Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Cashback.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I started at age 15.Thru my twenties ,many,many times I was judged a maniac,nutter etc etc.(probably because of that Rimutaka Hill road !!).

I have been riding 55 years now and feel ,yes ,I not as sharp or as physical as I used to be. I have the experience and feel its just a matter of accessing that experience.
    Really careful, but pick my spots and still like to step the pace up.

But we can always make mistakes and I get little reminders every now and then.

Keep the brain on the job and happy riding !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    To be picky, my annual registration only lasts for one year so I don't know how a $200 cashback on annual registration works if it is actually paid over two years. Isn't that a $100 cashback on annual registration for two years? Take off the two courses at $50 each and it is a $100 cashback over two years. Take off your time faffing around to book and attend the course and $200 seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

I know, I know, it's not about the money, think about the improvement in your riding skills. Whatever. I can ride safely when I want to. I believe I have demonstrated this over my 23 years riding in NZ paying ACC and never making a motorcycling claim. While there is quite obviously a need for new riders to learn both basic and advanced skills and this training will undoubtedly reduce their risk the fact is that a fair weather weekend rider with two years riding experience has to be more of a risk to ACC than a rider with say 15 years claim free all weather riding history. Stands to reason doesn't it? And yet all they could come up with was whether your bike was bigger than 600cc.

I'm afraid it missed its mark if I am the target audience.
    Yes my thoughts. If I take the course(s) it wouldn't reduce my ACC claim record as its already zero with over 20 years riding in NZ and some 30 years in the UK, only one insurance claim there - and that included a few years despatch riding in London. (There's a few ex DR riders here and they've probably got some excellent advice.)
    There's more than a few riders, I guess, with good records so maybe they should ask how its done and reward accordingly.

In the old days we'd just get a Tiger Cub as they were the safest bike ever as 90% never got past the garden gate such was the reliability.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    23 years ...Kiwi Biker riders need to know your secrets to survival..
    No different to yours and many many others I am sure.

Don't fall off, don't put yourself in harms way, don't wipe it on the curtains.

Bike
    Wots I gots.

Excuse the partial thread-hijack...

I keep looking for RiderForever courses both because I want to do them and because I've had money extorted through the rego to pre-fund them - but whenever I ask I'm offered a place in a course nowhere near where I live. I'd have to travel north to Hamilton or south to Wellington. I can't afford to take that much time off - being self-employed, the boss doesn't pay me to take leave :-) Am I missing something? Are there RF courses ever held in the Manawatu?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    I keep looking for RiderForever courses both because I want to do them and because I've had money extorted through the rego to pre-fund them - but whenever I ask I'm offered a place in a course nowhere near where I live. I'd have to travel north to Hamilton or south to Wellington. I can't afford to take that much time off - being self-employed, the boss doesn't pay me to take leave :-) Am I missing something? Are there RF courses ever held in the Manawatu?
    That's one of the problems. To deliver Ride Forever, instructors have to be CBTA certified. There isn't a CBTA qualified instructor with an ACC contract in every town.

Bike
    suzuki
    i'll be interested to see what they do when i take my $59 rego in for my classic bike and request the $100 cashback....

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    That's one of the problems. To deliver Ride Forever, instructors have to be CBTA certified. There isn't a CBTA qualified instructor with an ACC contract in every town.
    peripatetic...

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Yep: https://www.rideforever.co.nz/coachi...=1562378501915

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i'll be interested to see what they do when i take my $59 rego in for my classic bike and request the $100 cashback....
    That's a big win. They haven't excluded classic bikes, so effectively they will be paying you to ride it.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I'm off in a few weeks time for a couple of weeks of riding around the north of India and up into the Himalayas.

I sure that will teach me a few survival skills.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'm off in a few weeks time for a couple of weeks of riding around the north of India and up into the Himalayas.

That will be a great trip,you can practice by not using indicators and use the horn instead, crazy place to ride but seems to work.

Who's it with as I did a trip to Rajasthan run by a couple from Auckland?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    That will be a great trip,you can practice by not using indicators and use the horn instead, crazy place to ride but seems to work.

Who's it with as I did a trip to Rajasthan run by a couple from Auckland?
    It's run by a crowd over there called Royal Bike Riders.

No second guesses as to what we'll be riding.

Bike
    suzuki
    It's run by a crowd over there called Royal Bike Riders.

No second guesses for what we'll be riding.
    Royal Ruby's?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Royal Ruby's?
    I suspect they'll be anything but gems.

I'm sure they'll be perfectly suited to the task though.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT

Would enjoy a trip report on your return if you have the time
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Thread Information