Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 101

Thread: ACC Cashback.

  1. #16
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    6,754
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    The courses are delivered to a syllabus. Standards are always covered. Especially on the Bronze and Silver courses, which are linked to the CBTA standards.

    But I'm not a racer, so I dont even mention trail braking or apexing. When I deliver courses it's from my Roadcraft background. Other instructors have different backgrounds. Its inevitable that you'll learn different things from different people.

    Each instructor I know is awesome. But they aren't all the same.
    i've only heard good things about them

  2. #17
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,467
    I had two letters from ACC recently which I usually open with some trepidation.

    Both had cheques ( remember them) for a total of around $600 for overpaid ACC when I had my own business* back in the mid 00's.

    I then had to go to an actual bank and queue up to deposit it like back then too.

    Hey ACC....its 2018, whats with posted letters and cheques?

    At least you can your speeding tickets via internet banking.


    *Man in a Van.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i've only heard good things about them
    Been on any?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    K1600GTL
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Hey ACC....its 2018, whats with posted letters and cheques?
    The proposal I read for the upcoming system uses internet banking. I'm hoping that's true.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    10th June 2006 - 18:35
    Bike
    KTM
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    378
    Interesting, but i'd prefer some more noise around multiple bikes under one owner getting an ACC discount! Or maybe having ACC component become part of license renewal fee instead.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,686
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    The courses are delivered to a syllabus. Standards are always covered. Especially on the Bronze and Silver courses, which are linked to the CBTA standards.

    But I'm not a racer, so I dont even mention trail braking or apexing. When I deliver courses it's from my Roadcraft background. Other instructors have different backgrounds. Its inevitable that you'll learn different things from different people.

    Each instructor I know is awesome. But they aren't all the same.
    When did you last do one?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    K1600GTL
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    When did you last do one?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I deliver them, so each time I deliver one, I do one. Does that count?

    Each year I go and do a course with a different instructor, to always try to improve. Does that count?

    I am a member of IAM, Does that count?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,686
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I deliver them, so each time I deliver one, I do one. Does that count?

    Each year I go and do a course with a different instructor, to always try to improve. Does that count?

    I am a member of IAM, Does that count?
    You are not required to do testing every year?

    That would be unusual for an professional instructor.

    How long have you been a IAM full member? Had your 3 year retest yet?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    K1600GTL
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    You are not required to do testing every year?

    That would be unusual for an professional instructor.

    How long have you been a IAM full member? Had your 3 year retest yet?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    This isn't about me. It's about an announcement at 10 a.m. on Monday that might save us some dosh.

    At least, I'm hoping so.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    10th June 2006 - 18:35
    Bike
    KTM
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    378
    Ya - play the ball not the player

  11. #26
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,686
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    This isn't about me. It's about an announcement at 10 a.m. on Monday that might save us some dosh.

    At least, I'm hoping so.
    Just interesting how the Instructor system is setup. In my field an Instructor has a number of hours supervision and peer review every year. Continuous improvement and all that....

    I have doubts about saving money when I rego 3 bikes a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    K1600GTL
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Just interesting how the Instructor system is setup. In my field an Instructor has a number of hours supervision and peer review every year. Continuous improvement and all that....

    I have doubts about saving money when I rego 3 bikes a year.
    Let's wait and see what plays out. Even if you save $100, that's worth having, isn't it?

    I've yet to see anyone do a course and not gain benefit from it. The best riders I know are the ones who constantly seek to improve.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    5th December 2009 - 12:32
    Bike
    A red one
    Location
    Te Mosgiel
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I've yet to see anyone do a course and not gain benefit from it.
    Don't take offence, but I would expect an instructor to say that.


    The best riders I know are the ones who constantly seek to improve.
    How do ACC define 'best' though? I would have thought it was an easy matter for them, the 'best' riders are those who don't cause them paperwork. That's where it all gets out of whack. There should be some recognition of past riding and claim history, not simply recognition of doing a course in the previous 12 months, which is surely no guarantee that said rider won't be making a claim.

    I came across KB about ten years ago due to those fuckers at the ACC. The only thing that has changed is that I am now paying even more to subsidise all the fuckwits out there. And I still want my $30 back.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    K1600GTL
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Don't take offence, but I would expect an instructor to say that.



    How do ACC define 'best' though? I would have thought it was an easy matter for them, the 'best' riders are those who don't cause them paperwork. That's where it all gets out of whack. There should be some recognition of past riding and claim history, not simply recognition of doing a course in the previous 12 months, which is surely no guarantee that said rider won't be making a claim.

    I came across KB about ten years ago due to those fuckers at the ACC. The only thing that has changed is that I am now paying even more to subsidise all the fuckwits out there. And I still want my $30 back.
    If they give you $100 back isn't that better than nothing?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    5th December 2009 - 12:32
    Bike
    A red one
    Location
    Te Mosgiel
    Posts
    2,693
    It just feels wrong as it was my money in the first place. If they called it a discount and worked it the other way then perhaps I would feel different. Nah, on reflection I wouldn't.

    I think past claims help predict future claims. While I don't disagree that most will have improved skills the day after the course than the day before when you look at the self inflicted stupid shit that causes some of the crashes I have my doubts that this is a magic bullet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •