Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ZX25R small inline 4's again? !!

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    There's an article in Stuff today. It looks like a fun little bit of kit.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/12044...cream-on-track

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that the most optimistic forecast is that it will be twice the price of a ninja 400.
    Although I was the guy that paid $10,750 for a brand new first version Aprilia RS125 in 2003.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that the most optimistic forecast is that it will be twice the price of a ninja 400.
    Although I was the guy that paid $10,750 for a brand new first version Aprilia RS125 in 2003.
    Yes but with everything it's got it's twice the bike. BPF front end, traction control, quickshifter, etc etc. It ain't a Ninja 400 or similar, it's a small cc version of a proper sportsbike.

Disclaimer - I don't necessarily believe all those things are needed on a bike but I can understand why it makes it cost more.

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    There's an article in Stuff today. It looks like a fun little bit of kit.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/12044...cream-on-track

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    There's a link in the article to register your interest with kawasaki NZ. They are talking 14K + though potentially. It's a lot for a 250cc bike no matter how many cylinders it has. Could be a deal breaker for me. Otherwise could trade my Ninja 400 in on one.

Bike
    Yes but with everything it's got it's twice the bike. BPF front end, traction control, quickshifter, etc etc. It ain't a Ninja 400 or similar, it's a small cc version of a proper sportsbike.

Disclaimer - I don't necessarily believe all those things are needed on a bike but I can understand why it makes it cost more.
    It's missing some of the proper sportsbike kit though like an aluminium frame. Also the rear suspension appears unadjustable and possibly even the front though it is good to see BPF upside downers. I'm not trying to knock it, it's great to see but it appears to be still built to a price point. Which is fine if you are selling it for around the 12K mark.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    It's missing some of the proper sportsbike kit though like an aluminium frame. Also the rear suspension appears unadjustable and possibly even the front though it is good to see BPF upside downers. I'm not trying to knock it, it's great to see but it appears to be still built to a price point. Which is fine if you are selling it for around the 12K mark.
    It does appear that you are right, which is sad to see. But I'm guessing to keep it somewhat reasonable compromises needed to be made. Still not the best, especially if it does enter the market in the mid to high teens.

Bike
    It does appear that you are right, which is sad to see. But I'm guessing to keep it somewhat reasonable compromises needed to be made. Still not the best, especially if it does enter the market in the mid to high teens.
    Yep, if it is in the mid to high teens then it will make the forthcoming Aprilia RS660 (est RRP 20K) look like a steal! I dont think many people would pay that sort of coin for a 250cc bike. I would be curious to know what the original 250 fours sold for back in the day?I think from memory the GSXR's were quite reasonable buying.
    And they DID have an aluminium frame and twin front discs and adjustable suspension blah blah blah

Bike
    motocompo
    Yep, if it is in the mid to high teens then it will make the forthcoming Aprilia RS660 (est RRP 20K) look like a steal! I dont think many people would pay that sort of coin for a 250cc bike. I would be curious to know what the original 250 fours sold for back in the day?I think from memory the GSXR's were quite reasonable buying.
    And they DID have an aluminium frame and twin front discs and adjustable suspension blah blah blah
    Gsxr400g GK71B were $6100 in '84, which is probably like 20k today. Rod Coleman tried to secure another shipment, but they were going to have to retail at around $10,000, which put them out of the game, so we only ever got one lot.
    They were alloy frame, four piston calipers, monoshock rockets.
    I had a '81 GSX750 at the time & these things ran rings around it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Gsxr400g GK71B were $6100 in '84, which is probably like 20k today. Rod Coleman tried to secure another shipment, but they were going to have to retail at around $10,000, which put them out of the game, so we only ever got one lot.
    They were alloy frame, four piston calipers, monoshock rockets.
    I had a '81 GSX750 at the time & these things ran rings around it.
    Thanks for that, interesting. I raced a '94 GSXR400 in F3 a few years back. That 4 cylinder howl at 15K was addictive. A lot of fun to ride whether track or road. I kinda regret selling it.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    i see they are doing preorder's for them, $15995 if they get enough interest

https://kawasaki.co.nz/zx25r-pre-order/

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    i see they are doing preorder's for them, $15995 if they get enough interest

https://kawasaki.co.nz/zx25r-pre-order/
    Yeah good on em for giving the riding public a chance at least. Will be interesting to see how they go getting the numbers in this current economic climate.
    16K is a shite load of dosh for a 250cc bike, you'd have to be keen. That's exactly twice the current price of a black Ninja 400. Twice the bike? Hmmm.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    If only I had $16,000 to spare...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Yeah good on em for giving the riding public a chance at least. Will be interesting to see how they go getting the numbers in this current economic climate.
    16K is a shite load of dosh for a 250cc bike, you'd have to be keen. That's exactly twice the current price of a black Ninja 400. Twice the bike? Hmmm.
    agree for sure, i doubt they will get the numbers of preorders needed to bring them in, but i cant fault how they have gone about it, give the people what they want, and see if they will pony up a deposit,

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    NEAT! oh man.... this or a tenere700 hmhmhmhmhmhmmmmm

Thread Information