Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ZX25R small inline 4's again? !!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    agree for sure, i doubt they will get the numbers of preorders needed to bring them in, but i cant fault how they have gone about it, give the people what they want, and see if they will pony up a deposit,
    Initially I thought the NZ importer wasn't going to bring any in without a deposit, but looks like they aren't even going to manufacture them without a deposit is that correct?
    I'd quite like one but Im not about to lose my shirt to get one.
    How many sob stories do you see about people that lose their deposit on various ventures.
    And now your link dosent work, is that the first sign it's a scam?

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike

Carbon fiber version

Probably never see our shores or not for a silly amount of money but i like the styling of this and the Yoshi pipe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-25R-Racer-Custom-2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	346126

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Initially I thought the NZ importer wasn't going to bring any in without a deposit, but looks like they aren't even going to manufacture them without a deposit is that correct?
    I'd quite like one but Im not about to lose my shirt to get one.
    How many sob stories do you see about people that lose their deposit on various ventures.
    And now your link dosent work, is that the first sign it's a scam?
    my guess is they need a certain number to bring it in, (either minimum order from the factory, or minimum order to make it economic, probably both) I believe they are not made in a factory that supplies NZ normally so adding to an existing order is not a possibility

i would say, that the dealers wont have to pay a deposit, but wont be able to cancel orders, so they will want a deposit,

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike
    It would appear from this Indonesian(?) website that in stock configuration it's only pulling 41.4 HP at rear wheel on the dyno. Hard to get excited.

https://pertamax7.com/2020/06/12/kna...i-ninja-zx25r/

Bike
    Upgraded to 765!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    It would appear from this Indonesian(?) website that in stock configuration it's only pulling 41.4 HP at rear wheel on the dyno. Hard to get excited.

https://pertamax7.com/2020/06/12/kna...i-ninja-zx25r/

Well that's disappointing. Wonder if it's just been deliberately detuned and easy to turn the wick up a bit.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    51hp and 22 lb-ft of torque apparently. It weighs around 180kg though, which is a bit on the heavy side for a 250 (it's pretty much the same weight as my Street Triple).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rid...-revealed/amp/

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    There's rumours that Yamaha might also be getting in on the act:

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut.../2031998/lite/

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Dyno run and bleeding ears.

Manopausal.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Make it a 750 and I'd be tempted.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Must admit, I've been thinking about bucket list bikes lately and a GSXR750 has wormed it's way onto the list.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Traded my 2016 last year to save my knees and slow me down. Would have it back in an instant, that bike is exactly how I define motorbikes. The thou is too much, both on the road and the $$$, and for me at 6'1" a 250 is just too small. If the big K brought out a new ZXR750 I would be at the head of the queue. Or a proper R7 with four cylinders.

Saving for an R1 now. Bugger the knees.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Traded my 2016 last year to save my knees and slow me down. Would have it back in an instant, that bike is exactly how I define motorbikes. The thou is too much, both on the road and the $$$, and for me at 6'1" a 250 is just too small. If the big K brought out a new ZXR750 I would be at the head of the queue. Or a proper R7 with four cylinders.

Saving for an R1 now. Bugger the knees.
    Might have to nudge it up the list based on this post..

I've never owned nor really gelled with a sports bike. 600 to small and peaky, 1000 just to much of everything and frustrating on our twisty, tight Norfland roads. 750 seems to be the sweet spot.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    If this becomes a reality (and is available here), then it will very much have my attention:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...awasaki-zx-4r/

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    If this becomes a reality (and is available here), then it will very much have my attention:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...awasaki-zx-4r/
    I came within a whisker of buying a CBR400RR back in the day. But head ruled heart and I bought something comfortable and less tempting to go nuts on.

It was epic on twisty roads, truly bonkers.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I came within a whisker of buying a CBR400RR back in the day. But head ruled heart and I bought something comfortable and less tempting to go nuts on.

It was epic on twisty roads, truly bonkers.
    I had a VFR400 back in the day. It's probably the best engine for the road that I've ever owned. Fast enough to have lots of fun, but with a power level where all of the engine can still be used and you can go up and down through the gears on a twisty bit of road without being overly silly speed wise. It was so engaging to ride.

If I want to ride that way these days, I'll take the R3. But, although it is a very capable bike for what it is, and it handles exceptionally well and has a surprisingly engaging engine, it really could do with another 20 hp or so to give it a bit more oomph. Overtakes certainly take some planning to execute safely.

What I'd give for a modernly specced equivalent to my old VFR. It's a glaring gap in the market that I've been hoping they'll fill for years.

Thread Information