Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What mid sized Adventure bike should I buy

Bike
    MV Rivale 800
    I'd recommend the 650 V-Strom. I owned the previous generation bike (A 2017 model) which are now becoming more affordable on the second-hand market. No - They don't have much in the way of character but that's one of the very few negatives about them. The motor's a cracking unit and they are comfortable, the suspension is basic but good and they are easy to get spares for/servicing carried out.

The DR650 is always a good bet too. Yes they are more vibey but they do the whole adventure thing really well. Plus they encourage you to take a slightly gentler look on your biking life - No bad thing IMHO.
    Navy Boy

Bike
    Big money wasters
    Been some good advice given so far, I have had a F800GS ,good size great on the gas and given no trouble 2013-2017 seem to be better. A little less weight than the Triumph 800 for gravel work but the Triumph has a little more power for on the highway. There are not many bad bikes out there these days so the choice is not easy. If doing a lot of gravel work some of the 650 singles would be more fun .

Thread Information