Thread: Insurance

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200x

Insurance

Kia ora

My VFR is insured with Classic Cover, but Protecta seem to be considerably cheaper. Any thoughts, good or bad experiences with either company?

Thank you.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by pjpnz View Post
    Kia ora

My VFR is insured with Classic Cover, but Protecta seem to be considerably cheaper. Any thoughts, good or bad experiences with either company?

Thank you.
    Protecta used to be my insurer of choice but two years ago, they hiked my insurance by $100 (full ncd, never claimed, no convictions etc). Ended up with Star through Kiwibike brokers in New Plymouth and have stuck with them since.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by pjpnz View Post
    Kia ora

Thank you.
    Insurance company?s are all a bunch of cunts that do their best not to pay out. Buy the cheapest policy you can find and try not to make any claims.

Chur bro.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Like Jason said - banks and insurance companies are two completely different and separate businesses that happen o have the same logo and and branding.

There's the "Aren't we wonderful, we will look after you part" that will sucker you in to get you in the door. Then, when you actually need them (like with a bank you get in the shit - ask an overextended farmer say, or heaven forfend, you make an insurance claim) you get swung over to the heavy hitting knee breakers whose job it is is to NOT pay you.

They can all get fucked. They are a necessary evil, but they are commodity product suppliers. Review the T & C's, get the cheapest, and be prepared to fucking dig in and fight them when it turns to shit. Which it will as soon as you need them.

I am with VERO and you have reminded me that I need to look at mine. I think I am paying premiums on an inflated number that bears no relation to the market value of the bike.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    ...I think I am paying premiums on an inflated number that bears no relation to the market value of the bike.
    Insurance companies are more than happy for you to pay premiums on a massive cover that they have no intention of every honouring. "Oh yes, we'll insure your bike for 10 grand (but we'll only pay out on 2)."

Bastards the lot.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information