Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Itchy Boots

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    Thread Dredge warning !!
    But the subject is still valid

https://www.youtube.com/@ItchyBoots
    @ItchyBoots1.71M subscribers577 videos

Currently she is heading down Africa & negotiating the wet season ... many muddy challenges.

Description
    I've ridden 140.000 kilometers solo around the world and still counting! My name is Noraly, I'm Dutch and passionate about motorcycles, traveling and adventuring. In 2018, I quit my job, sold my belongings and have been traveling the world fulltime by motorcycle since then. Over 40 countries later, I am in North Africa, making my way down South. My loyal companion is named Alaska, because I rode her all the way up to the northern tip of Alaska before coming to Africa. She is a Honda CRF300L Rally with tonnes of modifications!

I share my adventures here on YouTube every Wednesday and Sunday! Welcome to the channel and I hope you'll enjoy the ride!

LET'S GO!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    My wife and I watch her episodes. One of the best things to cross our screen!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    One of my preferred YouTubes as well. I'm hopeful that as the journey extends further around to Nigeria she sticks to the coast to avoid the Boko Haram insurgents. With a following as large as Noraly has, she would be a prime target for kidnapping and ransom.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Yes. There are others but this is my regular watch. Her riding has come on immensely since she set out from India several bikes ago. A high point for me was her time in Iran; the people were amazingly helpful. I can't be bothered with all of the bullshit surrounding international travel now so I do it vicariously through Norally's travels.

Recommended.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yes. There are others but this is my regular watch. Her riding has come on immensely since she set out from India several bikes ago. A high point for me was her time in Iran; the people were amazingly helpful. I can't be bothered with all of the bullshit surrounding international travel now so I do it vicariously through Norally's travels.

Recommended.
    Yes she is very good .brave girl
    Too .

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    One of my preferred YouTubes as well. I'm hopeful that as the journey extends further around to Nigeria she sticks to the coast to avoid the Boko Haram insurgents. With a following as large as Noraly has, she would be a prime target for kidnapping and ransom.
    she seems to do her homework here and is often in touch with different travellers (we dont often see this part) and knows the lay of the land so to speak. I am sure she is aware of current events. There is quite a time lag between what we see and where she actually is.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    she seems to do her homework here and is often in touch with different travellers (we dont often see this part) and knows the lay of the land so to speak. I am sure she is aware of current events. There is quite a time lag between what we see and where she actually is.
    Was listening to the BBC yesterday. It seems Boko Haram are mainly confined to the North East of Nigeria. They used to control territory but now not so much. They mainly do hit and run attacks.

The government wasn't doing much about them, even after they kidnapped all those school girls. Michelle Obama got on the case and it went viral on international social media so the government finally got off their arses.

If Norally doesn't venture too far inland she should be OK. Fingers crossed.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Well I’ve managed to properly watch a couple episodes now she’s somewhete interesting.

The burnt out clutch through that Liberian boggy mud just epic. And what a great salute to the character of African men. That young chap lawerance that helped her and later his brother true men of selfless virtue helping her out.
    She made the point several times that everyone there helps you no one leaves anyone behind what a great nation of people in Liberia.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    She burned a clutch in Iran as well and the people there were just as amazing. On that occasion she was carrying a spare set of plates. I'd be surprised if in the light of that experience she wasn't carrying a spare set now. If she has mentioned that detail I missed it.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well the clutch has been repaired but I was surprised the local mechanics pulled the engine from the frame and removed the head, cylinder and piston even before removing the side cover and clutch. The clutch was defo toasted and it appears a lot of new parts went in, so I hope they put new rings in as well or that engine will turn into an oil burner before too much longer.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Quite a lot of metal broken pieces were washed out with petrol. Certainly had a new clutch basket and clutch plates fitted. Hard to tell what else might have been replaced. Like Pete, I was puzzled by the engine out, head and barrel off, too. No obvious reason. Unless the crankshaft was replaced. The mysterious noise that has recently been mentioned by Noraly...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    can only think they were lookig to see if any damage had been done by either the clutch or looking for source of the noise.She must hve done a few k s on the 300 by now!

Bike
    R100GSPD
    new episode up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-03 100054.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	353586  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    in the comments it is good to see that she acknowledges various parts of Africa are no go zones.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information