Thread: Fxdf rear tyres

Bike
    Fat bob

Fxdf rear tyres

2009 Fat bob and eats rear tyres for breakfast had the dunlop the metzeler me880 and me888 , the metzelers only lasting a few thousand kms. Don't get me wrong I'm after performance over longevity but these are ridiculous, anyone got suggestions (other than slowing down), I'm thinking of trying the pirelli night dragon.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    The Avon Cobras come with a very generous amount of tread from new.

Bike
    Tiger 1050/ Racing Sidecar/KX450F
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngunguru massive View Post
    2009 Fat bob and eats rear tyres for breakfast had the dunlop the metzeler me880 and me888 , the metzelers only lasting a few thousand kms. Don't get me wrong I'm after performance over longevity but these are ridiculous, anyone got suggestions (other than slowing down), I'm thinking of trying the pirelli night dragon.
    You could try the New Bridgestone H50 these should give you good life and grip, depending on hard you are on the throttle
    No Bull Sheds F1 Sidecar Team - Proudly supported by:

No Bull Sheds - Putoline Oils - Shoei Helmets - Raecin Motorsport - Mad Graphics

Bike
    Fat bob
    Cheers , yeah I realize this issue as much to do with my right hand as anything else .

Bike
    motocompo
    Cheers , yeah I realize this issue as much to do with my right hand as anything else .
    It may also be related to the size of your bob.
    Have you considered a mildly obese bob instead of a fat bob?

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob

I disliked the OE Dunlops D427s in the damp but they were sweet once warmed up and in the dry, tended to follow road tracks a little but not too bad, they lasted the longest out of several brands. The michelin Scorcher 32s are good tyres, but you wont get much more than 7- maybe 8000kms, even less probably with a heavy hand.
    My 96ci bob is putting out around 100hp rather than the stock 64hp which dosent help the rear tyre.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    My 96ci bob is putting out around 100hp rather than the stock 64hp which dosent help the rear tyre.
    My KTM does that in rain mode.

Sorry
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    My KTM does that in rain mode.

Sorry

Dont be sorry, lol

I agree with 1600+cc you imagine bigger HP, but the Torque and all day riding comfort, also dont forget that exhaust sound everyone knows is the icing on the cake.

Thread Information