Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shane richardson

Bike
    moped

Shane Richardson - BSB UK

How much bloody talent has this guy got, its just mind boggling watching his progress, on the tracks in the UK he has never ever seen or ridden on and leading the BSB pack in Super Stock 600 class, at Snetterton, amazing.
    Again i woke up this morning and the results were with Free Practise 1 and one clear lap he was 1.3 seconds ahead of the rest, and has been on this form ever since he arrived in the UK.

This boy is so dam impressive, he will be one to watch as a rider, and he just seems to addapt to all tracks quickly and easily by his form.

I would bet he will be picked up by a top BSB Team shorty, although from what i have seen the Team he is with are doing pretty good themselves.

In first two rounds at BSB he was leading the Championship, he's now running second at the moment, after not finishing a race at Brands.

Looks like its wet for the racing at Snetterton tomorrow but i don't think that with bother Shane to much.

After being at Knockhill last year and seeing the track myself, and there is nothing anywhere near like it here in NZ, he relished in the conditions (typical Scotland, wind and rain) using his head there, he had difficulty getting to grips with track, bike set up and the conditions, but still added another host of points to his tally by running with the top three, outstanding.

Pretty cool lad is our Shane, never forget bumping into him and his Dad on a Road Ride a few years ago, at the summit on the Rimutakas, and asking Sue and I how do you go about getting into the racing, he said he would like to give it a go.
    Well you never know unless you give things a shot, we all should be very proud to have a young Kiwi Lad in the very competitive BSB, and running at the sharp end.

Good Luck Shane, for the rest of the season.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Do the poms still insist on UK citizenship for a race licence ? I don't know anything about Shane so don't know how he qualifies to race there.

I remember it was brought in after a few colonials did more winning than they should have.
    Holden qualified with British parents I think but a lot of others were ruled out.

Bike
    moped
    Not sure
    Greg, I think he is just went on a working Visa, and has an international race licence. His partner is from the Uk. Peter Hickman i believe had some input to this UK venture.
    He raced in Moto America last year, on a ZX10 , him and Seth Devereux did it on a shoe string budget and impressed a few over in the States, that's for sure.

Bike
    motocompo
    He stayed in our motorhome at the TT this year.
    What a humble, down to earth person.
    You couldn't wish this success on a nicer bloke

Bike
    Exercycle
    I'd be interested to find out what the licence rules are now for the Brit domestic championships.
    The lack of an immediate brit family connection is I believe why Stoner started racing in Spain - Maybe Rene Gardner too ?

The TT of course is an International rather than a domestic permit.

And yeah, in my experience, the really good ones are also the nicest to deal with.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I've only been following his progress on FB since he and Seth were in the 'states and the results speak for themselves, absolutely amazing and although I've never met him he comes across very down to earth. Good to see it's confirmed.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    He raced in Moto America last year, on a ZX10 , him and Seth Devereux did it on a shoe string budget and impressed a few over in the States, that's for sure.
    Moto America doesn't even make it to TV here anymore. Bloody shame, great series.

Bike
    moped
    Like sidecarbob says he has a very professional mannerism about him. Yesterday top in both free practise 1 and 2 now on pole for race 1 tomorrow, how good is that.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I don't know how tuff Super Stock is over there but better than here anyway. I think his uncle or father rode bikes in the olden days. Seem to remember the name ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Think KX500. Drawing a blank on the name. Used to show up at Buckets occasionally.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'd be interested to find out what the licence rules are now for the Brit domestic championships.
    The lack of an immediate brit family connection is I believe why Stoner started racing in Spain - Maybe Rene Gardner too ?

The TT of course is an International rather than a domestic permit.

And yeah, in my experience, the really good ones are also the nicest to deal with.
    Stoner went to Europe because he was too young to road race in Aussie after winning everything in dirt track. Whne they arrived, the family actually lived mostly in the UK (in a caravan). He raced in the UK in super teens, plus then on RS125's etc in the UK, and also Spain , trying rack miles.

I don't think Ryuichi Kiyonari can claim any family connection and he won the BSB superbikes a few years ago!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Stoner went to Europe because he was too young to road race in Aussie after winning everything in dirt track. Whne they arrived, the family actually lived mostly in the UK (in a caravan). He raced in the UK in super teens, plus then on RS125's etc in the UK, and also Spain , trying rack miles.

I don't think Ryuichi Kiyonari can claim any family connection and he won the BSB superbikes a few years ago!
    So has the deal changed ? For a long while you could only get a Brit competition licence if you held a british passport. As I said before, Holden qualified by virtue of his coming here as a kid from the UK.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    So has the deal changed ? For a long while you could only get a Brit competition licence if you held a british passport. As I said before, Holden qualified by virtue of his coming here as a kid from the UK.
    you would not need a brit licence to race the BSB, you would do it on a NZ licence with confirmed FIM level insurance, BSB would have an IMN number for each event . (FIM international event permit) NZ champs even bigger non championships have them now, (do you think HIckman or Dunlop needed a MNZ licence to race the SUzuki Series)

edit in saying that, i dont know what licence Shane is racing on, he may have got a ACU licence, i dont know if you need to be a citizen with a passport to have one,

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    No idea, but these things come and go. Licencing quite often is aligned to the style of permit too.

I've raced in the UK twice, once on a ACU UK issued licence (as that was easier for them for permitting and a senior person of the ACU was the clerk of course) and on a FIM International licence. This last one the ACU was starting to try and make it really hard until I got he organiser involved as there were a number of int'l riders coming from Brazil, Aussie, 2 from N, plus many from Europe (which run on a start permission basis, so less of an issue).

I also tried to race another time in 2009, that I gave up on in the end because of the financial an other barriers that were being put up at random and adding to weekly, if you could get a response from them. In the end, licencing and insurance for a one day race meeting were going to exceed $2500...let alone everything else....

Bike
    moped
    Results from Snetterton over the weekend .
    Shane - Top in free practise 1 and 2, qualified on pole, Win in race 1, with fastest lap, now back on top in BSB Superstock 600. Well done, couldn't ask for anything better

Thread Information