Thread: Neotec 2

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Neotec 2

Anyone have one and your thoughts please? Thinking about buying one...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    A
    Yep, got Neotec 2 and I'm a fan.
    Had Multitec and then original Neotec prior to Neotec 2, guess you can say I've got a Shoei shaped head haha.
    Quite a heavy helmet, but it's comfy and relatively quiet for a modular helmet.
    Only thing I find odd is how internal sunshade doesn't come down far enough, well for my liking anyway.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Yep, got Neotec 2 and I'm a fan.
    Had Multitec and then original Neotec prior to Neotec 2, guess you can say I've got a Shoei shaped head haha.
    Quite a heavy helmet, but it's comfy and relatively quiet for a modular helmet.
    Only thing I find odd is how internal sunshade doesn't come down far enough, well for my liking anyway.
    Yep - I'd echo that. I've been using mine for a couple of months now for the Mon-Fri commute and its comfy and fairly quiet. The integrated Sena comms unit is neat too.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Casper, when you say relatively quiet, what are you comparing it to? Only ask because it is very hard to get a feel for how it compares to the GT Air, which is it,s closest rival, fitwise and spec-wise...

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Casper, when you say relatively quiet, what are you comparing it to? Only ask because it is very hard to get a feel for how it compares to the GT Air, which is it,s closest rival, fitwise and spec-wise...
    Simple, my Neotec 2 is what I wear when instructing, the convenience of the flip front etc.

Got an original GT-Air which I prefer when out on my own, this lid is now 2 to 3 years old, one would assume the 2nd gen GT-Air is better.

Both suit their purpose, but no denying the GT-Air is quieter and lighter, as in noticeably quieter and lighter. Keep in mind I wear ear plugs all the time when out riding.
    Everything else, fit and comfort, much the same as you've already found.
    If you need/want the flip front for compelling reasons, you'll live with the compromise.

FWIW - If I'm doing serious distance riding, the GT-Air is what I choose, the extra weight and noise of the flip front on a 1000 km day just annoys me.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Cool, thanks mate!...
    looked on youtube etc for a live comparison but only found a technical one.

Thread Information