2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    This is getting exciting

Bike
    Concours 14, S10

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by biggo View Post
    This is getting exciting
    Yeah only 7 months to go. Time to breakout Basecamp I reckon...

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    Quote Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
    It's coming soon....
    Must be getting close now Wayne

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Outside it’s dark, the wind is howling and the rain is near-horizontal… and we have just the thing to make you forget all that….

The 2020 TT2000 Long Distance Motorcycle Rally is now open for registrations!

In a first for the TT2000 rally, the 2020 event will be entirely a North Island affair, with a format similar to that used in the South Island event in 2019.

The rally is also a tad later than usual, being held on 28th February - 1st March 2020.

The wonderful Ashhurst Inn (in Ashhurst, near Palmerston North) is hosting the start and finish and from there you’ll need to visit 16 compulsory checkpoints, along with as many mystery checkpoints as you can locate and as many “flyers” as you choose to visit.

So dust off the maps and the mouse, get yourself a warm drink (or a cold drink that’ll warm you!) and start your planning now…

https://www.tt2000.org

We hope to see you all in Ashhurst in late February 2020!

Cheers,

Wayne
    TT HQ

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Thanks Wayne. Very nice. Had a super quick planning and looks like I can sleep in my own bed Saturday night. Always a bonus. Found two mystery check points already. Helps when I drive past one of them every single day

Looking forward to it and have registered. Now to see if I can get the days off work if they don't fall right for me.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha FZ1
    Good work Wayne.
    Well, it's been 42 years since I last rode in the North Island, so the maps will need a good dusting off.
    The wife's still keen for another TT (number 5), we've located all four mysteries, so let the planning begin - see you at the start.

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptywallet View Post
    Good work Wayne.
    Well, it's been 42 years since I last rode in the North Island, so the maps will need a good dusting off.
    The wife's still keen for another TT (number 5), we've located all four mysteries, so let the planning begin - see you at the start.
    My last ride in the North Island was a little more recent than that but it should have been March or April this year. However, when my TT scouting plans went west, a great bunch of TT riders stepped in and saved the day. Thanks to all who stepped up.

Special thanks goes out to whatastoner for his efforts... bloody good on ya!!

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    Thanks Wayne. Very nice. Had a super quick planning and looks like I can sleep in my own bed Saturday night. Always a bonus. Found two mystery check points already. Helps when I drive past one of them every single day

Looking forward to it and have registered. Now to see if I can get the days off work if they don't fall right for me.
    I'm thinking of asking Jacinda to make the start day of the TT a public holiday.... that should sort it for ya, veldthui.

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
    I'm thinking of asking Jacinda to make the start day of the TT a public holiday.... that should sort it for ya, veldthui.
    Nice but still wouldn't work for me. I have to work public holidays if it falls on my day at work. Dairy workers do it it hard but those 4 days off every 8 are nice.

Found the 4 mystery checkpoints and #4 was a hard one. Google Maps street view does not actually show the church as the trees block the camera.

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    ... Found the 4 mystery checkpoints and #4 was a hard one. Google Maps street view does not actually show the church as the trees block the camera.
    Actually, one of the images on the checkpoint web page/pdf is from Google StreetView!

Bike
    '15 VStrom 650, 1983 BMW R80G/S
    I found Mystery 4 a struggle as well but my daughter had it nailed with 5 minutes of being asked to have a go. The shape of the name on the sign was the give away apparently. Now to work on the route and i find all my other projects (trailer rebuild, LED lighting for house etc) have all gone from my thoughts while I work out a route.
    To anyone that ever told you you’re no good… They’re no better.

Bike
    2001 BMW F650GS Dakar

Just a heads-up...

I've added a link on the TT web site to one of the 2019 rider's video clips - Ogeemoto. Great effort!!

https://www.tt2000.org/previous-tt2000s.html

You can see all of Ogeemoto's videos here...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWn...C18Rilg/videos

I've also added some info. on other distance rallies and events coming up...

https://www.tt2000.org/other-distance-rallies.html

You know... just to keep you busy until February 2020...

Bike
    Upgraded to 765!
    Hey everybody, Im considering doing the TT2000 next year and looking at the best way to do route planning.

Is there a quick and dirty way to learn the best tool for this? I see that the tt2000 web page has files for google maps and garmin gps with basecamp or map source.

Im buggered if I can figure out how to create a route from the google maps file, it only lets me see the locations.
    Alternatively with basecamp/mapsource (looking at mapsource becuase I can use nzopen gps maps for free), it looks like map source doesnt follow roads when you create a route. is there a way to get this to happen? selecting points for every turn or junction in roads would take forever!

Cheers for your help

Thread Information