Thread: Joining in the fun

Bike
    1983 Yamaha RZ350

Joining in the fun

Greetings, new to the forum happy to be in the company of motorcyclists. (a time developed point of view on what defines a motorcyclist...)

I am 61 and have held my bike licence since my 15th birthday. CB125 first bike. Traded for RD350 from Bob Haldane ..... that changed me for life.. At 19 i met my wife to be and her dad had a TZ 350 and a TT Bronze. In my language that is way better than "does your dad own a brewery"

I have a few RD350 restoration piles collected over the years.

Looking for assistance / encouragement to get more hp from a RZ350 track bike.

I have a second motor being rebuilt and would like to reduce the weight of the ignition stator before pushing for HP.
    Any suggestions on ignition stator /rotor systems that have been succesful with the YPVS ?

#1 motor has a standard rotor / stator with Zeeltronic ignition running the PV. I assume i may need to go to a total lost system to power the PV servo motor..

Any leads to working solutions greatfully received.

Bike
    motocompo
    My suggestion would be to pick your way through this thread & ask in there.
    There are some amazing brains in there (and a few fuckwits) that don't venture out in to the regular forum.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...tuner/page2157

Bike
    Exercycle
    Welcome to the fun. To keep the PV, the best/cheapest solution is an Ignitec.
    But it will need experienced help to set it up.

Yes, ask on the ESE thread.

Bike
    1983 Yamaha RZ350

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome.. fortunately i know some of the propeller heads in the 2 stroke thread and have a few pointers on basic timing targets.

I will just have another bite of mushroom and jump down the ESE rabbit hole......

Cheers

Thread Information