Thread: unofficial road races with the blue team- anyone else recall participating ?

Bike
    XR650R

unofficial road races with the blue team- anyone else recall participating ?

during my mispent youth i had a few of these, i never got stopped during one, but I did get stopped just after one, also got "tracked down" after another - it didnt occur to me that the coppers would follow my powersliding marks on the gravel roads for over 20km, i was found sitting beside said xr500 40mins later having a ciggy awaiting nightfall.
    most comical one for me was over desert road, mufti in a turbo Lancer kept chasing me well after I'd gotten out of sight, I spotted him in the rear vision coming onto a long straight that i was exiting, i got up to speed, then spotted a little side road on a tight corner, i just made it up said road, hid bike (cbr6) in some bushes next to a cliff, spent the next four hrs watching the copper below going back and forth , he must have had a roadblock set up before taupo somewhere, I waited till dark and cruised off cautiously till well past taupo

Bike
    XR650R
    finding it hard to believe I'm the only one around here who's been involved, I was dead keen when I was younger
    the motorway headn into wellington from plimerton was a racetrack as I saw it then , I was apprentice mechanic, had a gs450 ( first roadbike) gòt chased one morning by a mufti bluebird, I was amazed how well he was doing till the breakdown lane ended ... then he got stuck in the traffic

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    finding it hard to believe I'm the only one around here who's been involved, I was dead keen when I was younger
    the motorway headn into wellington from plimerton was a racetrack as I saw it then , I was apprentice mechanic, had a gs450 ( first roadbike) gòt chased one morning by a mufti bluebird, I was amazed how well he was doing till the breakdown lane ended ... then he got stuck in the traffic
    Oh don't worry, plenty have, just you won't find them talking about it...

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Cathedral square Chch after Sunday night movies-six of us in a non-stop race down Colombo St to Johnny's Hamburgers in Sydenham-crazy stuff I know-The bike cops name was Dallow,did quite a good job keeping up with us until we split up,continued chasing me (Tiger 110) but it was getting silly so I stopped and waited for him.He had me and the others on six pretty serious charges but the deal was-I told him who the others were and he would reduce everyones charges to exceeding 30MPH-Pretty good deal so yep-He gathered all of us together and gave us a well deserved roasting-ripped up all the exceeding 30 tickets-and turned out to be a good bastard-That was nearly 60 years ago,doubt if you would get such treatment these days

Bike
    XR650R
    we had a simular type traffic cop in opotiki where I spent my early teenage years, he 1st pulled me up for carving thru the beach goers on a mini Yamaha 65cc trailbike when I was 9yrs old, after pointing out the mayhem I was causing, he just directed me to the empty end of the beach.
    I can assure people almost any traffic offense older than 6mths old is highly unlikely to be prosecuted.
    after a traffic pursuit I evaded , I received a nice letter from the traffic /justice dept after 6 months, it stated the charge had been withdrawn by leave - basicly means its too old to pursue prosecution.

Bike
    Big red vibrator
    as above, plenty of stories, save them for in person over a few, cold kiwi coming up or next cliffhanger, by the way you set some good times at the last one.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There used to be lots of discussion about runners on KB. I seem to recall Mikey was an enthusiast? The search function might bear fruit.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1981 yamaha XV1000

racing with the blue team

Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Oh don't worry, plenty have, just you won't find them talking about it...
    Me and my mates all did it back in the day. The last time for me was 5 years ago, i was doing well untill my fork-seals burst braking into a corner at speed. I have a large titanium upgrade now. The F**kwit at one of our local bike-shops, fitted the wrong seals, and the retaining clips werent engaged properly. That finished me for quite a while, and a nice 750 katana. I do my own mechanical work now..

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    One of my claims to fame was having chased Anton Dixon when he was part of the Roger Rabbit Gang in Auckland in 88 or 89.

Ys, Anton Roni Dixon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonie_Dixon

Thread Information