Thread: Auckland wof

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando

Auckland wof

Took the scooter in to get a wof at usual AA place in Mt Roskill.
    $42.00 ....that's $ 84 a year plus its rego.
    Value for money as was there for 45 minutes in the queue of 1 while they expertly checked wheel bearings and lights of a couple of cars.
    I wonder how much value wof inspections are as cars don't take drugs,get drunk, get distracted or play on the phone.
    The motor trade, milking punters since ages ago.
    Have to explore other options.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Took the scooter in to get a wof at usual AA place in Mt Roskill.
    $42.00 ....that's $ 84 a year plus its rego.
    Value for money as was there for 45 minutes in the queue of 1 while they expertly checked wheel bearings and lights of a couple of cars.
    I wonder how much value wof inspections are as cars don't take drugs,get drunk, get distracted or play on the phone.
    The motor trade, milking punters since ages ago.
    Have to explore other options.
    a trailer warrant is a rort, one set of tailights like the rear of a car, and some wheels with open air suspension and fuck all else, and nearly as expensive as a car.....

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    a trailer warrant is a rort, one set of tailights like the rear of a car, and some wheels with open air suspension and fuck all else, and nearly as expensive as a car.....
    I was pondering just getting 12 months rego and only having one 6 month WOF...its just a fecking money making racket..whats the no WOF fine?
    My trailer has no WOF currently as I can't be arsed queuing up behind a row of cars for a 2 minute inspection.
    Rant over.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    It's just another tax ... but on balance I'm glad that someone's doing safety inspections, on my gear as much as everyone else's.

Take a trip to some of the Pacific islands to see the alternative. Or parts of Africa or Asia, where brakes and tread are considered luxuries, horns are magical safety devices and indicators don't.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    It's just another tax ... but on balance I'm glad that someone's doing safety inspections, on my gear as much as everyone else's.

Take a trip to some of the Pacific islands to see the alternative. Or parts of Africa or Asia, where brakes and tread are considered luxuries, horns are magical safety devices and indicators don't.
    Somewhere in between, it's like other rorts like test n tag in offices. I liked riding in Vietnam and India all that horn beeping and jostling

Bike
    BSA A10
    If you saw the shit that comes through our workplace for WOF checks you'd be glad they're getting done
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I was pondering just getting 12 months rego and only having one 6 month WOF...its just a fecking money making racket..whats the no WOF fine?
    My trailer has no WOF currently as I can't be arsed queuing up behind a row of cars for a 2 minute inspection.
    Rant over.
    I've been pulled over a few times over the years and no one has ever looked at the WoF. If there's a licence or rego check they usually just wave the bikes through.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post

+1. I'd heard somewhere that WOF type issues are a factor in high consequence traffic accidents, but only a very small percentage... from memory around 2%? But if we relax WOF stuff that'll go up, fast.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    If you saw the shit that comes through our workplace for WOF checks you'd be glad they're getting done
    Thankfully they stay in the South Island..

They take so long to do a door slam test,seat belt fade colour check, tyre kick,wheel spin, depth guage and so on....
    You can tell by looking at the state of the vehicle and the owner how much you need to delve.

I doubt the tiny bits stone chip surface rust spots on the back door of my nearly 20 year old van are going to cause an accident.
    They missed that I had cable tied the bumper on after a car ripped it off with his/her/other towbar and drove off.....

Thread Information