Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No new bikes or cars seem worth buying these days?

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Had an interesting conversation today with a Ford salesman regarding the upcoming Mazda3electric. He was saying it is no greener than the outgoing over the course of it's intended life. He told me that info came from a recent Mazda conference he attended...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Had an interesting conversation today with a Ford salesman regarding the upcoming Mazda3electric. He was saying it is no greener than the outgoing over the course of it's intended life. He told me that info came from a recent Mazda conference he attended...
    Looks like green is the one to have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	342786  

Bike
    Indian Scout
    So a riding Buddy from years gone bye has the itch again to get back on two wheels and buy something exciting. Something stunning, something that reaches out and grabs his heartstrings, something that stirs his soul. He did the rounds of shops and webby searching. Seems I'm not alone in thinking bikes have become boring. He's disappointed with what's on offer and the microscopic advances bikes have made lately. Nothing appeals to him. First world problems I know but it doesn't bode well for the industry.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Jeepers, tough audience! Did you send him off for a jaunt on your MT? Plenty of others similar to yours to choose from...then the likes of the Indian FTR and the new Harley range for something different?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Sold

No need to be bored - things "are" happening.

Lots of new jingle jangles to consider here:- https://advrider.com/curtiss-zeus-v8...ent=08_29_2019 -

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    He's disappointed with what's on offer and the microscopic advances bikes have made lately. Nothing appeals to him.
    Sounds like he would be best off with a car. What advances is he expecting, bluetooth speakers or crumple zones?

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Sounds like he would be best off with a car. What advances is he expecting, bluetooth speakers or crumple zones?
    Sounds like he needs a 'Pani.

Bike
    Sold

Two wheels?

Adaptation?:- https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/stat...y&refsrc=email - Plenty of thought candy out there yet? -

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Sounds like he needs a 'Pani.
    Funny you should say that. The Panigale and S1000RR are all that caught his eye.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Perfect bikes after a lay off for a few years.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I know what you mean but this fella has been toying around on two tonne Sherman tank disguised as an adventure tourer motorcycle.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Check out some of Steve Gorehams vids and books. So much “green” energy is like that... just check out how much concrete and rebar those wind turbines have in there foundations....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Check out some of Steve Gorehams vids and books. So much “green” energy is like that... just check out how much concrete and rebar those wind turbines have in there foundations....
    tons and tons The "windmills" dont actually last very long either.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    The OP makes a good point. Now in my mid-40s I agree that this isn't just a 'Getting old' thing at all.

My latest purchase was a 1983 Honda CR250 - Like the ones I remember from being a kid doing motocross in South Africa on my little Yammie YZ80 - Which I'll race in the Top of the South VMX series. It's perfectly quick enough to provide me with plenty of thrills and I'll enjoy myself into the bargain.

Road bike-wise I bought a 2-year-old Triumph Street Triple RS a couple of months back from a mate who works in the Dockyard in Devonport. It's fabulous, goes like a stabbed rat and has lots of bells and whistles. Is it better than my 2008-model original Street Triple that I owned in the day? Not really. More refined yes but better? Nah.

So yes - I get where you're coming from. Bikes have advanced most noticeably, during the past 10-15 years at any rate, in the area of rider aids and electronic control. I guess it depends on your riding as to how much of a benefit that is.

Bike
    Indian Scout

Triumph may have seen my post

Maybe the folks at Triumph read our posts and found my lament about the lack of exciting new models. Bike models that is, not the models with tits. Well actually catwalk models rarely have any tits anyway, more stick insects.

These two new toys have caught my eye.

The Rocket will no doubt be rather expensive for the limited amount of use I would get from a massive cruiser. But I give Triumph the thumbs up for the cool looks and the guts to make the biggest bike...bigger and what a pleasant surprise, 40kg lighter. Well done for bucking the weight gainer trend Lads.

I have fond memories of my Daytona 675 so look forward to seeing what this new 765cc baby does for the pulse rate when it finally reaches our shores.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocket3-MY20-1366x768-image51.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	343084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocket3-MY20-1366x768-image46.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	343085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocket3-MY20-1366x768-image45.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	222.2 KB 
ID:	343086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daytona EU-20MY-Moto2 Factory Ride- Moto2 Engine-770x770px.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	343087  

Thread Information