Thread: Grey Gold

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    What about a Rich one?
    is there such a thing?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Good quality tools make every task you undertake become a piece of cake......
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Its very relaxing to ride....
    I'm finding that about the BSA

Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    A poor tradesman always blames his tools.
    Because a poor tradesman has poor tools

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Mmmmm Cake
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

...only if you have the acumen or skill to use them...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...only if you have the acumen or skill to use them...
    You can learn all that...I was forced to when my VW Beetle put a valve thru a piston and the old man gave me a Haynes Manual and a Powerchief socket set ( made in Hong Kong crap).
    The day I take a bike into the shop for an oil and filter change I'll hang up my leathers......
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    is there such a thing?
    Well I was playing on words, but to answer your question, yeah. If he grows his business, employs well and gets good contracts. A builder. A refrigeration tech. A machinist. These are 3 of the richest people I know.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    I grew up with 70's bikes and like to see them running about but I know that a lot of them were really crap in their day. I had lotsa two strokes - and so did all my mates - and most seized up at some time or other. Would be fun to have one but I wouldn't dare venture far on it. Would probably junk the oil pump and run pre-mix. There are not many oldies I would actually consider buying today. I rebuilt an old DR500 about 10 years ago and ran it for 5 years. It was reliable. Shoulda kept it I guess. Modern bikes are 10 times more reliable.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Pani
    Ditto, they were as you say mostly rubbish compared to todays bikes. Contrary to opinion of the cabal of cunts who seem to own this place I do like classic bikes including 70's models (who doesnt love a 77 900SS?) but seeing anything old especially in jap crap in mint condition going for silly money I find very amusing. Its as if people have forgotten how bad they were as they start singing along at the pub about the good old days when men where men and H2's spat you off left right and centre. Speaking of which I see that purple H2 is now listed at 20 something k, all I can say is good luck mate because sooner later some moron will buy it!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Ditto, they were as you say mostly rubbish compared to todays bikes. Contrary to opinion of the cabal of cunts who seem to own this place I do like classic bikes including 70's models (who doesnt love a 77 900SS?) but seeing anything old especially in jap crap in mint condition going for silly money I find very amusing. Its as if people have forgotten how bad they were as they start singing along at the pub about the good old days when men where men and H2's spat you off left right and centre. Speaking of which I see that purple H2 is now listed at 20 something k, all I can say is good luck mate because sooner later some moron will buy it!
    you couldn't give me a 79SS900. a red 78 Darmah i'd crawl over broken glass to get.

Bike
    suzuki
    Well I was playing on words, but to answer your question, yeah. If he grows his business, employs well and gets good contracts. A builder. A refrigeration tech. A machinist. These are 3 of the richest people I know.
    yeah but then he's no longer a tradesman, he's a business owner and manager.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I still have fond memories of some of the bikes I rode in the 70's. But I would not want to own any of them today.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you couldn't give me a 79SS900. a red 78 Darmah i'd crawl over broken glass to get.
    I’m glad mine is black and gold as only have a small first aid kit.( was originally red but was painted a horrible maroon colour, repainted it in ‘87)

Bike
    Pani
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I still have fond memories of some of the bikes I rode in the 70's. But I would not want to own any of them today.
    I have memories but not fond, it involves tires made of glass, undercarriage to suit a 747, two fisted brakes, powerbands the size of a gnats cock, chewing gum swingarms, points, friction steering dampers and road rash- plenty of road rash....

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you should have bought a nice little car
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Pani
    Maybe you should have bought a nice little car
    What? Like a Commer Cob, a 55 morrie splitscreen, a vauxhall viva?

Thread Information