Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Brexit and Trump the biggest ever embarrasments!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Raymond!!! Here you are. Where have you been? I miss you terribly.

I have not been happy since you ran off a few months ago.

Our bed is always cold.

I miss riding with you. I like being on my own bike, but I miss riding behind you with my arms wrapped around you.

Rupert, our baby, has been pining for you. He is not eating much. He is not interested in his favourite treats. He sits by the door waiting for you to come home.

I miss you. I miss your strong arms around me as we go to sleep.

Please come home my darling. Life is not the same without you.
    Ahahahahaha! Awesome post!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    aprilia
    See, I told you lot you should be referring to him as God emperor Trump....

Bloody pagans. Indian brahs be putting you lot to shame.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    See, I told you lot you should be referring to him as God emperor Trump....

Bloody pagans. Indian brahs be putting you lot to shame.

Is that at Karni Mata temple? The one where they worship rats? Would seem appropriate for the biggest rat of all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karni_Mata_Temple
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Is that at Karni Mata temple? The one where they worship rats? Would seem appropriate for the biggest rat of all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karni_Mata_Temple

Its the prophecy of convefe.... if you were paying attention this would be obvious.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Here is our fundamental difference ..

You say there are some things that are so abhorrent as to never be acceptable ..

I say that at some point they were seen to be acceptable ... Therefore, there is no such thing as a moral absolute.
    There's a secondary part though - which is that whilst we agree on the historical record - you cannot bring yourself to make an argument that they are or were acceptable.

It's that last bit that is Key, because it is my conjecture is that the reason you can't make the argument is that it is a form of an absolute. One that neither you nor I can or will compromise on.

I put it to you that the only way it can be considered 'Moral' is if one assumes certain false a priori beliefs (Like Phrenology or a supremacist doctrine), but such a deception cannot does not change the absolute nature of it.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    aprilia
    Rampant mental illness being paraded around on the world stage...

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    There's a secondary part though - which is that whilst we agree on the historical record - you cannot bring yourself to make an argument that they are or were acceptable.

It's that last bit that is Key, because it is my conjecture is that the reason you can't make the argument is that it is a form of an absolute. One that neither you nor I can or will compromise on.

I put it to you that the only way it can be considered 'Moral' is if one assumes certain false a priori beliefs (Like Phrenology or a supremacist doctrine), but such a deception cannot does not change the absolute nature of it.
    I think I said it earlier - I do wonder what future generations will think of our actions and what they will consider to be immoral ..

Yes - former beliefs were false ..

I can make an argument for any of those things - I'm a philosopher - we can make arguments for anything - but I can't make an argument that I find convincing ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I think I said it earlier - I do wonder what future generations will think of our actions and what they will consider to be immoral ..
    That depends on what happens - if there is some form of definitive clash (ie a Civil War or other landmark conflict) then there are a few things that I think will be considered Immoral, but the ones I'm thinking of will likely be forgotten in the mists of time, only to repeat themselves like they inevitably do.

Yes - former beliefs were false ..

I can make an argument for any of those things - I'm a philosopher - we can make arguments for anything - but I can't make an argument that I find convincing ..
    It's that last part for me, none that are convincing, which goes to my notion that there is *something* that is absolute about it.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    aprilia
    Ivanka aint no embarrassment.... Lord have mercy!!!

Bike
    aprilia
    Yep, the entire family are ANTIFA activists spouting communist propaganda!!

Bike
    aprilia
    Further proof that global warming is a myth...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well in keeping with the thread title, if Johnson isn't the biggest ever embarrassment, he must now be the most embarrassed.

The Supreme Court in Britain has just ruled that Johnson's five week suspension of Parliament was unlawful. "The Prime Minister's advice to Her Majesty was unlawful, void and of no effect". The decision means that the current situation is as if Johnson's suspension of Parliament never happened.

The decision of a full panel of eleven judges was unanimous. The Speaker is immediately making moves to get Parliament sitting again. Predictably there are already calls for Johnson's resignation.

In the old days he'd have lost more than his job, he'd have lost his head. They took lying to the Queen seriously back then.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

It's that last part for me, none that are convincing, which goes to my notion that there is *something* that is absolute about it.
    Just because I don't find them convincing - and neither do you - does not mean that other people will also find them unconvincing .

They may well find them totally convincing ..

For instance, there are people here who may well find Ayn Rand's ethics of selfishness to be utterly convincing - and looking wider Rand convinced a large number of influential capitalists of the virtue of their selfishness ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Well in keeping with the thread title, if Johnson isn't the biggest ever embarrassment, he must now be the most embarrassed.

The Supreme Court in Britain has just ruled that Johnson's five week suspension of Parliament was unlawful. "The Prime Minister's advice to Her Majesty was unlawful, void and of no effect". The decision means that the current situation is as if Johnson's suspension of Parliament never happened.

The decision of a full panel of eleven judges was unanimous. The Speaker is immediately making moves to get Parliament sitting again. Predictably there are already calls for Johnson's resignation.

In the old days he'd have lost more than his job, he'd have lost his head. They took lying to the Queen seriously back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post

I fell about laughing (have to spread reputation etc etc .. )

Thread Information