Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Are Brexit and Trump the biggest ever embarrasments!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Has the British not had an attack of mass insanity, Britain would still be within the community and thus local to 26 European countries. Since Brexit they are now subject to "strict border regulations" whereas previously they were not. That is soley due to Brexit, nothing to do with Covid.
    Even the Guardian had to admit it was primarily due to Covid.

The Strict border controls aren't because of Brexit, it's because fears of Transmission.

I saw that because i was looking at the Guardian. The article is specifically about Ireland rather than the rest of Europe so it is "another".

That's OK though, I have no serious expectation of being ever able to penetrate the alternate reality you inhabit.
    "Yes, I was looking in a Cesspit and saw a giant Floating turd, therefore everything must be covered in Shit"

Here's the real kicker though - Let's talk about Covid Vaccinations and the EU threatening to illegally (as per WTO terms) prevent the UK from getting Vaccines the UK has legally purchased and was able to do so entirely due to it not being in the EU. Now, why would the roaring success of the EU 'Community' need to do such a thing? And why would the British who "had an attack of Mass insanity" be clearly benefiting from not being in the EU, to the point where the EU is trying to illegally stop Vaccines?

These are not the actions of a stable institution that seeks to merely trade on a level playing field.

And as an FYI - I'm one again proud of the 'Mass Insanity' as you put it. It's the same 'Mass Insanity' that ended the Slave trade and started (and won) WW2.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rather warped view of history there. There was all these gammon types banging on about the Blitz and winning the war. None of them had anything to do with the war.
    If they had served in WW2 they might have appreciated the presence of the Poles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nationalities of pilots inforgraphic 604.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	348774  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Rather warped view of history there. There was all these gammon types banging on about the Blitz and winning the war. None of them had anything to do with the war.
    If they had served in WW2 they might have appreciated the presence of the Poles.
    It's almost like the idea of standing up to encroaching Tyranny from Europe, against the rest of the world saying not to do it, is something that Britain has a long and proud history of.

And fun fact: Most of the people that were either old enough to have served in WW2 or been alive during WW2 voted for Brexit - so exactly whom has the warped view of History?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    It's almost like the idea of standing up to encroaching Tyranny from Europe, against the rest of the world saying not to do it, is something that Britain has a long and proud history of.

And fun fact: Most of the people that were either old enough to have served in WW2 or been alive during WW2 voted for Brexit - so exactly whom has the warped view of History?
    That's neither fun nor fact. Anybody that is old enough to have served in WW2 is nudging 100 years old. They are very thin on the ground now.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    That's neither fun nor fact.
    There's a large number of times, outside of Brexit, WW2 and ending of the Slave trade where Britain has stood alone, against 'conventional wisdom of the time' and have subsequently been shown to be righteous.

That independence of Thought, I can assure you, is Deeply held.

Anybody that is old enough to have served in WW2 is nudging 100 years old. They are very thin on the ground now.
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...-britain-voted

Over 65s voted to leave at the highest percentage.

Bearing in mind that the Brexit vote was 5 years ago.

Thread Information