Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki M50 for sale or swap for BMW 1150 GS (1200GS)

Bike
    BMW R1200GS '06
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab47 View Post
    Im looking to get my full licence soon and was looking at bikes like your Suzuki M50 with the intent of cruising/ touring the south island.
    can I ask, why did you deem it unsuitable ?

Im just a noob doing some research, thanks for your help

Josh
    Yeah, it is quite subjective. The M50 (or any other cruiser) is a great bike in general. It has a certain character, beside that the suspension geometry, seating position ground clearence and weight distribution which works pretty well in certain conditions. I can tell you now, how much more fun to ride the GS (1150) than the M50. Simply because of the differences mentioned above. Not even talking about going off the tarmac. I'm also a noob, so probably my opinion is irrelevant because of lack of experience, and possibly over the time I could master a cruiser and go anywhere on it, just like an ozi bloke on Youtube, he does big trips on dusty roads two up on a same bike what I just sold. Anyway I'm in my midlife crisis (No2 i guess or 3?) so I rather spend my time on joyful rides than figuring out the best way to ride a cruiser no matter how good it looks. Back to the first sentence, you might love it, don't let me talk you off, I don't. Simple as that.

Bike
    BMW R1200GS '06
    [QUOTE=SaferRides;1131141368]I've ridden 1150 and 1200 BMW's on tours in Australia. I can endorse what was said a few posts back - don't even think about the 1150.

Enjoyed my 1150 so much, I sold it for good, but no need for cash for a while. So I bought a 1200 GS, it will come from Auckland.... one more week to go before delivery... I wish I have time to ride it home... soooo exciting.

Thread Information