Thread: I've got one of these.....

Bike
    1977 Moto Guzzi Convert

I've got one of these.....

I see by using the search button that there are, or have been, a couple of others lurking amongst the membership. Are there any more out there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190824_172016_resized.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	472.1 KB 
ID:	342814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190824_171644_resized.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	342815  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah a mate has one of those
    It's a Lexus yeah? His is white. Or is that a a Dihatsu? I'm not up with bonnet emblems.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Never mind the car, I want the garage door opener. It's such a drag having to manually lift up the door...

Seriously, it's important to remember that any Italian motorcycling pedigree has scooters at its heart
    Even if it isn't critical to own one here and now
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    1977 Moto Guzzi Convert
    Oh, the thing on the left, it's just another kitchen appliance, I should have left it out. Out of the bike space that is.

Seriously, it's important to remember that any Italian motorcycling pedigree has scooters at its heart. Yeah so do Hondas don't they, was the first one a Cub?

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushrodtwin View Post
    I see by using the search button that there are, or have been, a couple of others lurking amongst the membership. Are there any more out there?
    Mate in the air force had one of those.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure Motu had one of these bikes, but havent seen him on KB for quite a while
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Mate in the air force had one of those.
    roy gardiner?

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    roy gardiner?
    That's the one

Bike
    1977 Moto Guzzi Convert
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    roy gardiner?
    Crikey, that character! You & your mate, Speedpro, might like to PM me, I think you've spelled his name wrong.

Yes, a long time since I've been here, opened the site in boredom, and this is the first post I saw.

Yes, I have a Stornello, a blue one, and Roy Gardiner had a red one. The original importer was also a member here...it took me a long long time to find the man responsible for bringing the Stornello's to NZ. I got mine going again about 5 years ago after not being used for over 20 years, last rego on the plate is 1988. Not a restore, just a strip and rebuild, only new parts were tyres and tubes, a chain and carb kit last year after the banjo broke. Rego expired years ago, I just hoon around our back roads on it, it's still good fun, WOT everywhere, scrapping the pegs at small lean angles. I smashed the instrument panel in 1985 when I rolled it in a highside, so I had to make some instrument pods for it. Now, how do you post pics here now ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3300194.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	342941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-25 14.47.55.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	342942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-08 14.20.11.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	342943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-07 14.36.39.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	342944
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

It's on the transporter because it broke a chain on one of my fist rides, going up Otorohaea Trig Rd. Loving the right side shift, I never make a mistake. When I first got it going I was commuting 400km a week on the Airhead - one ride on the Stornello, and next day I'm braking with the gearlever, trying to shift with the brake pedal. Muscle memory....straight back to the '70's.

So, what's the story with the red one...are you an original owner, or who's was it ? I know who had the first ones, and some who them later. I was one of the original buyers, we went down and got them all, 5 I think.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2006 XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Yes, a long time since I've been here, opened the site in boredom, and this is the first post I saw.

Hi Motu, good to see you are still around. I check in here reasonably regularly but don't post as often as I used to. Have fun
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    1977 Moto Guzzi Convert

I've got one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    It's on the transporter because it broke a chain on one of my fist rides, going up Otorohaea Trig Rd. Loving the right side shift, I never make a mistake. When I first got it going I was commuting 400km a week on the Airhead - one ride on the Stornello, and next day I'm braking with the gearlever, trying to shift with the brake pedal. Muscle memory....straight back to the '70's.

So, what's the story with the red one...are you an original owner, or who's was it ? I know who had the first ones, and some who them later. I was one of the original buyers, we went down and got them all, 5 I think.
    I tried posting a reply to this a while ago, must have pushed the wrong button??
    I bought it new, it's one of the five you and Phil Dolan picked up from the mower shop Hamilton. 32761Km.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Never mind the car, I want the garage door opener. It's such a drag having to manually lift up the door...
    )
    There ya go. Cheap as chups...
    https://www.homedepot.com/s/garage%2...0opener?NCNI-5
    Lets go Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Pushrodtwin View Post
    I tried posting a reply to this a while ago, must have pushed the wrong button??
    I bought it new, it's one of the five you and Phil Dolan picked up from the mower shop Hamilton. 32761Km.
    Roy and Tom got the reds ones...Tom's one ended up with Leslie M, I haven't come across her for many years. Leslie D had a green one from new, sold it when she went to OZ with Phil, not sure who got it now. Good to see them still around...has it been reliable ? Mine broke a crank, same as one of the first ones sold. I had a new mainshaft made...$150, you could probably add a zero to that nowdays. I saw that a blue 160 was stolen maybe last year. The only other blue one was the first sold, maybe that was it...maybe not ? Still a stink thing to happen to a rare bike.
    Waging war with society

Thread Information