Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M109

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Triplediamond View Post
    Not true....After 50 years of riding many bikes and mainly cruisers, all bikes will corner but it depends on the rider. Most cruisers are not the best cornering bikes but when ridden properly with an experienced rider they can keep up pretty well with most average riders on most bikes. The M109R has grunt to spare and although has a 240 rear tyre (same as V Rod and a few others) this bike can corner well especially using when using apex cornering. Just take a look on You Tube and the facts speak for themselves.
    Suzuki M109R is an awesome cruiser bike and excellent value for money when you compare price, hp, torque, reliability, handling and available extras etc.
    I don't need to look at YouTube. I've ridden one, also owned a V rod with 240 rear. M109 has plenty of torque as you say but no amount of apex cornering technique will ever see it keep up with a V rod let alone a lot of other cruisers on a good twisty ride. 50 years of riding doesn't mean anything other than you're old, I've ridden for 40 years and I'm old. I had a Victory Vegas that could out corner an M109 and that's saying something, I dragged the frame of the Victory all over the place, hardly needed a kick stand.

M109 = straight line cruiser that appeals to those that like the look of a feed bag on a horses head.

Bike
    To be purchased

M109R The truth

Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    I don't need to look at YouTube. I've ridden one, also owned a V rod with 240 rear. M109 has plenty of torque as you say but no amount of apex cornering technique will ever see it keep up with a V rod let alone a lot of other cruisers on a good twisty ride. 50 years of riding doesn't mean anything other than you're old, I've ridden for 40 years and I'm old. I had a Victory Vegas that could out corner an M109 and that's saying something, I dragged the frame of the Victory all over the place, hardly needed a kick stand.

M109 = straight line cruiser that appeals to those that like the look of a feed bag on a horses head.
    HaHaHa...Well everyone has an opinion. Old has nothing to do with it! Experience counts. You’re only as old as the woman you feel! Ive probably ridden more bikes than you’ve had hot dinners. My last 5 bikes were brand new Harleys, Deuce, Fat Bob, Night Rod Special, Street Glide and Breakout. Breakout and V Rod had same back Tyres as 109 and didn’t handle any better than the 109’s I’ve ridden. Sad truth is that Harleys are hugely more expensive, don’t handle that well (except the Fat Bob) need more money spent on them to upgrade hp and most have less technology than most other bikes for the same money. I’ve ridden Harleys, Victory’s, Kawasaki’s, Hondas, Yamahas, KTMs, BMW, Triumphs and I’ve owned one of most of those over the years.
    As far as the 109 is concerned it has much more hp and torque than a V Rod (unless you spend money upgrading) right out of the box and handles just as well in my opinion. Plus, the V Rod was so good they don’t even make them anymore... They didn’t sell well! lol. You can still buy a Suzuki M109R and there are many thousands of riders who agree with me. So you are out voted too! The latest models are pretty much sorted after years of manufacture. At the end of the day, bike handling and opinions come down to “the nut behind the bars”.

Thread Information