Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Final outcome of RWC?
    Still third I think.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Well, England played their Final against the ABs, SA played their final against us.

Everything that had 'worked' when we played the ABs, simply didn't when we played SA, they did to us what we did to the ABs.

They played out of their skin and deservedly won.

However, on the subject of World Rugby - isn't it wonderful:

NZ Beat SA convincingly in the Pool matches.
    England beat NZ convincingly in the Semis.
    SA beat England convincingly in the Final.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    All Blacks are still the benchmark of the game and as ever - the team to beat. - South Africa didn't do that at the RWC 2019! -
    Ian Kirkpatrick once said you can't beat the Welsh but you can score more points than them.
    You two sound like that when talking boot the All Blacks....
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    As gutting as it was to be knocked out in the Semis by England it was harder still to watch the AB's completely outplayed as well.Maybe the losses to the Irish and the Lions tour draw and subsequent recent losses to SA and Aussie have been a godsend to NZ fans in that it is inevitable that the AB's can not win them all in this modern era. After all it has been the AB's dominance over the last decade that has dragged up all other nations skill and fitness levels and that is something to be truly proud of.

The other thing kiwis can be proud of is the way the World Cup loss has been accepted, no moaning no whinging no blaming the ref. This time just take it on the chin and get on with the show I think we maybe finally maturing as a rugby mad nation.

Can't rest now SA we're superb in the final and England's young side learnt a harsh reality... that is you gotta tour the southern hemisphere more if you wanna become more consistent.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Still third I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Ian Kirkpatrick once said you can't beat the Welsh but you can score more points than them.
    You two sound like that when talking boot the All Blacks....
    Exactly the point I was making - thank you both. -

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    As gutting as it was to be knocked out in the Semis by England it was harder still to watch the AB's completely outplayed as well.Maybe the losses to the Irish and the Lions tour draw and subsequent recent losses to SA and Aussie have been a godsend to NZ fans in that it is inevitable that the AB's can not win them all in this modern era. After all it has been the AB's dominance over the last decade that has dragged up all other nations skill and fitness levels and that is something to be truly proud of.

I dont agree at all. In hindsight its clear to me we were incredibly poorly coached by a guy that had "done it all" 4 years ago.

I think if the NZRU get the selection process right for the next coaching setup things could be back to normal again within a year or two once they get rid of some of the dead weight Hansen and co have selected. (im looking mainly at the likes of TJ peranara, Mounga, Jordie Barrett, angus ta avao, ota tu ongafasi, atu moli, Patrick tuipolotu and maybe Nepo laulala who im not sure about)

I think Jordie could be a great AB like his brother one day but he needs a year or two out of the team to stop making basic cock ups.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    I dont agree at all. In hindsight.
    Harsh man. But I don't entirely disagree as there is some deadwood there and one of the worst you haven't mentioned is standing down.

The International bar is so high now just look at what Japan has achieved in short order. If it proves one thing its that a bunch of disparate rugby journeymen can beat the best on their day.

Time I think for the NZRFU to relax the overseas player AB non selection rule.

Thread Information