Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being seen. Why is black the favoured colour for motorcyclists?

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    That's illogical cap'n.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    i buy whatever is best fit on special... usually ends up white... no-one wants white leathers, but $2500 white leathers for $750... can't complain

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Black is the favoured colour because motorcyclists are inherently a very conservative bunch.

The majority of us are still tooling around on what is essentially 100 year old technology in chain drive and sliding forks etc.Funny front ends and complex drives are shunned on the showroom floor like the runt of the litter because we don't want a bar of it.

But we're old and crusty and maybe a new E-Bike riding generation will demand to be dressed like some Ziggy Stardust wannabe...or even worse a boogielicious disco diva.

I'll stick to black.

The reason I wear black is pretty simple - a few days ago my wife was given a light coloured leather jacket...it was suggested that I might like it. Her response was ''He'll just get it filthy.'' We have been together over 40 years, but a few months ago she committed a cardinal sin - washed my cutoff DJ. When my gear gets that shiny look, I know it's almost perfect.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Thread Information