Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyre pressre guage

Bike
    Kawasaki Z650

Tyre pressre guage

There are a few posts on this topic, but a bit old and technolgy moves on. So, I'm on the look-our for a reliable, accurate, compact digital pressure gauge -can anyone offer me suggestions please?

PLUS - this could be another thread but - has anyone used those bluetooth pressure caps and if so, please can you recommend a brand (or not).

Thanks all.

Bike
    A
    https://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/style/oxdiggau.aspx

This is what I've been using for a while now.

As for bluetooth pressure sensor caps, keep in mind you'll have to remove them to top up air in tyre, as in weekly. So I don't bother with them.
    The sensor inside the rim would be ok, just expensive as they're normally on pricey bikes.

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    I have several digital pressure gauges repco/super cheap type . At pressures I run 30 - 40 psi they all read the same I have checked these against a "calibrated" PCL professional gauge and all read the same.
    I think the key is to get a gauge you are happy with and use it constantly.

I have the Garmin TPMS caps that bluetooth to my GPS bloody expensive but easy to check pressures before every ride at the push of a button. I have had 2 punctures that they have alerted me too meaning I stopped riding on the tyre much earlier that I would if waiting for bike to start squirming . This has meant I have been able to repair both tyres and no sidewall or other damage has occurred.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Do you need a Garmin GPS to get readings from their TPMS caps? Or will they also work with phone apps?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    AliExpress. Probably buy the same thing here and pay 3 times as much. Don't be in a hurry though, as shipping is usually slow.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3294...chweb201603_52
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Do you need a Garmin GPS to get readings from their TPMS caps? Or will they also work with phone apps?

I think you need a compatable garmin GPS.
    There may be somebody who can make them talk to your phone.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    AliExpress. Probably buy the same thing here and pay 3 times as much. Don't be in a hurry though, as shipping is usually slow
    Three times as much? Those things were in one of the local bike shops advertised at $90.00. They are all over the ‘Net at $10 or $15. Identical.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    AliExpress. Probably buy the same thing here and pay 3 times as much. Don't be in a hurry though, as shipping is usually slow.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3294...chweb201603_52
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Three times as much? Those things were in one of the local bike shops advertised at $90.00. They are all over the ‘Net at $10 or $15. Identical.
    I've had the same unit and they are a handy little device.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've seen them on EvilBay for $1.70US, or 3 delivered . Cheap nasty shite but if it has a digital display it must be more accuratertm. (Sarcasm mode)

I have one, I was given , must check how accurate it actually is. I just bought a supposed calibrated one off Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/TireTek-Premi...omotive&sr=1-1

I mean it claims to be calibrated so hopefully it is. Checked against my old gauge there is 10% difference, but I suspect my old gauge. Swivel head and pressure bleed button make new one easy to use.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    The free digital gauge from the Ride Forever course reads exactly the same as the $30 gauge I bought from Repco some years ago. Plus it's small enough to fit between the front discs, and with a LCD display is easy to read in sunlight.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    If you want to push the boat out a bit Ryobi make an air compressor which can read in PSI, KPA or Bar (It uses their 18V portable battery). I've tested it against my hand held tyre pressure gauges and it seems to be pretty accurate (Within 1-2 psi) so I've been using that. It makes the job somewhat easier and it has various fittings too so you can blow up air beds, footballs etc.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    On a previous KB go round AccuGauge were recommended so I bought one of those.

Bike shops who support racers and tyre fitting shops (Beaurepaires etc) are supposed to have their gauges calibrated. Ask to check yours against theirs. I'd trust the former rather more than the latter. When I checked mine it read one lb light so I treat that as gospel.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Kawasaki Z650
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    The free digital gauge from the Ride Forever course reads exactly the same as the $30 gauge I bought from Repco some years ago. Plus it's small enough to fit between the front discs, and with a LCD display is easy to read in sunlight.

What free digital gauge? I didn't get one - was I supposed to? I did the course just last month.

Bike
    It was on the good
    You can take the man out of Yorkshire .......

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshirekid View Post
    What free digital gauge? I didn't get one - was I supposed to? I did the course just last month.
    Ahh, but did you pass?

I think they have a limited number of trinkets. We have collectively done 5 courses and received 2 polishing cloths (nice bit of twill) and 2 tread depth coin, gauge, bulls eye thingies (nice for scratching the head stock).

Maybe that's what the cloths are for..
    Manopausal.

Thread Information