Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wayne Rainey rides again, 26 years after the accident

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Still polishing the gear changing but it's great.

Out of interest, I'd be interested in whatever stories you have of various adaptations people have made to their bikes arising from necessity.

You got much?
    Had a ride out to LR and back yesterday, first chance to ride on the open road with and what a difference. One set of corners in particular had me having to either short shift or hold the gear longer than preferred due to not being properly able to back of the throttle to upshift during the left to right transition. Now with the QS that's no longer an issue.

I've not personally met anyone riding with a disability, although I've helped a few see there is still hope. Check this site out, I've not needed their help but they are right on top of assisting disabled riders return to motorcycling.

http://www.nabd.org.uk/adaptations/

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Had a ride out to LR and back yesterday, first chance to ride on the open road with and what a difference. One set of corners in particular had me having to either short shift or hold the gear longer than preferred due to not being properly able to back of the throttle to upshift during the left to right transition. Now with the QS that's no longer an issue.

I've not personally met anyone riding with a disability, although I've helped a few see there is still hope. Check this site out, I've not needed their help but they are right on top of assisting disabled riders return to motorcycling.

http://www.nabd.org.uk/adaptations/
    Just for the record, that wheelie back in 2006 is still one of my favorite motorcycle moments.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Just for the record, that wheelie back in 2006 is still one of my favorite motorcycle moments.
    Just doing my bit, you know, better work stories 'n all that.

Thread Information