Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who ruined kiwibiker?

Bike
    Between bikes
    It's ruined? Blast.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Farcebook killed kb, and many, many forums like this one. Anything good on FB just scrolls into oblivion - not a fan.

Bike
    I have a feeling old school forums might stage a comeback. I mean, I'm back here aint I?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanut View Post
    I have a feeling old school forums might stage a comeback. I mean, I'm back here aint I?
    Indeed. It's counter intuitive that social media, which promises connected-ness, has done so much to disconnect people from their existing networks.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanut View Post
    This was a fun place in the early years, lots of interesting bike conversations and some hard arse piss-taking humour on the side.

I detest all things facebook and social media and hopefully the old fashioned forums will come back in popularity.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    This was a fun place in the early years, lots of interesting bike conversations and some hard arse piss-taking humour on the side.

I detest all things facebook and social media and hopefully the old fashioned forums will come back in popularity.
    Because you are interested in piss taking, our algorythyms suggested this link for you,...
    https://www.vice.com/en_nz/article/b...about-pee-play
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    motocompo
    I've never been a Facebook member & never will be.
    I'm aware what goes on from another family member. It's a bunch of people showing their best side in the sunshine. Brag book essentially.
    I don't trust myself not to call people on that & make myself very unpopular. Better to just stay away.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    It was anti-social media what done it.
    Good to see you still here Jim, because I noticed when you dropped off FB and I didn't see your words of wisdom there any more.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I'm aware what goes on from another family member. It's a bunch of people showing their best side in the sunshine. Brag book essentially.
    I don't trust myself not to call people on that & make myself very unpopular. Better to just stay away.
    It started off well Bob, but once Zuckerburg and his mates saw the money from advertising and they got greedy it was doomed, and the way it is structured now it is killing it and they'll have to think of another way to make money eventually.

To go out for dinner and see a table of young people together, but not talking to each other, but stuck on their phones telling everyone else they know what a great time they are having is just beyond silly.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    motocompo
    They're too busy telling the world that they are having a great time to actually have a great time.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    One of the best aspects of KB was that someone would post a ride, and anyone who was interested could come along and meet some people.

Now things are arranged in private on 'social' media, so the opportunity for people who don't already know those involved to join in and be social is much less.

Oh the irony.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    One of the best aspects of KB was that someone would post a ride, and anyone who was interested could come along and meet some people.

Now things are arranged in private on 'social' media, so the opportunity for people who don't already know those involved to join in and be social is much less.

Oh the irony.
    Isn't the current position a positive thing? I remember the acrimony which seemed to follow a few KB group rides where some twat would put others at risk by their behaviour. Rose-tinted glasses and all that Jazz!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    driving back up on Friday to moore park
    Looking at heading out to that myself, the last sidecar meet there was pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    It was anti-social media what done it.
    Holy shit it's fucking Lazarus risen from the dead
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Looking at heading out to that myself, the last sidecar meet there was pretty good
    last meeting that I was up there for was the NZs, we missed the supercup last year.
    hoping to head up again for the aussie attack next year as well

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    im on FB, great way to keep a eye on the kids but i have noticed they dont post much, i entertain myself by getting banned from the many local "news" groups, lots of people have no sense of humor .........this cost me a few days off one site.......Name:  download-3.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  5.8 KB

Thread Information