Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who ruined kiwibiker?

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    im on FB, great way to keep a eye on the kids but i have noticed they dont post much, i entertain myself by getting banned from the many local "news" groups, lots of people have no sense of humor .........this cost me a few days off one site.......Attachment 343643
    Nah, you just have to say suffering from Dunning-Kruger theory. A bit more subtle....

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Isn't the current position a positive thing? I remember the acrimony which seemed to follow a few KB group rides where some twat would put others at risk by their behaviour. Rose-tinted glasses and all that Jazz!
    That is true in some cases, and thankfully the recurring subject of group rides seems to have died a natural death.

In my experience that was the exception and those people were dealt with as required or politely invited not to bother turning up again, however there were a hell of a lot of people who made new friends thanks to an open invitation on KB.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So, it's not really who Ruined Kiwibiker. It is the same place with the same pitfalls but also the same advantage. It's more who Killed Kiwibiker. And that is more clear. I'm still a fan and come here every day. Maybe people will realise the platform is suitable again . Maybe they won't.

We all scoffed when Carver started a similar thread, probably prematurely about 10 years back.

The get togethers were good . The rides got huge and weren't the best idea.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    That is true in some cases, and thankfully the recurring subject of group rides seems to have died a natural death.

In my experience that was the exception and those people were dealt with as required or politely invited not to bother turning up again, however there were a hell of a lot of people who made new friends thanks to an open invitation on KB.
    Yep, through KB, some riders I've met have become cherished friends with wider interests than just motorcycles and their whole families have become friends too. In my case, first contact was through a shared interest in a particular bike, living in the same area etc, never group rides. It's great that KB has put people together though, whatever the initial reason.

Bike
    motocompo
    KB has grown up & found its own identity.
    All the posers took off to facebook, where posing & self promotion for the secretly insecure is the way.
    A lot of the shallow & easily offended left, because. . .the obvious.
    A bunch of tired sluts hoping to exchange some worn out pussy for something useful were also weeded out & the PM system often exposed just how worn out the pussy actually was.
    It left a group of mainly decent, straight shooting bike enthusiasts, and a few non riders that want to argue international politics that can be poked with a stick occasinally for some personal amusement.
    Its probably the best its ever been about now.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Been here well over 16 years myself and still check in but miss the events we used to have down here which included the group rides and the occasional lunches in Wellington. Some of the lunches had 15 or so attend, but it did all evaporate with the arrival of Facebook a few years later.

sidecar bob I miss too that the sidecar thread isn't as busy as it used to be too and even though I've never been a sidecar man myself that thread used to give me a lot of laughs.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    All the posers took off to facebook, where posing & self promotion for the secretly insecure is the way.
    A bunch of tired sluts hoping to exchange some worn out pussy for something useful were also weeded out & the PM system often exposed just how worn out the pussy actually was.
    It left a group of mainly decent, straight shooting bike enthusiasts, and a few non riders that want to argue international politics that can be poked with a stick occasinally for some personal amusement.
    there were sluts with worn out pussies? Why didnt I get any action? I'm a starter!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    there were sluts with worn out pussies? Why didnt I get any action? I'm a starter!
    Your standards probably wernt low enough.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    I still pop by but given I'm still coming back after a big crash (another op a week ago) I'm not riding so the passion isn't at the forefront.

Other projects take up a lot of my time.

I have a full on band again (mister unit) and restoring my Katana and staring at my Vertemati until my reconstructed ankle is good enough to kick it over again take up a lot of time. Yeah, Facebook eats a lot of time too.

But mostly I've taken to educating myself with mechanical and electronic engineering stuff so I can fix my bikes better and build guitar amps is taking time away from winding up people on KB.

Nice to see some familiar names when I log on every three or four days. I just don't feel the need to spout off like I used to. You've all heard it before anyway.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    I just don't feel the need to spout off like I used to. You've all heard it before anyway.
    Nothing like us mellowing as we age eh mate!
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    A fast one
    I only ever visited the site when I was on the shitter.

Currently doing that now.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    I guess Arsebook distracted a fair number, then t demise of WINJA, Indiana Jones, IdoIIdolIdyll etc took the fun out of the place.

Retard baiting is a lot harder these days too, some take the pip too easily...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    suzuki
    at least on a forum you can go to the relevant page for a particular discussion, facebook not so easy plus there's a whole lot of other drivel to contend with

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Facebook has filtered out the weeds and left us with a fairly straight thinking group.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    I only ever visited the site when I was on the shitter.

Currently doing that now.
    That too shall pass
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information