Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cult founder calls for ban on new mosques.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanut View Post

If you're brain dead enough to think I'm racist, attached is a photo of my ex wife.
    Sooooooo, what you're saying is she's single now?
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 12th November 2019 at 20:29.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Sooooooo, what you're saying is she's single now?
    Mate, you go right ahead. I wouldn't wish her personality on my worst enemy

Bike
    It was on the good
    It is a she then?

This day and age etc.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    They're doing the jobs that kiwis wont do, because they're paid so poorly for doing them, because of immigration reducing the value of labour.
    Nah. Immigration NZ are hot on immigrants being paid market rate. If the pay rate offered is not considered 'market rate' ie, what a Kiwi would be paid then they don't get their visa. Work permit people are not undercutting Kiwis at the actual wage rate. (There are of course a few who are fiddling the system ... working huge hours for a salary but if immigration gets a sniff of that ... it's 'Ton of Bricks' time.)

I refuse to believe having 30 truck drivers from thirdworldistan competing for a job I could fill in any way benefits me.
    If you have a Kiwi who has the skills and experience to fill the job, then that Kiwi must get it over any thirdworldistani. The employer must be able to show why no Kiwi applicants are suitable. Edspecially for the lower-skilled jobs.

The perception is that we have thrown our doors open but in my brief time processing visa applications I saw that the bar is set pretty high. Problem is many work visa people can meet that bar. Many of them are also outright liars but that's for another thread.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Nah. Immigration NZ are hot on immigrants being paid market rate. If the pay rate offered is not considered 'market rate' ie, what a Kiwi would be paid then they don't get their visa. Work permit people are not undercutting Kiwis at the actual wage rate. (There are of course a few who are fiddling the system ... working huge hours for a salary but if immigration gets a sniff of that ... it's 'Ton of Bricks' time.)

Thats bullshit.

I used to work in heavy construction or bridge building as a fitter welder.

Circa 2007 the company I used to work for in Napier hired around 10-15 fillipinos out of a total workforce of around 30 people.

How is it that worldwide qualified welders (these guys had been ALL OVER THE WORLD welding and were very experienced) with more experience than myself were getting 18 dollars an hr when apprentices were getting $19hr or $24-32 for qualified tradesmen or journeymen welders??

And thats not going into how the fillipinos were fiddling the system working for companies not on their visas afterhours....

Thats what actually happens end of story.

You can call that market rate or whatever you want but im telling you now its BULLSHIT ALL ROUND!!!

There is simply no way these companies would hire these people unless they thought they'd be able to get away with cheaper or slightly cheaper rates. the entire construction industry is based around the BIDDING FOR CONTRACTS. Whoever comes in with the lowest bid or best terms gets the work.

Thats how the real world works not the fairytales you are promoting above.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    Thats bullshit.

Circa 2007 the company I used to work for in Napier hired around 10-15 fillipinos out of a total workforce of around 30 people.

How is it that worldwide qualified welders (these guys had been ALL OVER THE WORLD welding and were very experienced) with more experience than myself were getting 18 dollars an hr when apprentices were getting $19hr or $24-32 for qualified tradesmen or journeymen welders??

You can call that market rate or whatever you want but im telling you now its BULLSHIT ALL ROUND!!!

There is simply no way these companies would hire these people unless they thought they'd be able to get away with cheaper or slightly cheaper rates. the entire construction industry is based around the BIDDING FOR CONTRACTS. Whoever comes in with the lowest bid or best terms gets the work.

Bollocks, immigration nz specify the salary
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Bollocks, immigration nz specify the salary
    Well thats what they were getting paid. What's to say immigration NZ dont agree with the rate at 18hr? Even if it is an apprentices rate.

I think the dollar difference might of been the company paying airfares for them to get over here or something like that consultant fees etc.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Well thats what they were getting paid. What's to say immigration NZ dont agree with the rate at 18hr? Even if it is an apprentices rate.

I think the dollar difference might of been the company paying airfares for them to get over here or something like that consultant fees etc.
    You gonna backtrack any more, or are you done?
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    You gonna backtrack any more, or are you done?
    What did I backtrack on?

I saw this with my own fuckin eyes. Saw their timesheets with hourly rate and everything.

Bike
    Thats bullshit.

And thats not going into how the fillipinos were fiddling the system working for companies not on their visas afterhours....

You quote 2007. My experience with Immigration NZ ended a month ago. What you said may have been true 12 years ago but not now. One of the many checks they do is the employment agreement the person has been offered against the market rate using a variety of tools. If the rate offered in the employment agreement is not what the market check shows ... no visa. Simple as that. EG, if a Kiwi hammer hand would expect $22, that's what the person applying for the work permit must get. No fairy tale!

Next year it's going to get even tougher with employer accreditation coming in. Employers must be accredited, meeting stringent standards in all sorts of stuff like quality of the emplyment agreement through to their own financial strength. Without accreditation they will not be able to hire migrants.

Bike
    aprilia
    You quote 2007. My experience with Immigration NZ ended a month ago. What you said may have been true 12 years ago but not now. One of the many checks they do is the employment agreement the person has been offered against the market rate using a variety of tools. If the rate offered in the employment agreement is not what the market check shows ... no visa. Simple as that. EG, if a Kiwi hammer hand would expect $22, that's what the person applying for the work permit must get. No fairy tale!

Next year it's going to get even tougher with employer accreditation coming in. Employers must be accredited, meeting stringent standards in all sorts of stuff like quality of the emplyment agreement through to their own financial strength. Without accreditation they will not be able to hire migrants.
    Ok thats fine. But im sure they still get around these things in some way or another. We are talking about bosses/owners that are usually either ex fletchers or other major constructions companies like that. These guys know all the tricks and arent silly. I bet they've thought up plenty of ways of getting around what you are saying above. Or have become adept at pretending to.

So what about the ones that do get in and then work for other workplaces afterhours getting cashies?

Fillipinos in particular are bad for this sort of thing because most of them are married and have families and most if not all the money they dont need to live here gets sent back home to support their families. None of them are going to turn down backhanders if they can get away with it. + They network so once they find an employer willing to bend the rules they are there like flies on shit.

Its simply impossible that they could stop all the rorting going on.

### Hello, I googled for 2seconds and the first thing that came up....

"Earlier this year a secret recording was made of Northland transport company boss Stan Semenoff repeatedly threatening to send his Filipino drivers home, banging the table and calling some of them arseholes and mongrels to emphasise the consequences if they didn't speak English, were caught speeding, or tried to find a job elsewhere."

"At the end of April there were 22,593 Filipinos here on work visas, and they are highly represented in the construction and dairy industries."

"We're getting businesses coming to us after realizing their temp worker gets paid $18 to $20 an hour while they are paying $35 to $47 an hour [to a labour hire company]."

And thats all in a lefty stuff article about the migrants getting ripped off by employers....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/113...igrant-workers

And: Migrant workers make upto 15% of nz's workforce??

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2019/09/2...-exploitation/

"There will be a simplified system of employing workers from overseas. Essentially there will be two categories. One for those earning above the median wage of $25 an hour ($52,000 a year) and one for those earning less. Those earning less will need a labour market test like now. But that test won’t be required for higher paid jobs outside the main cities."

And I dont agree with what that last article says at the end. 15% of the workforce imported in is far to high imo and thats the crux of the problem.

Bike

If you have a Kiwi who has the skills and experience to fill the job, then that Kiwi must get it over any thirdworldistani. The employer must be able to show why no Kiwi applicants are suitable. Edspecially for the lower-skilled jobs.

The perception is that we have thrown our doors open but in my brief time processing visa applications I saw that the bar is set pretty high. Problem is many work visa people can meet that bar. Many of them are also outright liars but that's for another thread.
    The market rate is defined by the size of the labour force. If there's more workers, there's less competition to hire them, and lower wages. I doubt very much that there is much oversight on whether or not kiwis are put first in job applications.

A moderate shortage of workers is good for the workers.

I don't have a problem with immigrants, good for them, but look at UBER, it's unsustainable for immigrants and kiwis alike, because it's flooded with desperate people willing to sit around at basically $5 an hour.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I’ve been involved with immigration and a ‘ immigration consultant’ recently. All very vague and it’s no surprise their forms have grey sections.
    The Consultant was proposing a scheme that did not sound like it favoured employing locals. I declined to proceed.

Bike
    Ok thats fine. But I'm sure they still get around these things in some way or another.
    Yep. Most common is 'wage recycling' where they are paid say $900 a week. Wage rate looks fine, tax is paid, bank account reflects that pay is happening. But then what happens is the employee pays some of it back to the owner (say $300) in cash which is 'untraceable'. Often, the 'victim' is accepting of this because it is the way things are done in their culture and they know that when they have been here long enough and get their family in, they will set up their own business and do exacty the same the same thing to the next lot of their countrymen who want to come in. (Why do you think so many liquor shops are run by one particular nationality?) When you hear in the news of immigrants complaining they are victims of this sort of rort, it's because MBIE have discovered it first so the 'victim' has no option but to complain, because not to do so shows they are complicit in it.

The other way is to buy a job. I'll pay you $25000 for a job offer then work for you for 3 years.

The very last visa application I handled before I left was pretty much like that where both the employer and employee had warning notes on their files, the employer for 'selling' jobs and the employee for wage recycling.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I’ve been involved with immigration and a ‘ immigration consultant’ recently. All very vague and it’s no surprise their forms have grey sections.
    The Consultant was proposing a scheme that did not sound like it favoured employing locals. I declined to proceed.
    Not surprising. Their whole business is based on not employing locals.

Thread Information