Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Zealand Defense Force Shame

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    NZ doesn't elect Prime Ministers, we never have.
    "The current bunch of clowns" were chosen the same way as the last bunch were. The exact same process was followed
    100% correct - we don't even elect the government - the voters give the elected politicians the right to "form" a government of "their" choosing! - Crazy MMP system!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Crazy MMP system!
    I love MMP, can't understand why there are still people who haven't got the idea. First past the post was only barely democratic. The politicians only increased the number of MPs to 120 because they knew everybody hated MPs and they were hoping that would be enough to make people vote to retain FPP. Too many people were too smart for them though, you can't fool all the people all the time...

Anyhoo, now that the dust has settled I'd like to see the number of MPs cuts back somewhat.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I love MMP, can't understand why there are still people who haven't got the idea. First past the post was only barely democratic. The politicians only increased the number of MPs to 120 because they knew everybody hated MPs and they were hoping that would be enough to make people vote to retain FPP. Too many people were too smart for them though, you can't fool all the people all the time...

Anyhoo, now that the dust has settled I'd like to see the number of MPs cuts back somewhat.

No move to Australias system of people actually elected by the people for each region. No list mp's.

List mp's have GOT to go at an absolute bare minimum.

Bike
    Sold

MMP makes the politicians focus their loyalty upon each other rather than to the electorate - I.E. voters! . We jumped out of the frying pan into the fire with MMP.

STV? - inclines to hold the politicians more loyal and accountable to the voters - a bit more to think about but given as much time as MMP it would be ironing out any problems by now.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post

STV? - inclines to hold the politicians more loyal and accountable to the voters -
    Fuck that! Australia get people elected with less than twenty votes total. Reference that idiot who punched the kid who egged him. I think it was nineteen votes.

'Yesterday I couldn't spell senator, now I are one.'
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Sold
    Fuck that! Australia get people elected with less than twenty votes total. Reference that idiot who punched the kid who egged him. I think it was nineteen votes.

'Yesterday I couldn't spell senator, now I are one.'
    And who finally sorted him out - the voters? - I would like to see the electorate try getting rid of an errant MMP politician - they just come back in on the list. - jobs for the boys!

Bike
    my little pony
    Even the Russian Ambassador is saying someone should be held to account for crimes committed by killing civilians by not clearing up our mess in the firing ranges. Pot, kettle...

Thread Information