Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: 2-stroke excel for ports, heads and pipes

  1. #16
    Join Date
    19th June 2011 - 00:29
    Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    216
    think I've got them all now Andreas, some extra 'IF's where needed, and some zero's way down out of sight instead of #NB's

    also added a printable page you can take into your shed where you can write down all the needed input-data on, so now it's 1.2 :


    excel : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.2.xlsm
    manual : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.2.docx

  2. #17
    Join Date
    17th September 2013 - 01:07
    Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    Location
    SWE
    Posts
    142
    That sounds VERY useful!

    Thanks again for sharing all this work in such unselfish manner.

    I will have a look at 1.2 later tonight. I hope...

  3. #18
    Join Date
    7th November 2011 - 01:38
    Bike
    CASAL K270
    Location
    braganca
    Posts
    18
    JanBros, did you forget to pay the server bill??? Or is it maybe just my Win7 running firefox browser thats not up to the task...
    Have noticed the program for some time ago, but was gonna give it a look this evening, but the link just returns "not found"

    By the way, having had my fair amount of goes at calculating sheets on excel, congratulations, and thanks man. Must have been a mammut task

    Edit: now working, keeping the post for the congratulations and thanks part. It΄s worth it

  4. #19
    Join Date
    25th October 2016 - 15:26
    Bike
    1990 Honda cr80
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1

    FOS Spreadsheet

    Says link not found can you help?


    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    My 2-stroke spreadsheet is ready (for now at least), so I'm throwing it on the net so everybody can use it.
    It contains pages for ports, the head and FOS pipe
    On the seperate ports pages (exhaust and transfer), it calculates the STA numbers (Specific Time.Area) of your ports and you can matcch them to the target's, determinned by the BMEP
    On the Head page, you can design your head and it calculates the MSV (Mean Squish Velocity) 100% accurtly with Blair
    On the FOS-pipe page, it calculates a Frits Overmars FOS pipe, and you can ad a Wobbly-duct , and you can add extra header/diffusor/baffle sections to the pipe.

    you are free to do with it what you want, as long as it is not for commercial use. If somebody has idea's to improve or add extra features, please share so we can all benefit.
    In the manual I've tried to explain how it works, please read it first before you ask questions.
    If somebody has any idea of how to print a portmap to correct size, please let me know, as I don't have a clue right now.


    excel : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.0.xlsm
    manual : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.0.docx

  5. #20
    Join Date
    19th June 2011 - 00:29
    Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    216
    I can not edit my opening post.
    you must use the links a couple post above yours ;-)

  6. #21
    Join Date
    18th April 2020 - 16:37
    Bike
    Rxz135
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    My 2-stroke spreadsheet is ready (for now at least), so I'm throwing it on the net so everybody can use it.
    It contains pages for ports, the head and FOS pipe
    On the seperate ports pages (exhaust and transfer), it calculates the STA numbers (Specific Time.Area) of your ports and you can matcch them to the target's, determinned by the BMEP
    On the Head page, you can design your head and it calculates the MSV (Mean Squish Velocity) 100% accurtly with Blair
    On the FOS-pipe page, it calculates a Frits Overmars FOS pipe, and you can ad a Wobbly-duct , and you can add extra header/diffusor/baffle sections to the pipe.

    you are free to do with it what you want, as long as it is not for commercial use. If somebody has idea's to improve or add extra features, please share so we can all benefit.
    In the manual I've tried to explain how it works, please read it first before you ask questions.
    If somebody has any idea of how to print a portmap to correct size, please let me know, as I don't have a clue right now.


    excel : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.0.xlsm
    manual : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.0.docx

    the download link does not work JanBros
    Send please jeffreyarteaga@gmail.com
    help grateful

  7. #22
    Join Date
    18th April 2020 - 16:37
    Bike
    Rxz135
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    2

    Not found link

    I appreciate uploading link again thanks

  8. #23
    Join Date
    19th June 2011 - 00:29
    Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    216
    read the entire topic, they are still working. not those in the first post though.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    4th December 2011 - 22:52
    Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    130
    The ones in post #18 still works.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    18th May 2007 - 20:23
    Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10,047
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    think I've got them all now Andreas, some extra 'IF's where needed, and some zero's way down out of sight instead of #NB's

    also added a printable page you can take into your shed where you can write down all the needed input-data on, so now it's 1.2 :


    excel : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.2.xlsm
    manual : http://users.telenet.be/jannemie/Jan...oke%201.2.docx
    This is really good work. Thanks.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    2nd July 2013 - 11:52
    Bike
    GPR150
    Location
    palmertson north
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    This is really good work. Thanks.
    hey tz . What did the port timing of your stort stroke bucket engine end up been .just building my one
    i'm over buckets

  12. #27
    Join Date
    18th May 2007 - 20:23
    Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10,047
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    hey tz . What did the port timing of your stort stroke bucket engine end up been .just building my one
    Shortened Suzuki crank to 48mm stroke and NSR250 54mm bore. Packed up the barrel to get transfers opening 116 deg ATDC and that positioned the exhaust opening at 80 deg ATDC without any additional porting required.

    The shorter 48mm stroke has the effect of increasing the blow down time area on the NSR cylinder that originally had a 54mm stroke. As the short stroke crank needs to turn a lot more degrees to get between Ex opening and Trans opening.

    We did this conversion with a basically stock Suzuki GP100. A little later closing on the Rotary valve (80 deg ATDC). Used the original Suzuki GP carb and inlet tract. Honda RS125 NF4 pipe. Made a strong 25 RWHP. With another engine (my EFI bike) and a lot more work (and much more crankcase volume) we have managed a good 30 RWHP.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    2nd July 2013 - 11:52
    Bike
    GPR150
    Location
    palmertson north
    Posts
    2,374
    Thanks for that . Mines even shorter stroke again but good to see ratio difference From standard Nsr to yours . Just need to find that now
    i'm over buckets

  14. #29
    Join Date
    18th May 2007 - 20:23
    Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10,047
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    Thanks for that . Mines even shorter stroke again but good to see ratio difference From standard Nsr to yours . Just need to find that now
    Suzuki GP125 Bore 56mm stroke 50mm ratio 1.12: 1. RGV250 twins were the same bore 56mm stroke 50mm. It was popular at the time.

    NSR MC21 Bore 54 stroke 54 Ratio 1:1

    De stroked Suzuki GP with NSR cylinder Bore 54mm stroke 48mm ratio 1.12:1

    So these hybrid 110cc engines have the same bore/stroke ratio as the original Suzuki GP's. Which proved to be not ideal but has worked well enough.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    27th April 2020 - 20:37
    Bike
    1990 Honda MBX 50
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2
    JanBros

    On the FOSpipe page, if I click to remove the Wobbly Duct selection from the 3-stage diffuser, the tuned length reduces a lot. Is it because I have updated all engine details?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •