Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Mildly interesting play during the pre-event press conference. Steve asked the invited riders to list their top 5 for the championship.
    Only Rins and MarquezM put themselves #1 (or did MV#12 as well? I forget. LOL Old age....).
    Does that mean that the others have written themselves off before they even start?
    Pol has no realistic chance, so OK.
    But Fabio has a realistic chance, so does Vale. Miller? Well, maybe not, so OK too.
    Dovi was not invited, but all the riders put him in the top 5, and some in top 3.
    As I say, mildly interesting.
    I'd have thought Mav would be all up in there.
    Rins backs himself big time, he not afraid of any Marquez voodoo.

Predictions for this weekend?
    Farq knows!

Heats going to play a big part so I think the rookies will suffer, only thing I'd bet on with Binder finishing ahead of Alex M on debut.
    Lets see who kept up their training properly over lockdown and who's out of shape.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Got the remote last night (mum went to bed !!) flicked over to Sky ch 58 and watched some practice.
    Nice seeing the bikes again ,spending the time getting used to the new paint jobs and leathers.

Nice to see the sunshine at Jerez, as opposed to our winter... Yamaha ..... go !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I see we are getting full coverage of the e-bikes with motogp video pass.

T'will be the first time I've seen them.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Just as we seemed to be getting up and running Barcelona has gone back into lockdown. Barcelona is Dorna HQ and most Spanish riders come from the area. Moto journalists are expressing concern lest that kill the remainder of the season.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2001 zx9
    I'm so looking forward to watching the race tomorrow night, but looking at the virus numbers from around the world i've been worried the race may of been canned last minute... it might have been a pretty expensive video pass we bought earlier this year... Fingers crossed we get some sort of season - I want to see Jack give it a decent shot.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Just as we seemed to be getting up and running Barcelona has gone back into lockdown. Barcelona is Dorna HQ and most Spanish riders come from the area. Moto journalists are expressing concern lest that kill the remainder of the season.
    Say it aint so!

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    there are no spectators at the circuit and i see everyone is wearing masks and some have visors.I canned sky earlier in the year.I might just go for the monthly pass

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This is the latest on the situation in the area around Barcelona. Jerez is south of there and the circus is going to be there for another week. The question would seem to be where do they go after that? It'll only be two weeks until the Czech GP, it might be better to go there than back to Barcelona.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53458426
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Its been awesome to finally watch GP bikes going hard again thru all the FP and Q1 & Q2 sessions

Rins out cause of his crash with a shoulder injury

Fabio shows them again how to go fastest in qualifying , hope the gear shifter stays on this time...

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Wow.

Did you see that?

OMG.

Wow.

Wow.

Oh fuck.

Well done Fab. Looks like MM won't be stuffing up plans for more wins for the next few races.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Yeah alot happened .....ouch ! Busted Humerus ..

Well done Fabio

Moto3 rocked as usual.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Anybody who didn't think that was action packed would be hard to please.

It was pointed out before the season started that anybody injured would be in trouble because of the condensed nature of proceedings. Sadly several are affected already.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Epic race, what a ride by that freak, he proved he sadly is still human though... He's his own worst enemy. Here's hoping he's able to ride again soon as I don't want the reason he loses a championship to be due to injury, I want the young guns to ruffle his feathers throughout and beat him fair n square. That's racing though and he must have known the risks he was taking.

Talking points - Maverick going for soft front, in my eyes that Yamaha needs all its braking stability it can get as its their only defense against the big gun bikes that park it on the apex every corner. Fabios moves were all under brakes after getting a good exit so I think Mav was lucky to not have a Ducati or 2 push him harder at the beginning. Great ride regardless.

The KTM's- Holy shit what a step they have made in a past year. Pol was all up in their business and Binder would have been there too if he'd not made whatever mistake he had made we didn't see. He's already showing some serious pace way faster that I thought he would, KTM are in good hands. Honda will regret sending Dani their way when the KTMs all finish ahead of their Sat bikes and at least one Repsol. If I wasn't balls deep in renovations right now I'd chuck a cheeky $10 on BB and Pol for a Podium next week.

Ducati - I found it very interesting that Gigi was with Miller rather than at parc ferme at the end of the race, it's pretty clear to me where Ducatis future lies now; Peco and Jack. Impressive step up from Peco too considering he wasn't too great last yea, Dovi better seal that contract quick. Good result for Dovi considering his collarbone but a bit boring again, waiting all race to put the hammer down won't get him wins anymore like it did a few years ago as the tyres aren't as hard wearing.

Sad to see no fans to help fuel Fabios emotions at the end, absolutely flawless ride from him short of letting a Ducati or 2 through on him at the start. I'd say he had some left in the tank for sure, such a genuine kid and clearly has the ability to ride on the ragged edge comfortably without having massive moments every few seconds. I'd say he's got his riding style bang on for that bike.

Only one week to wait too, how cool!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I havent seen the race but was going to Yarrrrr me hearties tonight. Then I open Instagram and MM is on there in a sling/cast so I had to come here for a look. Dang.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I havent seen the race but was going to Yarrrrr me hearties tonight. Then I open Instagram and MM is on there in a sling/cast so I had to come here for a look. Dang.
    Yeah, I watched the first two races last night, watched the GP this morning. Was careful to avoid social media prior. Dramatic stuff.

Thread Information