Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Had a YouTube and there's a vid up on Sansone000 channel that paints a very clear picture of what happened from a chase view.

Zarco is a lunatic

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Had a YouTube and there's a vid up on Sansone000 channel that paints a very clear picture of what happened from a chase view.

Zarco is a lunatic

Yeah even Miller said he'd thought about passing there before but realised the potential consequence from it.

Oh and did anyone else see MO's reaction to Pol taking him out? He was smashing shit up in his pitbox.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Yeah even Miller said he'd thought about passing there before but realised the potential consequence from it.

Oh and did anyone else see MO's reaction to Pol taking him out? He was smashing shit up in his pitbox.
    Yeah don't blame him, the guys had a real shit run since Zarco (surprise surprise) fucked him up last year. He's equally as talented as Binder IMO so it must be a real piss off to not be able to show it. Looking forward to him an BB battling for wins next year in factory colours.

Equal shame for Pol but he's showing some chinks in his armour that the other guys at that level don't have, can't be running off line and gassing it up without checking to see if its clear. The one with Zarco was more on Zarco to not block his line but this one he was on the kerb and gave it a wrist full while MO was running in hot. Not good. He'll get a win before the years out IF he can calm down a bit on track, its a bit ironic that he's leaving KTM for what is possibly an inferior bike next year, can't be good for his temperament.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I think Dovi had a point to prove!!!

For the rest Bloody HELL!!!

Here I am in the garage getting ready for the season but I Seriously questioned again if I should be out there??

I say again Bloody Hell!! Scary as shit!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motogp 1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	498.5 KB 
ID:	346786

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motogp 2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	561.5 KB 
ID:	346787
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Damn I spoke too soon. One of the scariest crashes I've seen in MotoGP.
    Yep. Agreed. That was a serious fucking crash. VR and MV had some odds there that make winning the lotto a bloody sure thing. After HS crash in Moto2, who would have thought it would be upstaged in MotoGP. How Rossi came out and rode that restarted race like he did is testament to the man. VR46...the GOAT.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I'd be happy to not watch that crash ever again in my life. I almost closed my eyes.

Hard to say whether Zarco is at fault at all, I'd say he's entered too shallow in the left hand kink and suddenly appeared in front of Franco who was on the limit braking.

I've often said there is nothing more dangerous than someone changing line in a braking zone and that's exactly what this track layout promotes with that left kink sharp right hander in such close proximity. The question is whether Zarco should have done the overtake so late? As per the rules no but its certainly an on the limit move to make as it brings you so shallow for the right hander and across the braking zone. One of the riders said (think it was Jack) "I've thought about a move there" so I'm thinking most guys wouldn't want to enter that left hander that shallow on a motogp bike so would roll out and have a crack into the corner on the brakes.

Either way it shows how dangerous that track layout is with the speeds these guys are doing, without Red Bull being in its name it wouldn't be on the calendar. I'm just happy that the crash didn't cost any lives as there would be no surviving that if it had hit Rossi or Maverick.

Dovi doing as Dovi does again, wonder if Jack had more medium front tyres available if he'd have been able to give the old dog more of a run, good ride by all.

Yes, I expect that we will either see a revised track layout or a dropping from the calendar for next year. Going to be some rattled nerves racing there again next round...

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701

Zarco is a lunatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP0YE3cdXzU

This one.

Fucking hell.

Any lesser human would be huddled in a corner rocking and sucking their thumb, not taking a breather and going back out there.

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    I'm surprised Dovi didn't get a jump start penalty in the first start! He clearly moved before the lights were out. Check it out if you are able, even if just to check whether I'm going (more) nuts. I have nothing against any rider, I think they're all heroes. But the result might well have been different if Dovi got a penalty; he wouldn't have been on pole for the restart. That crash and carnage was proper scary though eh?
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by manxkiwi View Post
    I'm surprised Dovi didn't get a jump start penalty in the first start! He clearly moved before the lights were out. Check it out if you are able, even if just to check whether I'm going (more) nuts. I have nothing against any rider, I think they're all heroes. But the result might well have been different if Dovi got a penalty; he wouldn't have been on pole for the restart. That crash and carnage was proper scary though eh?
    By joves I think you are dead right!! I just had another look at it and while it is tough to see both him and the lights directly, using my cat-like peripheral vision, it looks very much like he jumped.
    Surely though, he would have been caught by the system.
    But recall, they had had some issues with the timing system during the weekend.

But also very interesting and cool, is the shot from Jackass's bike just as he prepares for the start. He reaches over and turns the launch device switch and the rear of the bike just sinks down maybe 50-100 mm. I can only think that it releases pressure out of the shock absorber somehow. I can't think of a mechanical mechanism that would be sufficiently strong to do that and still hold the bike up normally. How the pressure gets back in is key. Or maybe is operates a bypass valve to a remote pressurised storage tank or something? Because recall that they are not allowed electronic suspension in MotoGP. Maybe that is in the 'lunchbox' under the tailpiece?
    There are people who swear that they use it during the race too.

Tricky buggers.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    There are people who swear that they use it during the race too.

Tricky buggers.
    Fabio has just started using it in races, I think Miller has been as well.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    My next question: Zarcos bike was pretty much trashcan food. Frankies, not so much. So, will Zarco have two bikes for this weekend?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    My next question: Zarcos bike was pretty much trashcan food. Frankies, not so much. So, will Zarco have two bikes for this weekend?
    You are joking his Yamaha destroyed itself only good bit be engine .

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    You are joking his Yamaha destroyed itself only good bit be engine .

Maybe yamaha could see whats up with its valvetrain (?) if its engine was a bit ripped apart ? No need to ask for permission to open it if it is already

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Just watched the slow mo highlights and the start is shown with the lights in the same shot. It doesn't look like Dovi jumped on that one. The main footage had lights inset in the top corner, so perhaps there was a tiny mismatch in the timing of each feed?
    Interesting to see the holeshot device (also used on corner exit by Ducati) drops the back end. I'd have thought that's the opposite of what you would want? Back up, front down for starts, like in motocross. Clearly there's something technical going on that I know nothing about. On corner exits you'd have some downforce from the wings, but not at the start. Maybe someone can shed some light?
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Maybe yamaha could see whats up with its valvetrain (?) if its engine was a bit ripped apart ? No need to ask for permission to open it if it is already
    Aha .yes very true .what's those valve springs jamed in there lol.

Thread Information