Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Jaume Masia, the exact reason why, in NZ, we cannot re-enter the circuit after crashing.
    Fuck!!
    Yeah not good was it, i see they kicked him out of Q2

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Bugger me - Vinales leaping of his bike at 210k...another red flag.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Fuck, what a finish! Oliveira did a brilliant pass on the last corner - from 3rd to first..... is this moto GP or moto 3!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Gutted for Mir and Naka, dealt a bad hand with the restart. But rapt for Herve and Tech3, and of course Olivera. What a race. Yamaha need to be addressing some serious issues, lack of power and grip is something but when brakes start failing?

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Gutted for Mir and Naka, dealt a bad hand with the restart. But rapt for Herve and Tech3, and of course Olivera. What a race. Yamaha need to be addressing some serious issues, lack of power and grip is something but when brakes start failing?
    Alex said he saw bits coming off Mavs bike, Mav said they exploded

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94...ded-i-had-jump

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Autechs musings...

Just when MotoGP can't get exciting enough they biff a 12 lap sprint into the mix. Mental race. Mir dealt a very tough hand on the restart but is finally showing why he was so dominant in Moto3, pure class. That's why Suzuki snapped him up from moto2 so soon. Ditto Taka, rough to work that hard and miss the podium. Genuinely earning his seat though and good to see he's not just there due to the Japanese connection. Who'd have thunk that HRCs hopes would land on him on a year old bike... Puig not looking so clever now.

The only reason Olivera wasn't moto3 champion was the KTM wasn't all that good for the first half of that season when Danny Kent won, from memory the 2nd half of that season Olivera was just as dominant as they brought in a new chassis.
    Now he's fully fit after recovered from that shoulder injury courtesy of old mate Zarco he'll be rocking and rolling. Him and Binder next year will possibly be one of the strongest pairings on track. Binder looked out of control but pulled some awesome braking passes, his faith in the front end is mind blowing.

Great show by Pol and Miller, Miller looked gutted but I think Pol revelled in the battle, they left nothing in the tank cool to see the KTM have some serious strengths against Ducati in a battle.
    Millers line into turn 3 is bonkers now that Crutchlow pointed it out, so out of shape but seemed to do the job of blocking a braking move. I noticed he stopped doing it when he was trying to attack Pol so it was definitely tactical. That kind of race doesn't really suit Dovis style of tyre management, when the young guns are firing in quali lap after quali lap he just couldn't bring the fire as well. I'm picking him for title contender #1 though still as he's just too clever to throw away points like some of the others already have this year.

Will be interesting to see if Fabs and Yamaha can step up at Misano, wondering if the hot weather at Jerez gave us a false impression of his chances of the title. He's gone well there last year though so I think they'll be alright.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I felt so sorry for Mir. After last week, it is unbelievable that his team had not saved a set of tyres in case of a restart.

Congrats to Pol for his attitude at the end of the race.

Vinales ignored the advice from Brembo and fitted the standard callipers because he preferred the feel. Then despite a number of brake dramas during the race, he kept going until total failure.

And congrats to Tech 3 and Miguel!

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    This current season is feeding Boris and the MotoPG crew some good content. Bloody funny.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2001 zx9
    A very insightful and i believe technically accurate rundown on brake issues to be found amongst the comments by "jinx"
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/202....html#comments

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by jato View Post
    A very insightful and i believe technically accurate rundown on brake issues to be found amongst the comments by "jinx"
    Exactly. After just about having your head taken off by a flying MotoGP bike the week before, you're out there a week later with brakes that you have been told won't last the race?

Then when they do almost fail during the race, you just keep going?

And Yamaha let him run the bike like that, and race control do nothing afterwards?

I'd better stop there before making comments about passports and teams.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Very insightful, and logically accurate. That guy knows his roses.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Very insightful, and logically accurate. That guy knows his roses.
    That man is the polar opposite of the commenters on crash.com Knows some stuff that man, at a guess he's an aeronautical engineer going off his insights...

KTM, Aprilia and Ducati are all out on track at Misano with their test crews ahead of the double header nek week. Daunting for the likes of Yamaha and Honda who're clearly struggling that the most recent race winning bikes will have a chance to test the tyres and track. Not that they need it but I think this will be another leg up for the KTM riders to get another solid result, go team!

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Mavrick and Lyn both said that they didnt have brake issues the week before so didnt need to change for the 2nd week.

Interestingly Taka San didnt have brake ducts / shrouds ?
    Last edited by mulletman; 27th August 2020 at 15:23. Reason: Forgot to mention also

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Good resource. Hadn't seen that site before.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Good resource. Hadn't seen that site before.
    I'd rate Matt Oxley and David Emmet as the 2 top english speaking motogp journalists.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information