Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Mavrick and Lyn both said that they didnt have brake issues the week before so didnt need to change for the 2nd week.

Interestingly Taka San didnt have brake ducts / shrouds ?
    Did they forget about the red flag in the first race, which was much earlier than in the 2nd race? Or not notice the problems that Fabio was having?

There's an interesting article on the MotoGP website titled "Yamaha: Brake's chaos and the serious threat to engines". Poorly translated but still worth a read.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I'd rate Matt Oxley and David Emmet as the 2 top english speaking motogp journalists.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    The race analysis on Motomatters is now subscriber only but the comments on their own are well worth a read.

We are very lucky Matt Oxley is not behind a paywall.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Did they forget about the red flag in the first race, which was much earlier than in the 2nd race? Or not notice the problems that Fabio was having?

There's an interesting article on the MotoGP website titled "Yamaha: Brake's chaos and the serious threat to engines". Poorly translated but still worth a read.

Can only think Mav truely believed he hadnt an issue with HIS brakes considering the red flag ?? Yeah you'd think from the other Yamaha riders brake problems that Mav somehow thought 'he'll' be fine ?

Still it seems the Hondas didnt need extra cooling and every other bike out there had ducts...strange but good them !

Cheers for the article and yeah that translation.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    The race analysis on Motomatters is now subscriber only but the comments on their own are well worth a read.

We are very lucky Matt Oxley is not behind a paywall.
    Yeah I'd decided to subscribe this time round till this covid shit hit and I'm counting pennies and spending more locally. Very true about Matt Oxley, benefits of being part of a larger group I guess.
    Crash.net annoys me with all its tracker cookies etc but seems to be getting better, the commenters on that page are all trash though. There's a few others like Autosport etc that come up with something before the other chaps but mostly they're recycling the same news across them all.

I'm a bit of a new junky at the best of time so my morning ritual usually involes a check of motogp news articles then on to the NZ pages to see how fucked up the world is that day.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I'd rate Matt Oxley and David Emmet as the 2 top english speaking motogp journalists.
    They are both excellent but it's a source of sadness that Mr Emmett now charges for his content. I don't begrudge him the money but there are so many sites now want cash that the Internet could get expensive.

Mat Oxley posted on Twitter last night that he had interviewed Nakagami's crew chief Giacomo Guidotti and HRC tech director Takeo Yokoyama about Naka's new found speed. The Italian web site @Corsadimoto had printed the interviews in Italian and claimed them as their own work.

Oxley was offended, as you might expect, and the Internet expressed considerable disapproval to the Italians. Sadly that sort of thing is not unknown. There's the occasional complaint from a GP photographer who has lost money because someone has used his work without attribution or payment.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Thanks. Pleased to read that he realised he should have stopped. Quartararo also had problems with the new callipers.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    They are both excellent but it's a source of sadness that Mr Emmett now charges for his content. I don't begrudge him the money but there are so many sites now want cash that the Internet could get expensive.

Mat Oxley posted on Twitter last night that he had interviewed Nakagami's crew chief Giacomo Guidotti and HRC tech director Takeo Yokoyama about Naka's new found speed. The Italian web site @Corsadimoto had printed the interviews in Italian and claimed them as their own work.

Oxley was offended, as you might expect, and the Internet expressed considerable disapproval to the Italians. Sadly that sort of thing is not unknown. There's the occasional complaint from a GP photographer who has lost money because someone has used his work without attribution or payment.
    thats how Emmett makes his living,and i for one suscribe to his website

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Bet you won't see this on the MotoGP website!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12361140

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Bet you won't see this on the MotoGP website!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12361140
    Its ben circulatng around over at ADVrider last week , an aussie news site picked it up.

Not a blood relative so all good ?

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Its ben circulatng around over at ADVrider last week , an aussie news site picked it up.

Yeah but who will pay for the wedding?

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Why doesint tv one ever have MotoGP on sports segment .
    Only showed recent crash.but
    Never mention results .all over
    Boring F1

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Jorge Martin out of at least Misano 1 and 2 due to positive COVID test.

That is a bit of a bugger.
    MotoGP medical not aware of how he contracted it, and frankly they don't want to know, they said.
    He is asymptomatic at this stage.

That opens up Moto2 a bit.

Apparently a Rookies Cup rider also tested +ve.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It seems brakes are a problem again.

This from Mat Oxley this morning.

"Some riders saying the bumps are so bad it's dangerous - struggling to hold onto the bike and brake pads getting knocked back in the calipers, so no brakes at the next corner."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It seems brakes are a problem again.

This from Mat Oxley this morning.

"Some riders saying the bumps are so bad it's dangerous - struggling to hold onto the bike and brake pads getting knocked back in the calipers, so no brakes at the next corner."
    Yep, that is terrifying! My scariest moment on a race bike was from that. I put a 195 Dunlop on the ole superbike for the first time not realizing how much taller the tyre was than my usual. My bike was setup just on the twitchy, but just manageable zone in an effort to get it to turn in better. Hit the seal change on the first lap exiting higgins (manfield) just as I snicked it into 3rd - all hell broke loose! Instant lock to lock violent tank slapper, I held the gas wide open in an attempt to get it under control, still tank slapping approaching redline, so had to go to 4th, then 5th before finally wrestling it under control in top of 5th! Sweeper was rapidly approaching, hit the front brake, no body home, pumped the fuckers back and went into the sweeper waaaaay fast - and just made it - WHEW. Think I' was cleaning the shit out of my leathers for weeks after that one - had way to much time to think about the consequences while that was all going on. Turns out it had been so violent it had snapped the steering dampener right off the frame - opps.

Thread Information