Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I think Rins could be interesting to watch in the coming season. The Suzuki has been getting faster and faster each season - and he did beat M Marquez in one race ... if Suzuki make more progress this season Rins could be a contender ... finished 4th overall in 2019.

Quatararo has a season's experience now - could be good to watch .. despite his battles with M Marquez this year he's in fifth - behind the Suzuki
    If Suzuki can make the bike fast over one lap then he will be there for sure, until they crack that code I don't see him being up there every single race and therefore out of contention against a Marquez who's bad days are 2nd place.

Joan Mir will eventually arrive too, one of the more talented guys to come through recently for sure and the guy I think most capable of giving MM a damn good run for him money on the same machinery if it ever comes about. This year was his learning year and next year I think we will see his gloves come off in a big way.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Just watched "After the flag"
    MM to go in for precautionary surgery tomorrow on his right shoulder.
    Left shoulder was the bad one they fixed now the right, after his last bad High side in Jerez?? and now another crash in testing.

BTW his brother Alex is going quite well.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Just watched "After the flag"
    MM to go in for precautionary surgery tomorrow on his right shoulder.
    Left shoulder was the bad one they fixed now the right, after his last bad High side in Jerez?? and now another crash in testing.

BTW his brother Alex is going quite well.

they said it was precautionary surgery to prevent another issue like with his left shoulder

Also, this..

"If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That was so cool. Back when bikes sounded like racebikes. Awesome.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker

MM Surgery update

Marquez undergoes successful surgery on right shoulder
    Reigning World Champion will be discharged from hospital in the next 48 hours to begin recovery.
    Tags , 2020, Marc Marquez, Repsol Honda Team
    With his most successful premier class season to date finished, eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez elected to undergo surgery at the Hospital Universitari Dexeus-Quiron today, November 27. The operation was performed by Dr. Xavier Mir, Dr. Victor Marlet and Dr. Teresa Marlet, all part of ICATME (the Catalan Institute of Traumatology and Sports Medicine).

After experiencing some discomfort with his right shoulder, and after his Monday crash at the Jerez Test, the Repsol Honda Team rider elected to have the operation as a preventative measure after medical consultation. The operation is similar to the one performed on his left shoulder at the end of 2018 but less aggressive in nature.

Marquez will be discharged within the next 48 hours. He will then begin his recovery and winter training in preparation for the Sepang Test at home in Cervera.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    If Suzuki can make the bike fast over one lap then he will be there for sure, until they crack that code I don't see him being up there every single race and therefore out of contention against a Marquez who's bad days are 2nd place.

Joan Mir will eventually arrive too, one of the more talented guys to come through recently for sure and the guy I think most capable of giving MM a damn good run for him money on the same machinery if it ever comes about. This year was his learning year and next year I think we will see his gloves come off in a big way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Vogt View Post
    Agree with you
    I did say "If Suzuki can .. "

Yes - I agree - and Suzuki are getting faster all the time ..

Only super gods like Rossi can move to a team (Yamaha) and make the bike fast the very first time out ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Suzuki need a top rider. Can you imagine what Marquez could have done on this year's bike?

My prediction - Mir will be consistently faster than Rins by mid season.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Suzuki need a top rider. Can you imagine what Marquez could have done on this year's bike?

My prediction - Mir will be consistently faster than Rins by mid season.
    About the same as Rins I think, the top speed deficit to the Honda and Ducati needs to be overcome before the Yams and Sookis can compete in a battle consistently. Even MM would struggle to overcome that I think. No way of truly knowing though. He's something else that is for sure.

Rins and Mir are both "Top riders", the only factory team in my view with two top level riders.

Yamaha have Rossi holding them back now (sad to see) and Vinales who has frequent performance blips. Fabio showed what that bike could do
    Ducati have Petrux who's too big to race at the pointy end sadly
    Aprilia have Iannone who only turns up to race at certain tracks
    KTM had Zarco who was bollocks on a difficult bike, but looking at their next years line up all 4 bikes have very talented riders on board. Its the bike holding them back not the riders.

MMs dominance will come to an end IF they can get under his skin and force him to ride the bike harder. I don't see that happening without the bikes being able to slipstream and pass him

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    About the same as Rins I think, the top speed deficit to the Honda and Ducati needs to be overcome before the Yams and Sookis can compete in a battle consistently. Even MM would struggle to overcome that I think. No way of truly knowing though. He's something else that is for sure.

Rins and Mir are both "Top riders", the only factory team in my view with two top level riders.

Yamaha have Rossi holding them back now (sad to see) and Vinales who has frequent performance blips. Fabio showed what that bike could do
    Ducati have Petrux who's too big to race at the pointy end sadly
    Aprilia have Iannone who only turns up to race at certain tracks
    KTM had Zarco who was bollocks on a difficult bike, but looking at their next years line up all 4 bikes have very talented riders on board. Its the bike holding them back not the riders.

MMs dominance will come to an end IF they can get under his skin and force him to ride the bike harder. I don't see that happening without the bikes being able to slipstream and pass him

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    dont agree ,I cant see anyone building a bike that is FASTER than the Honda.MM real riding strength i reckon is in two distinct places.
    He is amazing in the "trail brake zone", thats where he can seem to stuff it up the inside of anybody.
    He is extremely quick in the changes of direction.
    And he and his team are absolute masters in the strategies and in a one on one against any of the champoinship rivals he will take the risk to beat them to gain the points...
    and lastly he is so damn consistent. first or second for the whole season except once!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Um, so how do you explain Ducati every year other than this?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Um, so how do you explain Ducati every year other than this?
    well you said it "this year ".I dont see any one else making the step up to Honda and Ducati,and if they do i expect there to be a major step backward in the rideabaility level(as per Honda and Ducati).It is my opinion not a matter of fact

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So. . . You said Honda.
    But Ducati was faster every other year.

So now you say they are the same.

But no one could be faster than Honda,

. .

So, like . . . History. .

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So. . . You said Honda.
    But Ducati was faster every other year.

So now you say they are the same.

But no one could be faster than Honda,

. .

So, like . . . History. .
    Faster then the Honda.The honda is very nearly as fast as the Ducati THIS year.I dont think Honda will have a slower bike next year(2020) History is irelevant.In my opinion no one will make a bike that is faster (in a straight line) than the Honda in 2020

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Faster then the Honda.The honda is very nearly as fast as the Ducati THIS year.I dont think Honda will have a slower bike next year(2020) History is irelevant.In my opinion no one will make a bike that is faster (in a straight line) than the Honda in 2020
    Especially not an inline 4 engine.
    So MM will be able to take less risks in the braking zones and smoke the poor Yamaha/Suzuki IF they manage to get past him on a twisty section at the next straight just like he did this year. His real threat is in Ducati IF they can make it turn and IF they can get Miller on the 2nd factory bike.
    All the other factories wont be able to match him on his Honda in its current state of tune, they missed the bus on that one when it was down considerably in top speed to the Ducati and he was braking like a lunatic to keep up with them.

Zarco has signed for Avintia I see, bit shit of Dorna to arsehole Abraham but at least a more talented rider is taking the seat. Lets see if he can do better than Rabat, though guessing he'll be given much more support from Ducati so not a fair comparison.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The FIM has announced that Andrea Iannone has failed a drug test (anabolic steroids). From December 17 he is provisionally suspended until further notice.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information