Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Well done Suzuki !

A deserved 1st for Mir and a great wingman Rins taking 2nd , Pol did an awesome job for 3rd as well.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Well that settles that question then. Nice once Mir

I have a rather strong suspicion that we are entering a new era with Mir, just as the past 7 years have been MMs I think Mir is showing something new and different for us to sink our teeth into. Much excite

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Thought I'd do a quick forum search on Joan Mir to see when he came to our attention first as I remembered talking him up back when, came across this crystal ball post from myself as well as a cool article of some of the greats talking him up. Watching Crafar gush over the guy is pretty funny but he clearly thinks he's the embodiment of young talent. The 2nd coming etc. Maybe the anti Marquez???

https://www.motorsport.com/moto3/new...69856/3053951/

Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    In all the excitement we all forgot to talk about Moto3 and how fucking good that Joan Mir is. He's possibly the best we've seen in Moto3 since Jack Miller and Vinales I would think just going of his statistics, he'll make it to Motogp.
    Olivera is another good rider from Moto3 coming in hot, he made Danny Kent's title very difficult in '15 once the KTM got the chassis upgrade.

Big difference I think when you compare Mir to riders like Fenati or Kent is the time it took for him to get winning, if you look back at the aliens time you find they win a title within 2-3 years of racing 125/Moto3.
    Actually, a quick look through the notable names stats he did exactly what Rossi did, 2 full seasons to win a title. DP, MM, MV took 3 full seasons. Impressive in a field of young hungry riders with sharp elbows.

Wonder if he'll take to moto2 like a duck to a body of water and start winning straight away like the elder Marquez? IIRC Marquez was on pole on his first moto2 race before binning it? Wonder if anyone will take a bet this early on Mir starting from the front row in Qatar.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I was silently shouting and fist pumping at 2:45 this morning watching two Suzuki's cross the line in 1st and second for the first time in 38yrs. Fantastic result for the factory, team, riders and sponsors. What a season we have had so far.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Suzuki heeft Mir mmmmmmmm...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201109_130002.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	347676  

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Some people have been getting pretty hot under the collar. I am just trying to re-remind myself why stifling engine development at the highest level is a good idea?
    Basically to stop the biggest cheque book disappearing into the distance... the early part of this article puts it quite well i think https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...-did-it-happen
    Its been a pretty exciting season with so many in with a chance (until lately ) so you've got to say the general framework is pretty good.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I was silently shouting and fist pumping at 2:45 this morning watching two Suzuki's cross the line in 1st and second for the first time in 38yrs. Fantastic result for the factory, team, riders and sponsors. What a season we have had so far.
    Unfortunately a friend let me know the results before I had a chance to watch the race, but what a great season for Suzuki who could well win all 3 championships.

It's been a long wait.

Should be a competitive season next year if Yamaha and Ducati get their act together. Although Ducati probably just need to get Zarco on a factory bike.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That Moto3 race was incident packed. Don't see many black flags these days but that one was deserved, Race Direction didn't have a choice really.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post

Should be a competitive season next year if Yamaha and Ducati get their act together. Although Ducati probably just need to get Zarco on a factory bike.

Cant see Yamaha improving one bit with the engine freeze and the continuing valve issues they have , i think they're screwed...

Bike
    2008 R6
    Suzuki riders in 1st and 2nd (tied) in the championship with two races to go..... crazy.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Suzuki riders in 1st and 2nd (tied) in the championship with two races to go..... crazy.
    Tied in the championship? Mir is like 37 points in front of Rins.

Bike
    GSXR1000

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Damn....

Dovi is in no hurry for a ride next year either

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/11/10/...-for-2021.html

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Damn....

Dovi is in no hurry for a ride next year either

He needs to be careful. There was a report a while back (can't remember where) that Lorenzo's lap times ain't what they used to be. It may be that the riders lose their competitive edge if they take a break. What they are doing normally is pretty extreme, that edge is finely honed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information