Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I was thinking of the more immediately obvious one, "Who will get the other seat."
    Yes, but that assumes Rossi will retire which is not a given.

It could be a very interesting few months.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Be more interesting if they were racing.

How about off season 3 race series on marketed out damp paddocks with YZ85s, million euro prize winner takes all
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    So Quartararo will partner Vinales in 2021. No announcement about Rossi though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mat Oxley posted this but there's nothing new.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPdOcbKXsAEpdlE.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	344471  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Happy to see FQ in Yamaha next year, I do hope Rossi retires as even though he's fairly competitive still, he's lost some of that edge that the younger riders have.
    The last thing we need in a period of Rossi domination is someone taking a competitive seat that might be better suited to a younger, more hungry rider.

Every year the rider market seems to get more and more interesting now that all but one of the original the Aliens have vacated the building. Good shit

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Happy to see FQ in Yamaha next year, I do hope Rossi retires as even though he's fairly competitive still, he's lost some of that edge that the younger riders have.
    The last thing we need in a period of Rossi domination is someone taking a competitive seat that might be better suited to a younger, more hungry rider.

Every year the rider market seems to get more and more interesting now that all but one of the original the Aliens have vacated the building. Good shit
    You hear that a lot. But he has set lap records last year, ridden in spectacular form when the bike has been allowing, and seems to know the definition of hunger pretty damn well. I'm not a 'rossi-fan', I'm a MotoGP fan. And at the moment and for the foreseeable future I don't believe having him race is detrimental to the sport.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    You hear that a lot. But he has set lap records last year, ridden in spectacular form when the bike has been allowing, and seems to know the definition of hunger pretty damn well. I'm not a 'rossi-fan', I'm a MotoGP fan. And at the moment and for the foreseeable future I don't believe having him race is detrimental to the sport.
    He's definitely still got it, he's not trawling around at the back of the pack, but he's not quite able to make that final step to get into the fray at the front every race, mostly down to his qualifying.
    So while he's definitely not detrimental, I can't help wondering who's sitting in Moto2 waiting for a chance to fuck some shit up? Most of this comes down to the Yamaha though, its a horsepower shoot out with the current tyres and they just aren't giving their riders the tools to win races. If they can match Suzukis power maybe we will see him up there, but a Sunday rider like him needs to qualify further forward on that bike otherwise he'll continue to be held up by the Dukes in the top 10.

In saying that I can't think of a rider in Moto2 right now I'd take over Rossi, they've pretty well siphoned all the really exciting riders into Motogp over the past few years.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I whole heartedly agree with both you guys. But for the love of God please aprillia, do not bring back Bradley Smith.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I whole heartedly agree with both you guys. But for the love of God please aprillia, do not bring back Bradley Smith.
    I didn't see that one coming, but it's not impossible. Britain is a big TV market for MotoGP and there has already been concern expressed at the lack of British riders. There's still Crutchlow, but he's talking retirement which would leave nobody in the top class.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I didn't see that one coming, but it's not impossible. Britain is a big TV market for MotoGP and there has already been concern expressed at the lack of British riders. There's still Crutchlow, but he's talking retirement which would leave nobody in the top class.
    And no one in the lower classes actually any good from the UK that I can see... UK's best rider is in WSBK this year, Redding, he never got a good enough bike in Motogp to strut his stuff. Wonder if Ducati will move him to the factory team in Motogp next year if he does ok this year in WSBK? No doubt Dorna will be in their ear asking for it.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    He's definitely still got it, he's not trawling around at the back of the pack, but he's not quite able to make that final step to get into the fray at the front every race, mostly down to his qualifying.
    So while he's definitely not detrimental, I can't help wondering who's sitting in Moto2 waiting for a chance to fuck some shit up? Most of this comes down to the Yamaha though, its a horsepower shoot out with the current tyres and they just aren't giving their riders the tools to win races. If they can match Suzukis power maybe we will see him up there, but a Sunday rider like him needs to qualify further forward on that bike otherwise he'll continue to be held up by the Dukes in the top 10.

In saying that I can't think of a rider in Moto2 right now I'd take over Rossi, they've pretty well siphoned all the really exciting riders into Motogp over the past few years.
    Can't argue with much of that.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    This is pretty much on the money I reckon.

https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/ross...yNq3V4XXrk4YjI

Add this to the above and you have the best team out there Especially if MM is not 100%.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It is referred to in that Bike Me article, I’m not sure how much publicity it’s had, but Lorenzo has signed with Yamaha as a test rider.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    It is referred to in that Bike Me article, I’m not sure how much publicity it’s had, but Lorenzo has signed with Yamaha as a test rider.
    Yeah it's all over the usual facebook pages and groups, and widely viewed as an excellent decision by Yamaha.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I haven't seen any Boris stuff for ten or more years. Thought he was s bit of a dick. But that was funny and insightful.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information