Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Yeah it's all over the usual facebook pages and groups, and widely viewed as an excellent decision by Yamaha.
    Hopefully it's a sign that Yamaha are serious again. They have had a habit of taking their eye off the ball periodically. Previously they would have just the two factory spec bikes and wouldn't budge, Quarteraro though will have a factory spec bike this year. and now they've signed Lorenzo to test. Here's hoping the engineers have been as motivated.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Hopefully it's a sign that Yamaha are serious again. They have had a habit of taking their eye off the ball periodically. Previously they would have just the two factory spec bikes and wouldn't budge, Quarteraro though will have a factory spec bike this year. and now they've signed Lorenzo to test. Here's hoping the engineers have been as motivated.
    Yes ! Go yamaha ! Just hoping they have the HP they wanted ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    More news re Yamaha.

Viñales, Quartararo and Lorenzo have put pen to paper in January as the Iwata factory send down a gauntlet to their rivals
    Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team means business. With contracts for most riders ending at the end of the 2020 season, the rider market is bubbling with endless discussions about who is riding where beyond this season. But the Iwata factory have made a statement of intent: Maverick Viñales, Fabio Quartararo and Jorge Lorenzo have put pen to paper with the factory setup before February.

Secondly
    Yamaha has announced that Maverick Viñales will remain with the factory team until the end of the 2022 season, the Spaniard signing a two-year contract extension with his current team.

Thirdly
    2019 Rookie of the Year Fabio Quartararo will join Maverick Viñales at Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team in 2021 and 2022.

Any money left to run the bike LOL

So they have got Maverick Viñales, Fabio Quartararo, Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo
    Lets hope the actual bike is fast enough this year????
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I have a Two Wheels mag from late 90s headline How Simon Crafer saved GPs sitting on the kitchen table.

2020, how surgery saved Motogp . Unfortunately MM is too good. But hopefully little Bro can ride the Honda competitively and both Crutchy and Dovi get a shot in the arm so this season has some great racing.
    Miller can help here too improving bit by bit.

Ideally we want at least 3 brands of dynamically different bikes yet all still competitive ridden by aliens from different planets. That makes compelling racing.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

So they have got Maverick Viñales, Fabio Quartararo, Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo
    Lets hope the actual bike is fast enough this year????
    Franco isn't slow either, give him another season and we'll see. If he doesn't do it this year though he might be on the edge.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Franco isn't slow either, give him another season and we'll see. If he doesn't do it this year though he might be on the edge.
    Can't quite put my finger on it but franco doesn't quite get my heart racing.
    Happy to be proven wrong be there's something missing from him that doesn't scream alien.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    77 XL250
    The main issue with Franco is his team mate. Looked at in isolation, Morbids results are pretty good. 115 points and 10th place for the year should be seen as good for a rider new to the bike and a new team. Just that pesky Quasimodo making him (and many others) look pedestrian.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Lurking on the alien periphery we have Rins, too. Suzuki may make a bigger contribution this season.

We shall see, hopefully MM will have to work very hard this season.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Lurking on the alien periphery we have Rins, too. Suzuki may make a bigger contribution this season.

We shall see, hopefully MM will have to work very hard this season.
    And Mir ,he was right up there towards the end of the season

Bike
    Nowt any more
    I for one am hoping that Aprilia have made a big step with the new bike.
    Aleix is perhaps not as fast a rider as they really need, but if the bike is a good step closer, then he too will be a good step closer.
    But, it may take some time to dial the bike in properly.
    KTM will have made steps forward, but likely to be smaller, more incremental.
    It would be cool to see Asparagus P and Asparagus A racing together for like 4, 5, or 6th places and the odd 3, 4.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    https://motomatters.com/results/2020...est_day_2.html

Mainly the test riders but the new Aprilia is doing OK. Dani Pedrosa fastest on a KTM.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Iannone has hair evidence that might get him thru

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/02/05/...urve-ball.html

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Final results day 2 at Sepang test, day 3 currently in progress but rain is forecast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EQPs8RWU4AA70yA.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	579.2 KB 
ID:	344610  

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Interesting testing.
    Hard to draw too many conclusions but it looks like the tyres have changed big time again, with more rear grip we may see some interesting changes in riding styles.

KTM looking very good, fast lap pace of Dani was very good so perhaps they might be in Q2 more often this season, they got the riders for it so fingers crossed.

Bring on Qatar

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information