Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Looking at Pols last interview about going to Honda all his body language and reasoning was saying hes going to go - its just about the money now - Thats my bet

so now we get this
    It appears as though the final pieces to the 2021 MotoGP™ puzzle are finally starting to take shape, in particular when it comes to factory seats. Sky Sports Italia, MotoGP™'s Italian broadcaster partner, are reporting that current Ducati Team rider Danilo Petrucci has been in Austria over the past few days to continue talks with Red Bull KTM Factory Racing about replacing Pol Espargaro, who looks set to join Repsol Honda.

I reckon Pol will go to Honda and Petrucci probably to KTM because they both have little choice.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Nowt any more
    You would have to think that Pol will go, all things being equal, but you know, the dream of taking KTM to the top step, even just once, is going to be a strong influence on him.
    And finishing the project of which he has been an integral part from the start.
    If Pol signs with Repsol Honda, there will be two seats available, as Ianonne is stuffed. WADA will not let him escape.
    As Aleix said in his interview, the riders pushed for the testing and consequences, and in cycling, two failed tests = 24 month ban, immediately, no questions asked.
    As much as I would like to see him racing again, I can't see Aprilia contracting Smith for 2021, but they could do a lot worse.
    And who knows what Dovi is going to do.
    Vale has not committed just yet either, but highly unlikely to hang up the leathers just yet.
    I personally would prefer to see Danilo go over to WSBK. I think he will be very much suited to that style of racing and lifestyle.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well if you're not watching Mugello, I'm not watching Mugello.
    Screw it then! I don't think I will watch Mugello either!! Bugger them......
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    No PI either. Almost makes Sepang seem attractive. Almost.
    It's not a very exciting calendar at all, and I doubt they will race outside of Europe. But at least there will MotoGP if all goes well.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Screw it then! I don't think I will watch Mugello either!! Bugger them......
    I'm thinking of not watching Philip Island as well, but I'll see how I feel closer to the time.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I'm thinking of not watching Philip Island as well, but I'll see how I feel closer to the time.
    Well, I am definitely NOT watching Silverstone! Weather is almost always shite there anyway.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Little or no spectators for Jerez, I read somewhere ?

Man that's got to be a loss of $$$$$$$$$$

I mean 100 thousand tickets at what ?(I pay about 150 Euro for the Italian GP for 3 days ).....

But hey, we get a GP at last ,its going to be Heaven !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Nice to see Bradders get Aprilia support for at least two rounds of the new season.

Who will they sign alongside Aleix?

A young boy waits........

Bike
    Petrucci joins Red Bull KTM Tech3 for 2021
    The Italian will leave Ducati at the end of the season as KTM confirm the MotoGP™ race winner will line-up alongside Iker Lecuona
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Danilo Petrucci, Red Bull KTM Tech 3
    Ahead of his sixth season with Ducati, Danilo Petrucci has put pen to paper with KTM for 2021 as the Italian prepares to step into the Red Bull KTM Tech3 ranks next season.

The 2019 Mugello race winner visited Austria to chat with KTM hierarchy recently as Petrucci went in search of a new seat in the premier class, and it seems the talks couldn’t have gone better for both parties. Tech3 Team Manager Herve Poncharal has called Petrucci a “team player and a MotoGP winner” – something the Frenchman obviously holds in high regard as he gets ready to take Petrucci under his wing.

\
    AND no Official word Pol has signed for Honda as yet??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Petrucci joins Red Bull KTM Tech3 for 2021
    The Italian will leave Ducati at the end of the season as KTM confirm the MotoGP™ race winner will line-up alongside Iker Lecuona
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Danilo Petrucci, Red Bull KTM Tech 3
    Ahead of his sixth season with Ducati, Danilo Petrucci has put pen to paper with KTM for 2021 as the Italian prepares to step into the Red Bull KTM Tech3 ranks next season.

The 2019 Mugello race winner visited Austria to chat with KTM hierarchy recently as Petrucci went in search of a new seat in the premier class, and it seems the talks couldn’t have gone better for both parties. Tech3 Team Manager Herve Poncharal has called Petrucci a “team player and a MotoGP winner” – something the Frenchman obviously holds in high regard as he gets ready to take Petrucci under his wing.

\
    AND no Official word Pol has signed for Honda as yet??
    Yes, only word so far is that Pol as been let go by KTM.
    IMO, I think signing Danilo is a bit of a mistake by KTM, but fair do's, good on him for finding a seat. I can guarantee you that Herve was not supportive of Danilo joining Tech Trois, as their philosophy is to provide a route for younger and new MotoGP riders into bigger teams, not to provide a home for guys let go from bigger teams.
    But, he will do the best job for Danilo that he can. I feel that Danilo will struggle on the KTM and may not last the whole 2021 season.
    I really think he is better suited to SBK. Afterall, that is where he did so well as a young rider (Superstock).
    Gosh, what is going to happen to Marquez A?
    Someone is going to be really pissed off in 2021 when they are let go.
    Bagnaia? Ducati love him, but he has to perform.
    Dovi? Still no contract, negotiations in a stalemate it would seem. Will they cut their losses and sign someone else? Lorenzo? Could do worse perhaps? But is his heart really in it anymore, really? Moto2 rider? Too risky.
    Rossi? Still no contract.
    Rabat/Zarco? Rabat has a contract. Zarco could be a strawman.
    Binder is going to tear some shit up next year, maybe even this year. Just you watch!
    Aprilia seat is the main prize up for grabs it would seem.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    The rumours are that Dovi is staying, which is why Petrux has gone. Ducati have their 6 riders as Zarco will continue on an Avintia bike next season and Martin will be on Miller's Pramac. I doubt Zarco is happy with that!

Apparently Rossi has enjoyed the break but is expected to ride for SRT next season. A sticking point is he wants to bring his entourage and SRT don't want to break up the crew on his side of the garage for what is likely to be one season.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i think this could be the beginning of the end for MM and Honda.MM will be pissed of that alex didnt even get to turn a wheel in anger before Honda pushed him out.
    His desire to teach Honda a lesson may outweigh his desire for another title,though i think he would be in the mix straight away on any other bike.
    Danilos stay at KTM may be short

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Been staying off here as the pain of no motogp has been too much. It's coming though!

Super excited for Pol, I've always wanted to see what he or Aleix could do on a competitive bike. Everyone says "Pol didn't turn heads on the Tech3 Yamaha", while forgetting that he was up there most of the time and during that period the satellite bikes had next to no chance against the factory boys. It's only during the Michelin spec electronics era that we've seen the sat bikes up there.
    I think he'll do fine and Alex gets shifted to LCR where he belongs. Cal talking about maybe retiring in the media won't have done him any favours, and I think him spending time at home might make him want to call it a day. Taka is a safe bet due to his passport and he's done well on the bike that's underneath him so short of a left field offer Alex is either in LCR in place of Cal or back in moto2.

From KTM's perspective they're fine though, they've got 2 of the most talented young riders still and Iker who is a bit of a dark horse, he gave Brad a good run in Moto2 last year so maybe they have 3 of the best.
    I don't see Petrux doing so well as the bikes look chalk and cheese different, but maybe the KTM will suit him and he'll give the other 3 a good seeing to. Time will tell. Not a bad signing from KTM though as he'll bring some knowledge with him around how the Ducati feels etc, so they'll be able to use his feedback to improve the package more.

Ducati's future is in Miller and Bagniaia, I think Dovi will get another 1 year to seal them a title and if he doesn't do it they'll lose patience. Its unfortunate he's around in a MM era has he would have done it by now no doubt, though Nicky Hayden did show that the aliens can be vanquished.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Been staying off here as the pain of no motogp has been too much. It's coming though!

Super excited for Pol, I've always wanted to see what he or Aleix could do on a competitive bike. Everyone says "Pol didn't turn heads on the Tech3 Yamaha", while forgetting that he was up there most of the time and during that period the satellite bikes had next to no chance against the factory boys. It's only during the Michelin spec electronics era that we've seen the sat bikes up there.
    I think he'll do fine and Alex gets shifted to LCR where he belongs. Cal talking about maybe retiring in the media won't have done him any favours, and I think him spending time at home might make him want to call it a day. Taka is a safe bet due to his passport and he's done well on the bike that's underneath him so short of a left field offer Alex is either in LCR in place of Cal or back in moto2.

From KTM's perspective they're fine though, they've got 2 of the most talented young riders still and Iker who is a bit of a dark horse, he gave Brad a good run in Moto2 last year so maybe they have 3 of the best.
    I don't see Petrux doing so well as the bikes look chalk and cheese different, but maybe the KTM will suit him and he'll give the other 3 a good seeing to. Time will tell. Not a bad signing from KTM though as he'll bring some knowledge with him around how the Ducati feels etc, so they'll be able to use his feedback to improve the package more.

Ducati's future is in Miller and Bagniaia, I think Dovi will get another 1 year to seal them a title and if he doesn't do it they'll lose patience. Its unfortunate he's around in a MM era has he would have done it by now no doubt, though Nicky Hayden did show that the aliens can be vanquished.

I havent seen that Pol has actually signed you got some inside info???

Thread Information