Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Simon Crafar has an onboard lap on the youtube Motogp channel.
    Fucking cool track, can't wait to watch the race.
    Go Miguel! Be so good to see a home victory.
    Or
    Go Aleix, be so good to see him crack a good result, he's been robbed of the most results over the years with mechanicals.
    Or
    Go Brad, because he's awesome

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Nice track,beaut weather ! WSB go here don't they ?
    yes they do .Simon crafar did a video about the track too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n38-uMhWuTQ

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Simon Crafar has an onboard lap on the youtube Motogp channel.
    Fucking cool track, can't wait to watch the race.
    Go Miguel! Be so good to see a home victory.
    Or
    Go Aleix, be so good to see him crack a good result, he's been robbed of the most results over the years with mechanicals.
    Or
    Go Brad, because he's awesome

ooops we posted the same comment at the same instant!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    ooops we posted the same comment at the same instant!
    Inb4

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Thank you both.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Soo no race at Portimao in the 2021 calendar, but it is on standby if any of the flyaway races are cancelled.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Soo no race at Portimao in the 2021 calendar, but it is on standby if any of the flyaway races are cancelled.
    It need to be added immediately and they can ditch the dangerous hell hole that is the redbull ring.

All in favour say aye

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Watching qualifying was just a little sad.

Sad for Oliveira to win his first pole at his home track and there was no crowd of rapturous homies there to share it with him.

Sad for Alex Briggs and Brent Stevens. With his Twitter posts Alex Briggs gave us a small window into the GP world that was unique. Particularly prior to the PR people putting a stop to his photo competitions. No more in car convos; it won't be the same.

Cal Crutchlow too. Plus the announcers mentioned there are 30 odd other people won't be there next year. I wish them all well.

Of course if we get an exciting race that'll cheer me up.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    What a fucking season

I do hope this is the last time we see such a weird one though, while it's been awesome viewing the underlying reason behind it was totally shit. Bring on the vaccine.

Moto3 and Moto2 nail biters thats for sure, won't post results unless some of you lot are still to view the lower classes.

I'm off to Make the Motogp 2021 thread as I've never had the honour of such a task and want to beat you lot to it

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    What an amazing season.
    The thing that struck me about it was the look into the brains of the riders. Is the coverage more personal or are the ups and downs more extreme.
    Some of the up and down expressions when landing back in the pit box seats will remain in my memory. At least we know the top riders go through similar shit that we do
    Rossi Cal Dovi and the old boys don't seem to be able to keep up.
    The rookies did well Alex Marquez, Binder and especially Nakagami.
    The independent teams did even better.
    KTM have arrived and week in week out. Any one that owns an Orange 2smoke dirt bike knows this. Pol rode the shocks that bike.
    Some seem to have screwed their heads up for themselves like Quartararo and Viñales.
    The Cool and calm came through Mir, Rins and who would have thought but our little aussie battler Miller.
    Still wondering what impact MM would have made if he had of been fit and will he be ok for next season???
    Riders of the season for me has to be Morbidelli or Miller.
    I might have to plug for the southern hemisphere rider next year.

Congrats to Suzuki great win!!!

Might wander over to the Autech 2021 thread
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    R100GSPD
    yes what a season,and how even the bikes seem now.Will MM come back and absolutely amaze us with his ability to MAKE the honda win,when we see it is actually not that good.
    Easy to say now but i had some thoughts that some flashes of FQ temperament last year made me wonder about his ability to put up with the pressure at being at the top of the points table..we shall see.
    Ad Yes KTM are the story of the season I think.
    Farewell #4 and #35.I doubt we will see Dovi back at the front.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The Yamaha riders will be pleased to get new engines for testing. The race engines some have been using were waaaay past their use by ks

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker

Rossi's Official farewell

PRESS RELEASE ON VALENTINO ROSSI LEAVING FACTORY YAMAHA TEAM
    4h ago Moto sport
    The Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team look back with great pride on their successful 15-year long journey with MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi.

With the 2020 MotoGP season having come to an end, the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team want to thank Valentino Rossi for his 15 years of outstanding hard work, dedication, and passion. He has been a key member of the Yamaha family during two long terms in his impressive Grand Prix racing career (from 2004 – 2010 and from 2013 – 2020). The Factory Yamaha MotoGP Team take this opportunity to share their heartfelt appreciation of the still very much active MotoGP legend, as well as the departing crew members, and celebrate their remarkable achievements.

4681885fbc0c5627d15.jpg

Valentino started riding for the team in 2004 and stayed for seven years, then had a brief two-year stint at Ducati, before he came back to Yamaha where he refound his purpose, his energy, and his performance. His second term with the Factory Yamaha MotoGP Team lasted eight years, one year longer than his first term and a clear indication of how much the Italian feels at home with Yamaha.

Valentino‘s list of results achieved with the Factory Yamaha Team is extensive. He earned 4 MotoGP World Championship Titles and secured 56 victories and 142 podiums in their 255 Grand Prix races together.

Besides Valentino, the Factory Yamaha Team is also saying goodbye to highly-esteemed and much-appreciated colleagues Brent Stephens (Mechanic since 1999), Alex Briggs (Mechanic since 2004), Matteo Flamigni (Data Engineer since 2000), David Muñoz (Crew Chief since 2020), and Idalio Gavira (Rider Performance Analyst since 2019), who are all part of The Doctor‘s crew.

Alex and Brent will be leaving Yamaha, whilst David, Matteo, and Idalio will continue their work with Valentino as a part of PETRONAS Yamaha SRT in 2021.

Also, Javier Ullate (Mechanic since 2003) will be leaving the team. In the 18 years he spent as a part of the Factory Yamaha crew, he worked with big names such as Carlos Checa, Marco Melandri, Colin Edwards, Jorge Lorenzo, and Maverick Viñales, helping them secure many victories and podiums, including three titles with Jorge.

The Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team couldn‘t let this occasion go by unnoticed. On Thursday 19 November, the entire staff (including the staff and friends of the team who are not in Portugal, who attended the event online) met up at the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP garage to give the leaving members the appreciation they deserve and present them with some parting gifts.

The Factory Yamaha MotoGP Team once again sincerely thank Valentino and the departing team members for their hard work, professionalism, dedication, and passion. Their stellar contribution and results will always remain a part of Yamaha‘s racing legacy.

LIN JARVIS

MANAGING DIRECTOR, YAMAHA MOTOR RACING

This is an emotional moment. It‘s always sad to bid farewell, especially to people who have been such a vital part of the team. But nothing in life is continuous, nothing remains the same, and that‘s also the nature of MotoGP. The situation in the paddock is constantly evolving. People come into the team, some leave, and some come back again.

“2020 was Valentino‘s 15th season with the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team. I have very vivid memories of those years. There have been highs and lows – it‘s been a roller-coaster ride, but his list with results on a Yamaha is seriously impressive: 4 MotoGP World Championship Titles, 255 Grand Prix races, 56 victories, 142 podiums. It‘s amazing how much he achieved during his time with us.

“In Valentino‘s case we are now facing what I would call ’a changing of the guard‘. Though he is leaving the Factory Yamaha MotoGP Team, this is not the end of his career. This is not a complete farewell scenario, this is a transition moment. It‘s important, regardless, because Valentino has been part of our team for so long. But next year he will be next door, so he will stay close. His factory-rider status continues, and he will continue riding a factory YZR-M1 with full support from Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. He will also be taking Crew Chief David, Data Engineer Matteo, and Rider Performance Analyst Idalio with him, so he will be surrounded by some familiar faces in the PETRONAS Yamaha SRT garage.

“Brent, Alex, and Javier will finish their long-term working collaboration with Yamaha. Their expertise, professionalism, and passion for the job is something that kept our team going for many years, so it‘s very sad to have to say goodbye to them. We wish them all the best for the future and hope to stay in touch.

VALENTINO ROSSI

This is an important moment, because this is the end of our long journey together. Our history, between me and the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team, is divided into two parts – almost like a good movie, I think.

“The first part is from the beginning in 2004 to 2010. I think that was the best part of my career. We wrote history for Yamaha. We were able to win the championship for Yamaha after twenty-something years. I will always remember these achievements, for sure, because they are key moments in my career too.

“But I‘m also very proud of the second part. I want to say ’Thanks‘ again to Lin and all of Yamaha. They gave me a chance to come back to the Factory Team after two bad years with another factory, when I was already ’getting old‘ by MotoGP-standards, so I was desperate. I will never forget the moment when Lin told me I would have a chance to come back here. I‘ll always be thankful for that moment, because maybe I could also have stopped riding at that time if I wasn‘t able to come back here. My return to the Factory Yamaha team has lasted 8 years, so one year longer than the first part. The second part was a bit more difficult in terms of results, but we did come close to winning a championship at one point, which could have changed our story. But things happened the way they happened, and I‘m still thankful for the support I got from Lin, Maio, and all the Japanese engineers. But especially I want to say ’Thank you‘ to my crew. We‘ve been together for a long time. Bernie, Alex, Brent, Matteo, Mark, David, Idalio, and more. I also want to say thanks to the other guys from the team and the hospitality staff. And of course to my mate Maverick: we also had a good atmosphere with that side of the box, so I want to thank them too.

“Next year I will still be riding a factory bike with full factory support, just in different colours. It‘s true, I will not be sitting in the Yamaha Factory Racing garage, but I will be just next door – together with Matteo, Idalio, and David – so for sure we can still say hello.

Original Source [superbikeplanet]
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A Twitter caption read, "This guy is an absolute legend in the sport. The guy next to him is Valentino Rossi."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A legend.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	347786  

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The Yamaha riders will be pleased to get new engines for testing. The race engines some have been using were waaaay past their use by ks
    We'll never know, but I wonder what they find when they look inside, and or whether they will run one further on track or dyno to see where it does finally expire (though they may have done that test already).

Thread Information