Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by jato View Post
    I enjoy his articles but some of the technical theories can stretch the laws of physics a fair bit... I wonder if he should have mentioned the gyroscopic effect of the longer crank rather than moment of inertia - which would be minimal in a puny bit of crank compared to the mass of the rest of the engine that is wider than a V4.
    Yes, the reduced moment of inertia of a V4 crank means it accelerates faster. It's the gyroscopic effect that affects handling, with the longer and heavier IL4 crank more resistant to changing direction.

Remind me not to buy a Ducati V4 if I win Lotto.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Gyroscopic effect is when a spinning (crank) shaft doesn't like to change position/heading - a backward spinning crank still has that. Gyroscopic precession is another force at play and works at 90 degrees to the crank's axis of rotation - its a bit more tricky - for example on a forward spinning shaft if you lean to the right the precession force will yaw the bike to the right. on a backward spinning crank it will create a yawing force to the left (imagine momentarily losing the front and having an invisible force trying to take your wheel away further...) I've done experiments and the forces on a heavy long crank are a few kgs (newtons) for sure . but in reference to the article the moment of inertia mat talks about ......

Bike
    scooter Kymco, 2017
    if 2020 championship start will be only in Europe, without fans on circuit.... 7 Gp in Spain, maybe 2 in Italy, in Austria, and one in Czech Republic... no wild card for Jorge Lorenzo, Michele Pirro... here, in Italy, we are afraid about Valentino Rossi: yesterday, to italian press told: "I ride to win, if not possible i stop'.... Petronas is a second choice, so...

Bike
    scooter Kymco, 2017
    Ducati is talking with Dovizioso, but offering him less money than 2020..... https://www.valentinorossi46.it/la-d...adra-del-2021/

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzaniga View Post
    Ducati is talking with Dovizioso, but offering him less money than 2020..... https://www.valentinorossi46.it/la-d...adra-del-2021/
    How am I expected to look at the main story with that line of distractions down the right hand side?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzaniga View Post
    Ducati is talking with Dovizioso, but offering him less money than 2020.....
    Perhaps having now made Jack a factory rider they have to make savings elsewhere.

Dovi might have cause to look even sadder than he normally does, but his options appear limited.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It's a pity for the chap who tries so hard but has to live in the shadow of MM but for the fate of chance birthdays.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Ducati just never learn. Stoner, Rossi, Lorenzo and now Dovi. He nearly won them a world championship and a couple of years later they treat him like shit.

Good luck to Jack Miller.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Rossi just had an interview with Miss Perry (or is it Mrs?). He had a great time in lockdown, so good in fact he said it makes him more comfortable with the notion or retiring...and that a possible announcement on this subject might be coming very soon.

https://www.facebook.com/harkamal.si...2037470491896/ (don't have to be logged in to view)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Go to team owner? Just what would keep him ticking?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Ducati have dropped Petrux for 2021. One commentator thinks he may go to Aprilia.

It seems so long since we've had a GP I no longer know who is who outside the top teams.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So will this extra time work for Yamaha to evolve their traction or will it give Honda time to create some other game changing technologies probably to do with paddock stands?

And will MM be laughing with extra healing time?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    And will MM be laughing with extra healing time?
    It's an ill wind...

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    TRUE OR NOT TRUE???

The latest news report about the possibility of Pol Espargaro has signed for Repsol Honda for the 2021 seasons, something that probably no one was expecting, especially when one of the strong men of KTM had already made known that he was satisfied with the four riders he had and wanted to renew their contracts.

Espargaro has been in talks with Honda and Ducati in recent weeks, as he himself stated on several occasions, but ultimately it will be the japanese team that takes over the services of the Moto2 world champion (2013), to form a team with Marc Marquez until the end of 2022.

The loss of Pol will be a severe blow to KTM, which intended to announce the renewal of its four MotoGP riders soon: in addition to Pol, his teammate Brad Binder, and Red Bull Tech3 riders Miguel Oliveira and Iker Lecuona.

In few days, KTM saw Espargaro refuse the invitation to renew and one of their young riders, Jorge Martin, heading to Ducati to take a place in the Pramac team in 2021.

After hiring Alex Marquez last november for a season that hasn’t started and that will be very strange due to the coronavirus pandemic, everything indicates that the HRC Honda team wants to keep Alex as one of their future assets. If so, the rider can go to the LCR team to rider with an official motorcycle and all the support from the factory, helping him to train without having to deal with the pressure of being on the official team and in the shadow of his brother Marc.

This move would leave one of the current LCR riders, Cal Crutchlow or Takaaki without a place in 2021.

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/fea...r7zawnnvLC99XI
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    It's on a number of websites, including Autosport. Wow.

Unlike ex-Yamaha riders, EspargaroP will feel perfectly at home on a Honda!

Thread Information