Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 410

Thread: MotoGP 2020

  1. #331
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I havent seen that Pol has actually signed you got some inside info???
    There is no official release but the fact Olivera has been named as his replacement by KTM would certainly indicate he's got something solid lined up. Only Zarco would ditch a seat that good without having something to sit back down on.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  2. #332
    Join Date
    17th August 2005 - 11:00
    Bike
    Triumph Bonnie, KTM 2 smoker!
    Location
    East Auckland
    Posts
    4,063

    The worst-kept secret in the MotoGP

    HRC sign Pol Espargaro on a two-year deal
    The former Moto2™ World Champion will partner MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez at Repsol Honda from 2021 onwards
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Pol Espargaro, Repsol Honda Team
    The worst-kept secret in the MotoGP™ paddock has finally been announced: Pol Espargaro has officially signed with HRC for 2021 and 2022. The former Moto2™ World Champion will partner Repsol Honda Team's Marc Marquez in an all-star Spanish line-up.

    When KTM announced their 2021 line-up in June, the notable omission from their four riders was Espargaro, bringing to an end the four-year relationship between Espargaro and the Austrian factory. Now, the rumours have finally been confirmed with HRC's press release on Monday morning saying the following:

    "Honda Racing Corporation are pleased to announce the signing of Pol Espargaro," read the statement. "The former Moto2 World Champion will join the Repsol Honda Team on a two-year contract. He will join eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez aboard the Honda RC213V. Espargaro is one of the most experienced riders on the grid, having raced in the World Championship since 2006 and with 104 premier class Grands Prix contested."

    Secondly AM
    HRC extend agreement with Alex Marquez
    The Moto2™ World Champion will move to LCR Honda in 2021, confirming Cal Crutchlow's exit after six years with the Japanese manufacturer
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Alex Marquez, LCR Honda
    Repsol Honda Team's Alex Marquez will move into the LCR Honda squad from next year onwards, after Pol Espargaro was confirmed as a Repsol Honda rider for 2021. The 24-year-old's move into Honda's satellite team also confirms Cal Crutchlow's exit from Lucio Cecchinello's garage after six years with the Japanese manufacturer.

    In a statement released on Monday morning, HRC confirmed that the younger of the Marquez brothers has had his current deal, which expires at the end of 2020, extended for a further two years to 2022. Meanwhile, Britain's Crutchlow will leave Honda after securing three memorable premier class victories during his six-year stay.

    Will Crashlow get a ride or is he done??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

    'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

  3. #333
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    HRC sign Pol Espargaro on a two-year deal
    The former Moto2™ World Champion will partner MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez at Repsol Honda from 2021 onwards
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Pol Espargaro, Repsol Honda Team
    The worst-kept secret in the MotoGP™ paddock has finally been announced: Pol Espargaro has officially signed with HRC for 2021 and 2022. The former Moto2™ World Champion will partner Repsol Honda Team's Marc Marquez in an all-star Spanish line-up.

    When KTM announced their 2021 line-up in June, the notable omission from their four riders was Espargaro, bringing to an end the four-year relationship between Espargaro and the Austrian factory. Now, the rumours have finally been confirmed with HRC's press release on Monday morning saying the following:

    "Honda Racing Corporation are pleased to announce the signing of Pol Espargaro," read the statement. "The former Moto2 World Champion will join the Repsol Honda Team on a two-year contract. He will join eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez aboard the Honda RC213V. Espargaro is one of the most experienced riders on the grid, having raced in the World Championship since 2006 and with 104 premier class Grands Prix contested."

    Secondly AM
    HRC extend agreement with Alex Marquez
    The Moto2™ World Champion will move to LCR Honda in 2021, confirming Cal Crutchlow's exit after six years with the Japanese manufacturer
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Alex Marquez, LCR Honda
    Repsol Honda Team's Alex Marquez will move into the LCR Honda squad from next year onwards, after Pol Espargaro was confirmed as a Repsol Honda rider for 2021. The 24-year-old's move into Honda's satellite team also confirms Cal Crutchlow's exit from Lucio Cecchinello's garage after six years with the Japanese manufacturer.

    In a statement released on Monday morning, HRC confirmed that the younger of the Marquez brothers has had his current deal, which expires at the end of 2020, extended for a further two years to 2022. Meanwhile, Britain's Crutchlow will leave Honda after securing three memorable premier class victories during his six-year stay.

    Will Crashlow get a ride or is he done??
    i think he has sealed his fate by talking retirement

  4. #334
    Join Date
    2nd March 2018 - 15:32
    Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    HRC sign Pol Espargaro on a two-year deal
    The former Moto2 World Champion will partner MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez at Repsol Honda from 2021 onwards
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Pol Espargaro, Repsol Honda Team
    The worst-kept secret in the MotoGP paddock has finally been announced: Pol Espargaro has officially signed with HRC for 2021 and 2022. The former Moto2 World Champion will partner Repsol Honda Team's Marc Marquez in an all-star Spanish line-up.

    When KTM announced their 2021 line-up in June, the notable omission from their four riders was Espargaro, bringing to an end the four-year relationship between Espargaro and the Austrian factory. Now, the rumours have finally been confirmed with HRC's press release on Monday morning saying the following:

    "Honda Racing Corporation are pleased to announce the signing of Pol Espargaro," read the statement. "The former Moto2 World Champion will join the Repsol Honda Team on a two-year contract. He will join eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez aboard the Honda RC213V. Espargaro is one of the most experienced riders on the grid, having raced in the World Championship since 2006 and with 104 premier class Grands Prix contested."

    Secondly AM
    HRC extend agreement with Alex Marquez
    The Moto2 World Champion will move to LCR Honda in 2021, confirming Cal Crutchlow's exit after six years with the Japanese manufacturer
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Alex Marquez, LCR Honda
    Repsol Honda Team's Alex Marquez will move into the LCR Honda squad from next year onwards, after Pol Espargaro was confirmed as a Repsol Honda rider for 2021. The 24-year-old's move into Honda's satellite team also confirms Cal Crutchlow's exit from Lucio Cecchinello's garage after six years with the Japanese manufacturer.

    In a statement released on Monday morning, HRC confirmed that the younger of the Marquez brothers has had his current deal, which expires at the end of 2020, extended for a further two years to 2022. Meanwhile, Britain's Crutchlow will leave Honda after securing three memorable premier class victories during his six-year stay.

    Will Crashlow get a ride or is he done??
    He may yet get an Aprilia ride if Ianone loses his appeal.

    I am yet to convinced that Honda have made good decisions about their 2021 lineup, other than Marc Marquez of course. Time will tell no doubt.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    21st January 2007 - 20:10
    Bike
    Nowt any more
    Location
    Wellywood
    Posts
    1,695
    IMO, Espargaro P is the next hungriest and talented rider in the field after MM and on par with Fabulous, but with way more experience.
    If you look up my old posts, I met Pol in 2006 and said on here at the time that he was someone to look out for.
    Yep, I'll take the kudos, thanks.... hahaha
    As I have mentioned also, yet to be proven correct, I cannot see WADA letting Iannone get away. IMO I think for their sake they have to make an example of him, rightly or wrongly.
    So, they won't let him escape. (I also met him in 2006 BTW. Pol was much nicer, also younger).
    I would think that Aprilia could do worse than having Cal on board for a year to prove the value of the new bike, or not.
    I was/am keen on Bradders getting the role, but Cal would be a more logical choice for one/two years, then hire a young Moto2 rider.
    I would think Cal would only want one more year, if at all.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

    "If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

    "The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

  6. #336
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    IMO, Espargaro P is the next hungriest and talented rider in the field after MM and on par with Fabulous, but with way more experience.
    If you look up my old posts, I met Pol in 2006 and said on here at the time that he was someone to look out for.
    Yep, I'll take the kudos, thanks.... hahaha
    As I have mentioned also, yet to be proven correct, I cannot see WADA letting Iannone get away. IMO I think for their sake they have to make an example of him, rightly or wrongly.
    So, they won't let him escape. (I also met him in 2006 BTW. Pol was much nicer, also younger).
    I would think that Aprilia could do worse than having Cal on board for a year to prove the value of the new bike, or not.
    I was/am keen on Bradders getting the role, but Cal would be a more logical choice for one/two years, then hire a young Moto2 rider.
    I would think Cal would only want one more year, if at all.
    Both the Espagaros have been epic in their own ways, never been given the best bikes in motogp though so now its time for Pol to show us what a lot of us already knew.
    Aleix in my eyes is still the most under rated on the grid though, what he managed to achieve on the CRT and open class bikes was mind boggling, getting a podium ffs. Mad. He may not have the world title to his name like Pol but he still kicks in there and rides the wheels off the bitch.

    Iannone is history I reckon, they'd set a dangerous precedent if they let him off, not sure if any of the cycling boys have managed it but it'd certainly help their cause if they can say "sorry I didn't know"

  7. #337
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,768
    Crutchlow to WSB? Though all the good seats seem to be taken. Depends if he still has the fire in his belly.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  8. #338
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,520
    Blog Entries
    1

  9. #339
    Join Date
    2nd March 2018 - 15:32
    Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    745
    There could be a seat at Ducati. Dovi's manager says he might sit out 2021 if they can't reach an agreement, or in other words pay him enough.

  10. #340
    Join Date
    21st January 2007 - 20:10
    Bike
    Nowt any more
    Location
    Wellywood
    Posts
    1,695

    Dovi sabbatical

    IMO that would be the end of his career in MotoGP. Nowadays it just moves too quickly and the demands both physical and emotional are too great to come off it and then try and get back up to it.
    While Lorenzo is making noises, I think it is likely about feeling wanted rather than a serious tilt at it again.
    I mean, why would you? Unless you are the most hubristic fuck in the world. George is ego-driven for sure (as are they all), but that much?
    And he is getting a good wedge with Yamaha without the day in day out pressures.
    Crutchlow back to Ducati would be sweet!! Imagine him and Jackass in the same team????

    Oh

    My

    God!!!!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

    "If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

    "The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

  11. #341
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,362
    Crutchlow to Aprilia seems the most logical move, Ianonne is fohked so they need to move to secure a good rider, it's not the kind of team that the sexy rookies will want to join so an experienced head like CC is a good bet for them. Will give us a better bench mark of how well Aleix is riding it too as CC is a proven race winner, where as Eaahhnone is a race winner when he can be bothered.

    In saying that who's the next in moto2 to shift up? I'm thinking Jorge Martin obviously and the guy with the most awesome name in racing Fabio Di Giannantonio as he got 2 podiums on the speed up last year and that usually perks up the ears of the teams. They will have to wait till 2022 though as this years kind of thrown the market into disarray.

    Dovi is a hard call, if Jorge is sniffing around willing to race for fuck all and Dovi is pinching pennies they might just tell him to eff off. Problem is there is no seats for him to eff off too so it'd probably be bye bye for Dovi, 1 year sabbatical at his age wont work especially with the talent sniffing around below in Pramac, KTM and if you believe the rumours Yamaha.

    Can't wait for this weekend, been far too long!

  12. #342
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    17,785
    Wiff came back from the local library book sell off with a copy of Casey Stoners book. As a bundle of books it cost like 9cents. Literally.

    Wonder how the ego would feel knowing that was the going rate for ex gp star's books compared with how much they think they are worth in seat?

    That said I thought it was a good read, and they did offer him silly money to re-sign but he decided against.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  13. #343
    Join Date
    8th November 2005 - 12:25
    Bike
    2X 89 ZXR750 H1 (road/race) 92 KX500
    Location
    Pirongia, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,975
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Crutchlow back to Ducati would be sweet!! Imagine him and Jackass in the same team????

    Oh

    My

    God!!!!!
    They would need an extra semi truck just for spare fairings

  14. #344
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,795

  15. #345
    Join Date
    21st January 2007 - 20:10
    Bike
    Nowt any more
    Location
    Wellywood
    Posts
    1,695
    Mildly interesting play during the pre-event press conference. Steve asked the invited riders to list their top 5 for the championship.
    Only Rins and MarquezM put themselves #1 (or did MV#12 as well? I forget. LOL Old age....).
    Does that mean that the others have written themselves off before they even start?
    Pol has no realistic chance, so OK.
    But Fabio has a realistic chance, so does Vale. Miller? Well, maybe not, so OK too.
    Dovi was not invited, but all the riders put him in the top 5, and some in top 3.
    As I say, mildly interesting.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

    "If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

    "The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •