Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, it's an exciting product. Even when it became clear this season that Marquez was going dominate, it was still exciting racing. The man knows how to make things entertaining.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Its only testing, but can't help thinking Honda might be in the shit with their chassis this year. MM being older and not at 100% vs a much improved field...
    Hmmm...
    Time will tell but here's hoping someone ends his dominance, no doubt it will be a different rider beating him when he doesn't win again like last year so he's still in with a good shot

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Its only testing, but can't help thinking Honda might be in the shit with their chassis this year. MM being older and not at 100% vs a much improved field...
    Hmmm...
    Time will tell but here's hoping someone ends his dominance, no doubt it will be a different rider beating him when he doesn't win again like last year so he's still in with a good shot

MM is a talented, tough little mother fucker, however I wouldn't be surprised if 2018/2019 was seen as him peaking. I suspect he is going to suffer more with that shoulder and, given the way Marc simply cannot ride without pushing the limits, he will still crash. At some point, he will aggravate the shoulder(s) further and they will be a constant niggle. But hey - you can never underestimate MM. My pick would be FQ for first championship title this year, although the heart obviously wishes for #10 for VR46.

Regardless, can't wait for the season to commence. Going to Austin this year for the Texas round, so a new track to experience which will be cool.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    MM is a talented, tough little mother fucker, however I wouldn't be surprised if 2018/2019 was seen as him peaking. I suspect he is going to suffer more with that shoulder
    It was an injury not unlike that which ended the career of Freddie Spencer IIRC. I wish 93 well.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    MM is a talented, tough little mother fucker, however I wouldn't be surprised if 2018/2019 was seen as him peaking. I suspect he is going to suffer more with that shoulder and, given the way Marc simply cannot ride without pushing the limits, he will still crash. At some point, he will aggravate the shoulder(s) further and they will be a constant niggle. But hey - you can never underestimate MM. My pick would be FQ for first championship title this year, although the heart obviously wishes for #10 for VR46.

Regardless, can't wait for the season to commence. Going to Austin this year for the Texas round, so a new track to experience which will be cool.
    We also can't overlook the value that Pedrosa had in aiding the development of the bike, this years bike will be the first he had absolutely no influence over. So without his input and sensitivity will the bike lose some of its direction? Not having any other top riders on board it won't help there either, Honda need a 2nd alien, lets see how Alex goes. Otherwise they'll need to try and lure one of the KTM boys with some decent coin.
    A fully fit MM might be able to beat a field of riders if he has the engine to do so, but if they other teams have made a step on the engine front he'll lose the weapon he used to great effect last year. He'll maybe not be able to just shadow the Suzukis and Yamahas then get them at the end but will have to risk more on the front end of a bike which has lost it's edge in that area.

Austin should be a laugh, I'm actually planning a trip where I'll be very near there so maybe I should try and match the dates? Hmmm.... Hadn't thought of that!

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Young fella's rising to the top old fella's just hanging on, the way I see it.

Top 10 Day 2:
    1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) – 1:54.038
    2. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.162
    3. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.226
    4. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.443
    5. Francesco Bagnaia (Pramac Racing) + 0.482
    6. Johann Zarco (Reale Avintia Racing) + 0.527
    7. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.574
    8. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.624
    9. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.702
    10. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.721
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Zarco ... The cat could well be amongst the Ducati pigeons this year. Only testing of course but he might be on bounce back from sad times.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Just saw most of "After the Flag". I'm not sure if it's still available, I can't get it now.

The young dudes are looking good. Even Binder on the KTM has some famous names astern. Honda are having problems. Crutchlow has been outspoken about lack of front end feel and pushing the front end, as he would. Marquez, normally very diplomatic, has joined the chorus. In the final session when everybody else was out trying for a fast lap, MM was riding Nakagami's '19 bike with different aero packages. Honda, at this stage, don't know whether it's the frame, the engine, or the aero package that's the problem.

Honda engineers are quoted as saying they like being given a problem, it gives them something to work on. They should be happy then, but I wouldn't bet they don't fix the problem by Qatar.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I thought Honda might struggle, although last off season was possibly even worse in terms of available riders.

Qatar is a weird track. The last rider to win at Qatar and go on to win the championship was Marquez in 2014.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Qatar is a weird track. The last rider to win at Qatar and go on to win the championship was Marquez in 2014.
    There is a long straight? That might suit Ducati who have squeezed a little more top speed out of their engine.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...mpaign=Traffic

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    There is a long straight? That might suit Ducati who have squeezed a little more top speed out of their engine.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...mpaign=Traffic
    There is indeed. 1068 m according to Wikipedia.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93...-comments-ajax

MM has found a way by the looks, he usually doesn't talk shit so that's the Honda question mostly answered.
    If he can salvage some decent results until his shoulder is healed and a different rider takes their turn winning each time then he'll be fine.

Hoping Miller can score some wins this year, he's developing bloody well by the looks

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Interesting. I am starting to think Honda need a better test rider than Bradl. Just look at the quality of some of the test riders in the other teams.

By rights, Honda should have signed Dani but Puig fucked up any chance of that happening.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Interesting. I am starting to think Honda need a better test rider than Bradl. Just look at the quality of some of the test riders in the other teams.

By rights, Honda should have signed Dani but Puig fucked up any chance of that happening.
    That's cause Puig is a bell end.
    Glad Dani fucked off though, a competitive KTM is just around the corner and the more bikes in the mix, the better

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mat Oxley, just back from Sepang, posted some photos of the new track at Lombock, Indonesia. He remarked simply, "Interesting."

Very interesting when you consider it is scheduled to host a MotoGP round next year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ERtKvK8XYAAWZCE.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	344795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ERtKu-kXkAAFjsj.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	344796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ERtKu-AX0AYNLIt.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	344797

Thread Information