Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Yes wow looks like they have Moved Alex and put Pol on the factory bike.
    If he gets his head round the Honda it will be good

Now that might be interesting

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...1-honda-switch
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    All of which must seem like good news to Petrucci.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Yes wow looks like they have Moved Alex and put Pol on the factory bike.
    If he gets his head round the Honda it will be good

Now that might be interesting ]
    I think it is likely he will find the Honda more predictable to ride than the KTM. But yeah, it will be interesting.......
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Puig says nothing is signed yet. But he's not denying Honda are talking to EspargaroP.

Stay tuned.

Edit: He did also say that Marc Marquez is the ONLY rider Honda has signed for 2021. Read into that what you will.

Bike
    Bikes

Johnny Reay

Someone said, Johnny Rea to KTM......
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    motomatters saying the same thing but with a caveat....it may lead to Marc Leaving before his 4 year contract is finished

https://motomatters.com/analysis/202...espargaro.html

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    "But the pandemic happened, and upset any idea of a sensible approach to rider signings. Teams are having to think about their rider signings without having seen them turn a wheel in anger in 2020. That is making decisions that more complex."

That is such an important paragraph, and such an understatement.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Ouch !!!....

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Off the MotoGP site posted 4 hours ago

KTM confirm Pol Espargaro has 2021 Repsol Honda offer
    Factory KTM Team Manager Mike Leitner says the former Moto2™ World Champion has the chance to become Marc Marquez' teammate in 2021
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, Pol Espargaro, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
    Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team Manager Mike Leitner has confirmed Pol Espargaro has received an offer to become Marc Marquez’ teammate in the Repsol Honda garage in 2021. The Austrian, speaking exclusively to motogp.com, revealed that the Spaniard is currently weighing up whether to remain with KTM or make the move to HRC.

"I can just confirm that these talks are going on,” said Leitner when asked to comment on Pol’s possible switch to Repsol Honda. “Of course, we will try to keep Pol with us, but we know very clearly that there is another option for him. There’s no update at the moment other than that and when everything is finalised, we’ll make a comment regarding that. This will for sure happen in the next few weeks. We need time to plan for the future, so we need a decision soon.

"At the moment, of course, we first have to wait and see what the final outcome will be with Pol’s situation but, for sure, in parallel, we must also think about our future. So, there are some scenarios on the table for us and we can only go step by step and, finally, we will start to know what decisions to take when things are decided."

"IT'S DIFFICULT TO SAY NO TO HONDA" - ALEIX ESPARGARO
    HOW IS THE 2021 MotoGP™ GRID SHAPING UP?

If Espargaro were to leave KTM, it would mean they have two rookies and one sophomore on their books: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Brad Binder and Red Bull KTM Tech 3’s Iker Lecuona, plus Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Tech 3). But a severe lack of premier class experience left by Espargaro’s departure doesn’t concern Leitner.

"Especially at the beginning when we came to MotoGP in 2017 it was very important [to have some experience in the team]. Now, the bike already has a level so we can see with Brad Binder, for example, he was in the top ten in Qatar and at the winter test in Sepang we had three riders in the top ten. So, it’s very important to have an experienced rider but when the bike is competitive it’s less and less important to have a very experienced rider; but it always helps."

The Austrian wouldn’t be drawn on any potential replacements for the former Moto2™ World Champion. Current Ducati Team riders Andrea Dovizioso and Danilo Petrucci have been linked with the seat, but Leitner is confident whoever KTM puts on their factory RC16 will be able to adapt: "All the riders in MotoGP are very talented riders. But for Andrea [Dovizioso], I don’t have to say anything about him, he’s three-time runner-up in the last three years. Also, Petrucci is a Grand Prix winner. All of these top riders have a huge talent and they will adapt to the bike, this is clear."

"I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO KTM" - DANILO PETRUCCI
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The 2020 season, as planned, is to be an intense war of attrition. Anything other than a very minor injury will rule a rider out of contention for the championship.

Mat Oxley's take is here:
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...n-ever-in-2020

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    No Mugello???? I'm not watching.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well if you're not watching Mugello, I'm not watching Mugello.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    No Mugello???? I'm not watching.
    No PI either. Almost makes Sepang seem attractive. Almost.

Thread Information