Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Takaaki off line a bit and its all over for him damn !

Well done Franco , showed great concentration and deserved 1st , last minute tyre change worked out a treat.

Alex Rins 2nd , has he finally managed to keep a clear head and not crash while in podium positions ? it seems so (i hope)

Joan Mir a solid 3rd pretty darn good from 12th starting , happy times for Suzuki

A faster race this weekend by 7 seconds , benefit of double headers.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I was gutted to see Taka go out, and then AM as well. But amazing pace and consistency from Franky, a well deserved win. And seeing the two Suzuki's on the grid for a second week in a row was fantastic.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Binder copped a long lap penalty for Valencia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FIM Stewards panel.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	347569  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Before the race Mat Oxley posted this on Twitter:

"I asked Morbidelli & Rins if they'll help their team-mates cos they're pretty much out of the championship & Quartararo & Mir need every point they can get. Franco threw it back at me: "Why do you say I'm out of the championship?" I love the eternal optimism of bike racers."

I guess Morbidelli and Rins answered the question. Emphatically. Perhaps Mat might offer them both a bottle of something nice by way of mending bridges?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Before the race Mat Oxley posted this on Twitter:

"I asked Morbidelli & Rins if they'll help their team-mates cos they're pretty much out of the championship & Quartararo & Mir need every point they can get. Franco threw it back at me: "Why do you say I'm out of the championship?" I love the eternal optimism of bike racers."

I guess Morbidelli and Rins answered the question. Emphatically. Perhaps Mat might offer them both a bottle of something nice by way of mending bridges?
    Mat did reference that in the post race interview and both had a chuckle over it.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Gutted for Taka but not unexpected, must be bloody difficult to lead a motogp race for the first time with all the hype behind him, going in as favourite to win etc.
    Great to see Honda showing some form finally though, even if its at one of their stronger tracks.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Gutted for Taka but not unexpected, must be bloody difficult to lead a motogp race for the first time with all the hype behind him, going in as favourite to win etc.
    Great to see Honda showing some form finally though, even if its at one of their stronger tracks.

Was reading - can't remember where - that the Honda has been made more rideable. When MM was riding and winning they didn't need to worry. Since he's not riding though they've had to make it so mortals can use it.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I enjoy seeing the new young guys scrapping,they certainly put Crutchlow and Dovi in their place.

The LCR Honda man from Japan is showing he has some mongrel too,nice.

I look forward to see how #93 handles them next year.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Was reading - can't remember where - that the Honda has been made more rideable. When MM was riding and winning they didn't need to worry. Since he's not riding though they've had to make it so mortals can use it.
    Puig argues otherwise saying they've made no changes to the bike, rather that Alex has started to understand it more. Considering there's been no major changes to the bike noted by those that would notice that holds some water.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Puig argues otherwise saying they've made no changes to the bike, rather that Alex has started to understand it more. Considering there's been no major changes to the bike noted by those that would notice that holds some water.
    Yeah he also said Pedrosa didn't understand the Honda though so not sure how much merit we will give him. Dude is a class A fuck head still bitter he got fired.
    I'd agree its mostly rider though as the bike clearly is competitive, they just needed the time away from MM to thrive.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That doesn't account for Takagami's improved form though. Puig is in a better position to know than us, but I wouldn't trust him with my lunch.

Bike
    77 XL250
    A tad different to reports of a new type shock (Ohlins BDB50) for the last rounds. https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...otogp-comeback
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    A tad different to reports of a new type shock (Ohlins BDB50) for the last rounds. https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...otogp-comeback
    Was about to post this. Inb4
    I must say going off the convos in this forum its impressive how many times we are asking the same questions as Oxley often with the same theories.
    Not bad KB crew, not bad.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Yes Suzuki picked up that shock earlier in the season and stuck with it, after seeing the results that Suzuki had other manufacturers have been trying it. Not a huge change to the core of the bike though, and some riders claiming they can't feel a difference in it.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I would be surprised to see Honda admit anything other than minor changes to the bike. Their mantra seems to be 'Our bike is perfect and always was. It just needs a rider to adapt'.
    I was doubly gutted to see both Taka and baby Marquez biting the gravel though. I - and no doubt many others - would have loved to see them on the podium.

Meantime - Mir for the riders crown and Suzuki for the teams title....
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Thread Information