Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Just sitting beer in hand watching Q1. Simon Crafar asked Lyn Jarvis why Rossi is signed for only one year, the reply was to the effect that the Yamaha contract with Dorna expires at the end of next year and Yamaha can't offer any contracts past that expiry date. Yet.

Rossi will be riding for Petronas on a Yamaha factory contract.

Jarvis had also been asked about Brett and Alex being let go, but he didn't answer that.

The latter seemed at first an odd decision, so much accumulated knowledge and experience. I guess it's about the expense of all their travel. That would tend to indicate that in a COVID world Yamaha are counting pennies. It also suggests that there's minimal chance of their getting picked up by another team.

Alex Briggs gave the world a small but unique window into the MotoGP paddock with his Twitter posts. He used to do a quiz each round, a close up photo of an item on the bike. The parts were seriously difficult to identify, and although he didn't give away any secrets, the dread hand of the Yamaha PR drones put a stop to that.

Twenty eight years Alex has been in the GP paddock working with Gardner, Doohan and Rossi. I assume Brett is similar. That's some CV.

Here's hoping that if they got together with Jerry Burgess over a few beers we could get a seriously interesting book.
    Yes brillent alright love read that.
    Sure there be some fun story's.
    Do you u think be much interaction.
    Between them and the riders apart from work.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Some saY there is a BTSport torrent on ettvcentral. I couldn't comment but will say that the race was marred by Neil Hodgson - refering to the 'Fan Wall' at turn 10 - asking when we would see "Some inappropriate behaviour". After that
    Priceless seeing fan wall thought few going have heart failure when rossi came off.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Priceless seeing fan wall thought few going have heart failure when rossi came off.

...I had a sombre start to the day after that...was hoping he would be on the podium as much as he was...tyres in the cold made me wonder how long the front runners could keep their pace...oh well...keep moving the GOAT...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Do you u think be much interaction.
    Between them and the riders apart from work.
    Limited I'd guess. The riders hide in their motorhome if they aren't busy. There would be celebratory team dinners and such, although in Rossi's case not so many these days. Briggs was invited to Rossi's ranch to ride on at least one occasion.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mat Oxley's take on post COVID MotoGP.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...motogp-paddock
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I have really enjoyed that site with Mats column. Thanks for making us aware of it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Limited I'd guess. The riders hide in their motorhome if they aren't busy. There would be celebratory team dinners and such, although in Rossi's case not so many these days. Briggs was invited to Rossi's ranch to ride on at least one occasion.
    Nice that yeah thanks always wondered .

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Def a btsport release floating around.. pretty captivating race that one..
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Wish they get rid of that man he a tool
    Dunno why people think he's a tool.
    I've watched quite a few doco's with him in, or about him now, and I think he's probably about as decent a bloke as you're going to get at that level.

Away from anything competitive he seems like a great guy, he just cant help himself giving everything he possibly can to win.. He literally throws his bike onto the ground to find out what the limit is, and always has.. And on top of that he's learned how to watch and learn weakpoints etc, and then do amazing things to win races. They say, if he hadnt crashed on that first race this year, it would have been one of the most amazing rides in history.

Sure, he's probably a bit full of himself.. but then, so is crutchlow and many of the others.. but you dont have a team that sticks with you from day one, if you're a complete ass.

I thought this quote about Yamaha was funny (from here: https://everythingmotoracing.com/202...-like-a-yo-yo/)
    The Yamaha is in trouble, yes they are leading the MotoGP standings, but even Fabio Quartararo who leads the championship has complained about everything on the bike apart from the colour scheme (it’s rather nice).
    Yamaha this season are down on power, they struggle to corner, they cannot accelerate and have accidentally invented exploding brakes which is quite impressive, or it would be if it wasn’t endangering peoples lives.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Dunno why people think he's a tool.
    I've watched quite a few doco's with him in, or about him now, and I think he's probably about as decent a bloke as you're going to get at that level.

Away from anything competitive he seems like a great guy, he just cant help himself giving everything he possibly can to win.. He literally throws his bike onto the ground to find out what the limit is, and always has.. And on top of that he's learned how to watch and learn weakpoints etc, and then do amazing things to win races. They say, if he hadnt crashed on that first race this year, it would have been one of the most amazing rides in history.

Sure, he's probably a bit full of himself.. but then, so is crutchlow and many of the others.. but you dont have a team that sticks with you from day one, if you're a complete ass.

I thought this quote about Yamaha was funny (from here: https://everythingmotoracing.com/202...-like-a-yo-yo/)
    I think you'll find Achtung was saying to get rid of Puig, not Marquez. Who is a tool and definitely no asset to Honda imo.
    All riders think they're the best, if they didn't they wouldn't be there competing

Can't wait to see him back and battling against all the talent that has bloomed this year, times are a changing and he now has some very real threats on the other factory bikes, as well as hopefully on the other Repsol seat next year.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Ahh, well and good then.. I was reading it on my phone whilst simultaneously being told that if I didnt do my job properly I would be fired, by the person who didnt do the job properly, for which I was being accused of not doing properly... so.. I guess I should have re-read it lol
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Ahh, well and good then.. I was reading it on my phone whilst simultaneously being told that if I didnt do my job properly I would be fired, by the person who didnt do the job properly, for which I was being accused of not doing properly... so.. I guess I should have re-read it lol
    Yep I got treat firing while riding in pain covering another person's work.
    For falling off my work motorcycle .on driveway .on wet clay.
    Burning my leg and left ankle .brusing it .I surpose doing this few days after doing acc riding course .did look bad opps

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Yep I got treat firing while riding in pain covering another person's work.
    For falling off my work motorcycle .on driveway .on wet clay.
    Burning my leg and left ankle .brusing it .I surpose doing this few days after doing acc riding course .did look bad opps
    Oh Yeah... that's gotta suck..

Mind you.. "work motorcycle" is always a bonus
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The Quateraro tear off that blocked the air intake on Jack Miller’s bike is still available - if you’re quick. The current bid is £3,500. That’s roughly 7000 of our Pacific pesos.

Thread Information