Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 256

Thread: MotoGP 2020

  1. #136
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    17,458
    Panic mode aside, or rather perhaps because of it at a government level, will we see any cancellation of races for Coronavirus?
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  2. #137
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,932
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Panic mode aside, or rather perhaps because of it at a government level, will we see any cancellation of races for Coronavirus?
    Not impossible. We can but hope.

    Thailand is scheduled for 22 March, North and South America round that time too.

    Between then and late in the season the action is all in Europe. Guess it depends on where the disease decides to spread.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  3. #138
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,337
    https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/02/26/...chase.html?amp

    Some huge gains in top speed been made. Thinking the new Ducati aero is designed such that when Miller hits the drop arse button it reduces some of the drag.

    Ducati once again pioneering while the other teams try to keep up, all they need is the right riders on the factory bikes

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  4. #139
    Join Date
    2nd March 2018 - 15:32
    Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    690
    355 is getting a bit crazy. OK at Losail, but Mugello and PI were dangerous enough in 2019.

    Could be an interesting year if you're an Aprillia rider!

  5. #140
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    355 is getting a bit crazy. OK at Losail, but Mugello and PI were dangerous enough in 2019.

    Could be an interesting year if you're an Aprillia rider!
    I hear there's a seat vacant, might put my name forward

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  6. #141
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    17,458
    Well see what dental plan they are offering and hold out if it's not to par.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  7. #142
    Join Date
    21st January 2007 - 20:10
    Bike
    Nowt any more
    Location
    Wellywood
    Posts
    1,680

    MotoGP class cancelled at Qatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Panic mode aside, or rather perhaps because of it at a government level, will we see any cancellation of races for Coronavirus?
    Yep.

    http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/m..._pK3Ym0lX_CywU
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

    "If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

    "The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

  8. #143
    Join Date
    24th January 2009 - 21:06
    Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    536
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Well that sucks!

    Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

  9. #144
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    17,458
    I heard it was all started by a bad batch of Mexican beer.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  10. #145
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,932
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I heard it was all started by a bad batch of Mexican beer.
    Apparently some 38% of Yanks won't buy the beer - just in case. Probably the same 38% that support Trump. Since I was out and about Saturday night, and since Corona was available, I'd thought I'd better show some support.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  11. #146
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Apparently some 38% of Yanks won't buy the beer - just in case. Probably the same 38% that support Trump. Since I was out and about Saturday night, and since Corona was available, I'd thought I'd better show some support.
    That and its a bloody refreshing beverage.

    I suspect we will see more than just this round effected. Booooo!

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  12. #147
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,471
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Apparently some 38% of Yanks won't buy the beer - just in case. Probably the same 38% that support Trump. Since I was out and about Saturday night, and since Corona was available, I'd thought I'd better show some support.
    A survey of 737 beer drinkers doesn't really represent America. No doubt some of those 737 voted Trump, no doubt some of them voted Clinton. But still only 737 people isn't indicative of anything.

    https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/su...irus-outbreak/

    5W Public Relations said that 38% of Americans wouldn’t buy Corona “under any circumstances” because of the outbreak, and another 14% said they wouldn’t order a Corona in public. The survey encompasses polling from 737 beer drinkers in the United States.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/signaturepics/sigpic31_1.gif

  13. #148
    Join Date
    12th September 2004 - 17:40
    Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Location
    Horowhenua NZ
    Posts
    3,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    That and its a bloody refreshing beverage.

    I suspect we will see more than just this round effected. Booooo!

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    yes ,big deal for me cos I've done 15 yrs travelling to GPs . Was gunna do one more Mugello but with a buggered Immune system, that's it for me.... Oh well .

    You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

  14. #149
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,537
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Well that sucks!

    Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
    Yeah but what I don't understand is why bikes are there race what you have.if a team are disadvantaged we
    Give others chance to shine.
    But guess it's the show know.

    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

  15. #150
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Yeah but what I don't understand is why bikes are there race what you have.if a team are disadvantaged we
    Give others chance to shine.
    But guess it's the show know.

    Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
    sorry mate i dont get your argument at all.I didnt read that artice because of the cookie bullshit.However from Moto matters the issue is the travel restrictions.Some team members would not be able to even enter Dubai??.So for equality they have cancelled.Moto 3 and moto2 will rce cos they are alreaady there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •