Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Rossi has tested positive for COVID-19.
    Wonder how many in his team will get crook ?

And the academy ?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Wonder how many in his team will get crook ?

And the academy ?
    yeah , he has contact with lots of people.
    (I'd offer to help look after his girlfriend/wife to be !!!!!)

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Yeah, I cant see how there can really be a "champion" from this year.. maybe they'll record it but with an *
    Come on, this sort of thinking is a bit lame isn't it?

There are races with all of the fit riders present. Riders who are injured are out, just like in any other season.
    They are racing across different circuits and countries, more than back in the earlier eras, when no one wanted to put any *'s on any season.
    The riders are putting as much or more into it, because this season there is the chance for more than one rider to win it and they all want it, immensely.

I just fail to see why anyone has to try and diminish it at all. Watch and enjoy for the spectacle of sporting skill and mechanical genius that is on show and stop doing the typical Kiwi bullshit of diminishing everything.
    So it is a condensed season. So what?
    Marquez would be out of contention regardless, as he crashed and got injured. Like any other rider can and has done.

Next it will be "Oh he is not really world champion" or some such crap. Makes me want to pull out what little hair I have left.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Nowt any more

Joe Roberts separates from American Racing

Although he said in his interview that it is all happy and amicable, the debacle in front of the world on the grid and in the garage at Le Mans will have played a major part in the decision.
    There is no way that it can not have.
    For that team to have screwed that up so royally is unbelievable.
    How can they have not managed that? A shock and wheel change?
    Every other team managed it.
    Sure, they are all learning and are a low resources team, but come on.
    Hopefully they will do better in 2021.
    Would be great to see Cam Beaubier come and give it a nudge (increasing the # of Red Bull Rookies on the grid). And another American alongside him. Rocco Landers perhaps? That would be good, if he is up to it.
    Probably a bit early for him. Maybe Paasch or Kelly?
    But I guess Ramierz brings $ to the team.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    It's more that it is a shortened condensed season, without the usual amount of testing etc, in unusual circumstances, and so on.

The * would be to say this championship was run under xyz conditions, which were not normal, and unique. I mean, we dont really know what secrets and conspiracies will come out of this years steaming pile of wombat doo
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Was there racing? Is there going to be someone with the most points at the end of the season? Then it's a championship with an eventual champion. Simple.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Was there racing? Is there going to be someone with the most points at the end of the season? Then it's a championship with an eventual champion. Simple.
    Yes, but I still think it is a season with an asterisk.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Bull shit.
    What we are seeing is the craziest motogp season ever, whoever wins it will be remembered as one of the greats for overcoming such a difficult season.

My opinion is that the absence of Marquez is only 30% of the strangeness this season, the rest is down to a new tyre, racing at circuits outside their usual temperature zone and the most competitive field of riders and bikes we have ever seen.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Bull shit.
    What we are seeing is the craziest motogp season ever, whoever wins it will be remembered as one of the greats for overcoming such a difficult season.

My opinion is that the absence of Marquez is only 30% of the strangeness this season, the rest is down to a new tyre, racing at circuits outside their usual temperature zone and the most competitive field of riders and bikes we have ever seen.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    Chuuuur!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    At season's end there will be a winner and that name goes in the book. Sure the season has been different, but in other ways there have been greater challenges than normal. The winner will get the gold medal whoever it is.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    At season's end there will be a winner and that name goes in the book. Sure the season has been different, but in other ways there have been greater challenges than normal. The winner will get the gold medal whoever it is.
    and all is equal for the other teams.A win is a win,he who ends with the most points wins,there is no asterisk.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    heh.

ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Honda might be wondering if they haven't stuffed up?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Honda might be wondering if they haven't stuffed up?
    Sarcasm?

If Honda have bikes anywhere near competitive next year, there is going to be some epic races
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Sarcasm? Me? Not at all.

Repsol dropped Marquez A and signed Espagero P for 2021. It's starting to look as if they may have dropped a clanger.

Thread Information