Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Sarcasm? Me? Not at all.

Repsol dropped Marquez A and signed Espagero P for 2021. It's starting to look as if they may have dropped a clanger.
    Oh wow, I must have missed that.. yeah, that was dumb, considering Mark says "he's faster than me"
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Honda might be wondering if they haven't stuffed up?
    Crutchless is moving too isn't he ? do I have that right ?

I thought I read #73 was going to LCR with a similar deal of Factory bikes?

(went to a great party LCR had years ago when Playboy was sponsor.)

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Crutchless is moving too isn't he ? do I have that right ?
    He was talking to Aprilia, but since that he's told Mat Oxley that KFC is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I thought I read #73 was going to LCR with a similar deal of Factory bikes?
    Yeah, but an LCR factory Honda is not quite like a Repsol factory Honda. A lot less HRC techs in the LCR garage apparently.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 19th October 2020 at 19:32.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rossi's mechanics have a light work load of course. They are going to the track rather than sit in a hotel room. After 28 years in the GP paddock Alex Briggs has been posting on Twitter about some first time experiences. Like being a spectator, taking race photographs, getting a tour of the TV control unit (was not allowed to take photos). Also being interviewed, but he's done that before.

He wears his rather odd looking helmet because it complies with scooter regulations, and lets him listen to the chatter in MVs pit box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alex Briggs.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	347532  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Sarcasm? Me? Not at all.

Repsol dropped Marquez A and signed Espagero P for 2021. It's starting to look as if they may have dropped a clanger.
    Would Puig's strategy be to keep Pol away from KTM just to create disruption in the team, a bit like picking up Lorenzo from Ducati?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Nowt any more
    The Spaniards especially, believe that the Repsol team is the absolute pinnacle of teams in the game. That being actually the case is debatable of course.
    So, any Spaniard who has the opportunity to sign for them, does so. Hence AsparagusP going there.
    It seems odd to me that you would not allow yourself to truely evaluate your current rider first though, but there you go, that is their business.
    While not a #73 fan myself, his burn rate is much slower than that of #93, his record is nonetheless pretty good.
    And having an established rider and a rookie together would seem to be a good idea.
    But in the face of it, Pol should go well on the RCV bike.
    MaqA will receive a bit/lot more support at LCR than Cal does/did, simply due to that stronger Repsol/Spain connection and his new found performances.
    Remembering, he and Takka are the only riders to finish every race so far (I think that is right??).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    It seems odd to me that you would not allow yourself to truely evaluate your current rider first though
    Not just you. They signed AM before he had ridden a MotoGP bike, then before he'd had a reasonable chance to adjust, they dropped him. Or at least promoted him sideways. Realistically all that was required of him was that he be a wing man for his brother, his last couple of performances make it appear he could have managed that.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Not just you. They signed AM before he had ridden a MotoGP bike, then before he'd had a reasonable chance to adjust, they dropped him. Or at least promoted him sideways. Realistically all that was required of him was that he be a wing man for his brother, his last couple of performances make it appear he could have managed that.
    Nice to see AM doing great ,must be really hard having a big brother who is a god !!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Nowt any more

Masia Moto3 win

Anyone offering opinions on whether Masia should have been docked a place for venturing onto 'the green'?
    IMO he should have been.
    In order to avoid the green he could have slowed down.
    I think it was inconsistent and unfair of Race Control, because they will ping someone else for exactly the same thing sooner or later.
    That would have worked out well for my sweepstake with Cormac Racing! And extra 5 points for BinD would have been nice for me.
    Here's me after saying the other day that BinD is 5th - 10th place rider only, now I am picking him to win.
    Yes, fickle. That's me.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Anyone offering opinions on whether Masia should have been docked a place for venturing onto 'the green'?
    IMO he should have been.
    In order to avoid the green he could have slowed down.
    I think it was inconsistent and unfair of Race Control, because they will ping someone else for exactly the same thing sooner or later.
    That would have worked out well for my sweepstake with Cormac Racing! And extra 5 points for BinD would have been nice for me.
    Here's me after saying the other day that BinD is 5th - 10th place rider only, now I am picking him to win.
    Yes, fickle. That's me.
    Nah it was ok i reckon unlike Pols effort with Mir not getting 3rd in Austria.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they were concerned about what would happen if they were fighting for 1st and 2nd or something (MM and AM)
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    AM only got the Repsol seat due to the strange circumstances of Jorge calling it quits.
    They replaced him with Pol as Pol had been doing great things on the KTM and they needed a good rider to partner Marc.

Now that Alex is showing potential he's possibly deserving of the Repsol seat but realistically his true seat was always going to be in LCR. If Pol doesn't perform next year he'll be goneskis though I'd say.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Yes, but I still think it is a season with an asterisk.

...so was 1973...but it's in the book as to who won...sad but true...

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Nakagami signs multi-year deal with HRC
    The 28-year-old will remain with the LCR Honda Idemitsu squad for 2021 and beyond
    Tags MotoGP, 2020, GRAN PREMIO LIQUI MOLY DE TERUEL, Takaaki Nakagami, LCR Honda
    Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) has announced that it has reached an agreement with 28-year-old Japanese rider Takaaki Nakagami to extend their contract for multiple years starting in 2021. He will join Alex Marquez in the LCR Honda garage, with eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez being joined by Pol Espargaro in the Repsol Honda box.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Wont be any partying for the teams on Sunday night...

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/10/22/...rns-teams.html

Thread Information