Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I think they accidentally put FQ out on pilot road 3s.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Anyone else thinking Maverick can't seem to get his head in the game during a race??
    I think last year or the year before they changed the race format for a few rounds so that the motogp practice was after moto2 all weekend. Maverick suddenly did well in the races from the get go.
    What it comes down to is he seems to need the track rubbered in to be fast on Sunday as he is used to it being that way in practice, that's why half way through the race after Miller has been doing drifting and laying down some fat skids he's suddenly the fastest guy on track. The track has the grip to give him the confidence to push, sadly by that stage everyone has fucked off and he's left playing catch up

He's essentially a rider not able to adapt as well as the others to finding a different track than what he was expecting. Simon Crafar is very critical of him I saw in after the flag a few weeks back, pretty much stating that Yamaha should be tearing up his factory contract as he's unworthy and signing one of the young guns.
    I see in the press he's getting mad and blaming Yamaha, but the other guys don't see to have the problem so I'm guessing they're putting it right back in his court, probably with some data from some of the other guys who're doing fine. Sucks as I'd love to see him adapt and get on to it, but he's had quite a few years to do so now and he's shown no progress in this area. If Rossi is a Sunday man than Maverick is a Friday Saturday guy.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Agreed It seems as soon as things don't go exactly the way he imagined at the start, it fucks his head, he cant settle, looses another place or two then starts to fight back when its to late.
    Must be hard for the team to see great lap times qually etc, then shit, then good at the end of the race. That must point strongly at the rider I reckon.

Secondly the young up and comers are having so much fun this season not sure if I'd like MM to have the rest of the season off. LMAO
    I think this latest result shows where the old guard and the new sorta sit atm.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, thought for quite some time now that Mav is never going to be consistent enough to be champ, too much in his head come race time. Where as the likes of Binder and ilk, they are Sunday riders, they turn up on race day. Mav is the opposite of them.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Strange new star KTM didn't shine very bright. Wonder what next week will bring?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Overnight Mat Oxley reported on fun times at the press conference.

"Classic press-conference moment from Dovizioso - journalist Manuel Pecino asks him about a Ducati CEO Domenicali tweeting about Bagnaia fixing the Ducati's turning problems with his riding technique. Dovizioso's answer: "I don't think it's a good idea for Domenicali to tweet."

If you've handed in your notice, but you are leading the championship, you can speak your mind.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Strange new star KTM didn't shine very bright. Wonder what next week will bring?
    Couldn't stop the bike apparently, big issues braking with the grip available. Goes to show how fickle the tyre bike combination still is, one week heros... I'd say Suzuki is the most consistent bike out there, if they could get it to qualify they'd be a much bigger threat.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Overnight Mat Oxley reported on fun times at the press conference.

"Classic press-conference moment from Dovizioso - journalist Manuel Pecino asks him about a Ducati CEO Domenicali tweeting about Bagnaia fixing the Ducati's turning problems with his riding technique. Dovizioso's answer: "I don't think it's a good idea for Domenicali to tweet."

If you've handed in your notice, but you are leading the championship, you can speak your mind.
    He's a clever guy and good with a clever remark. Interesting to note that he "Found something" in the test on Tuesday, at a guess he "found something" after combing through Pecos data from the weekend...
    I couldn't help but notice that watching Peco on Sunday reminded me a lot of Jorge when he finally clicked with the Ducati, very similar looking in style and didn't appear to have any major weak points of the Yamahas in the corners. If he'd started up further he'd have given Frankie a good run no doubt. If he could win on that Mahindra...

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that watching Peco on Sunday reminded me a lot of Jorge when he finally clicked with the Ducati, very similar looking in style and didn't appear to have any major weak points of the Yamahas in the corners. If he'd started up further he'd have given Frankie a good run no doubt. If he could win on that Mahindra...
    And all with a busted Leg.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    77 XL250
    FQ banged in impressive times in a long run in FP2. That sort of pace should see win 3 for him this weekend. The rest of the podium I wouldn't want to pick. This is getting more like Moto3 each race.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Jack Miller said a tear off was sucked into the air intake of his Ducati blocking it. One oddity in race full of them.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Jack Miller said a tear off was sucked into the air intake of his Ducati blocking it. One oddity in race full of them.
    And Pecco reckoned he slid off because of one

It was one of Fabios tear offs in Millers bike.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Joan Mir pays dearly for poor qualifying....he is a a top podium contender, i like the way he came up to Fabio and Pol and dealt to them.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    How unlucky. He was heading backwards from the get go big time, wonder when it got sucked in?
    Watching Peco behind him at the beginning of the race looked like Peco was on a different bike with his extra corner speed. Very impressive stuff. Goes to show how fickle the tyres are in Motogp racing, last year Peco no where, this year he's gelled with it and the others are struggling. Once again though the Pramac boys carrying the Ducati flag, future looks bright. Meanwhile somehow Dovi leads the championship lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Joan Mir pays dearly for poor qualifying....he is a a top podium contender, i like the way he came up to Fabio and Pol and dealt to them.
    Mir is my pick for Champion now, his form recently is pretty hard to discount. Pure class, the others are very lucky that they can't find a set up to get that bike to qualify.
    Absolutely ruthless in his overtaking but still manages to get through the field clean as a whistle, proof you can be fast as fuck and clean. He's risen to the top as fast as any of the aliens, future champion for sure.

Rookies looking good too, great to see Alex Marquez showing some signs of improvement, must be hard with so little data available to see what's possible. Likewise Iker.
    Speaking of rookies, Brad Binder going around the OUTSIDE of Fabio Quatararo was hilarious, once again I was reminded of how Marquez punishes the front of a bike without any mercy. Shame he binned her but was very entertaining for a few laps that's for sure. Good step in pace from KTM too, was worried Pol would chuck it down the road with that tyre like that but he rode well.

Seems Fabs has lost some of the ability he has last year to get out of the corners better than the other Yamaha guys, if I remember correctly it was what set him apart from the other Yam boys last year when they were doing battles, he'd get the power he had to the ground in a better way. Mir and Pol showed him up big time in this area so he had nothing to bring to the table for an overtake.

Bike
    77 XL250
    And MV got his act together with a good start and first laps. If he can remember how to do that next week then I will be impressed (and surprised).

Halfway point in the season and 4 points seperating the top 4 riders. We should pay M Marzuez to miss the first half of next year too.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    And MV got his act together with a good start and first laps. If he can remember how to do that next week then I will be impressed (and surprised).

Halfway point in the season and 4 points seperating the top 4 riders. We should pay M Marzuez to miss the first half of next year too.
    Great to see the newer riders all trying hard on all the makes of bikes. I'm keen to see who can take the fight to #93 when he returns, (and if they can.)

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information